steve on cover of new guitar world magazine. may 2009

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Jeries

Jeries' review of guitar world this month...

the interview and article on Steve was AMAZING and inspiring. told me stuff i never knew about a guy i thought i knew everything about...

Something i thought was AWFUL that i may be wrong about-- but on the bonus CD rom... the gentleman who gave the lesson on 'the attitude song' i thought was AWFUL....his playing in 7/16 i found uncomfortable and bad - although he explained the time signature very well... in addition to the stuff with the whammy bar that has melodies on it- i found awful, out of tune, all over the place and painful to listen to.... and in the outro with the double stops of the lead guitar i had to stop it because it was painful to hear him play.- i dont mean to be critical of the guy i'm sure he's talented to be doing videos for the best guitar mag out there--- but him playing the attitude song was terrible....
cbr1000f

Mikey wrote:"Where The Wild Things Are" is the name of the upcoming Sound Theories tour DVD filmed in Minneapolis.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Can't wait to buy it! Anyway, that title must have been hanging around in Steve's head for quite a while :)

A short part from an old interview "Jack of All Trades: A Chat with Guitar Wizard Steve Vai" by Greg Prato (for MusicToday):
Mt: Does this concept piece have a name?
Steve: The concept piece was called Anatomy Of A Soul. One disc was going to be called Anatomy and the other one was called Of A Soul. It was either that or Where The Wild Things Are, but I just think that it would be very difficult to get that name. So the record I'm working on now has a working title, but it can change.
Mt: And what is that album's working title?
Steve: Real Illusions.
Breeder

i cant wait...a month :(

anyone here want so to buy it and send it to me via mail? :mrgreen:
paying with paypal :mrgreen:
jemgirl

its in the dutch stands rightnow!!
bought meself a copy today!!!
steve looks freeking cool on the cover! :headbang
R1FSR

cant find this mag anywhere in the UK :(
Trinity777

He looks tired and sad. This shot dosent even look like Steve. :shock:
I have a feeling he might of had a real bad night or day before.

Like getting ove the flu or something. :roll:

Trinity777 8)
zappahead

the new issue comes out next week.

it has joe satriani, and his new band, chickenfoot.

chad smith, frummer from the red hot chilli peppers.
marc anthony, bass player from van halen.
sammy hagar, singer.
Big Bad Bill

Its now available in the UK
Jeries

i think it will be released SUMMER 2009... and DVD's always come out on tuesday's in the US
StevieBoston
Newcomer

Excellent article!

Steve was doing the D.I.Y thing long before most people. So much easier now with the music technology thats about. Pity it doesn't write masterpieces for ya though lol
Patill

Jeries wrote:i think it will be released SUMMER 2009... and DVD's always come out on tuesday's in the US

uhh, and I´ll have to order it again, becuase it will take one year until it comes out in germany :roll:
Breeder

ORDERED MINE!!!

coming in a week, can`t wait
b2

Interesting interview and nice pictures.
A few of the questions was a little odd or maybe silly, but nice Steve answered them all.
I believe I have heard or read some of this before so also nice
Steve answers all questions even if he has been asked them 1000 times before.
Well... I don't know if he did really answered all questions... :)

The front cover was nice. I did not notice it was a remake of the Flex-Able album cover
before I read it. But I am a "late bloomer" so... hehe
But the best picture was that on page 56, Steve without sunglasses.
Been so many with sunglasses the last years.

Can't wait for the new dvd! Rock on!

I forgot to tell that I got the Flex-Able LP for free.
A friend gave me his because as he said -this is just to weird music for me!
It is the LP with the original pink-red heart and title on cover.
EyE

I remember that Steve wanted to use that title I quess for the Ultra Zone album. Is that correct Mikey?
cbr1000f wrote:
Mikey wrote:"Where The Wild Things Are" is the name of the upcoming Sound Theories tour DVD filmed in Minneapolis.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Can't wait to buy it! Anyway, that title must have been hanging around in Steve's head for quite a while :)

A short part from an old interview "Jack of All Trades: A Chat with Guitar Wizard Steve Vai" by Greg Prato (for MusicToday):
Mt: Does this concept piece have a name?
Steve: The concept piece was called Anatomy Of A Soul. One disc was going to be called Anatomy and the other one was called Of A Soul. It was either that or Where The Wild Things Are, but I just think that it would be very difficult to get that name. So the record I'm working on now has a working title, but it can change.
Mt: And what is that album's working title?
Steve: Real Illusions.
Ekim

So is there anything else Vai-related on the CD-ROM besides the Attitude Song lesson?

I got a gift subscription that doesn't include the CD-ROMs. But I would buy it if it has enough cool stuff.