steve on cover of new guitar world magazine. may 2009

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Tobacco Road

Big Bad Bill wrote:
Tobacco Road wrote:It may be just the picture, but Vai looks very old in it.
Does it matter? Unlike Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake et al. Steve has never been a 'looks' orientated artist-image, yes, looks, no. Its about the music because he makes amazing music. I think Steve should wear his 48 years with pride!

It doesn't matter. I was making a simple point.
Fanch

Desert_Runner wrote:I'm guessing I'm not the only one who can't bear to look at the badly broken JEM777LNG?

(I know its photoshopped, but still :x )
Could it be possible someone built this 'flexible JEM' for Steve? :o

Anyway, look forward to picking up a copy of this G.W. next week!!
Ugur Dariveren

Seraphim wrote:Wow!!! Great!!!
Thanks for put here the picture Ugur :wink:
:headbang
Tom

Cool picture -- I don't recall that the neck came so close to breaking, in the original cover art. The strings will hold it all together I guess.

I always remember when I first got this album, I bought it on cassette, 1985 or 1986. Once while playing it at work behind the counter of a little convenience store (I was in high school) a customer came in while "The Attitude Song" was playing, one of the sections where the pitch of the guitar parts gets all wacky and wobbly -- the customer yelled at me, "Your tape player's busted! It's eating the tape, stop the tape, you're going to ruin the machine!" Then he bought a Mello Yello and left.

Look forward to the magazine.
RickAllen

Fanch wrote:
Desert_Runner wrote:I'm guessing I'm not the only one who can't bear to look at the badly broken JEM777LNG?

The Jem was just photoshopped. On the index page there is a photo of it just like new. There are two other photos from that session in the mag also. I just picked it up today. Am going to read it now.

Also i think his guitar needs some v i a g r a. :lol:
Fanch

Edit: Burping orgasmic fumes of Monster beverage.

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Fanch on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fanch

RickAllen wrote:
Fanch wrote:

The Jem was just photoshopped. On the index page there is a photo of it just like new. There are two other photos from that session in the mag also. I just picked it up today. Am going to read it now.

Also i think his guitar needs some v i a g r a. :lol:

Yes, I know. I should have phrased the question differently: 'Could anyone with guitar/wood/non-organic materials expertise build this flexible JEM?' Woulld be a Very cool guitar indeed!!

I remember in 87, when I first heard flexible. It was sort of a cool thing to even know about it. My guitar player turned me on to me it at the time. I was like...WHOAH..Way cool and different. Then, he turned me on to Zappa. Plus, 'reminding me' about 'various projects' Steve had played on, lol. The rest is history.

Also looking forward to the master lesson: they are always good for us bass players also!(like the borg: assimilate 4 strings of theory...adapt and conquer) Well, not conqurer, but you know what I mean. :)
jemgirl

Tobacco Road wrote:WOW 25 years! Can't wait to pick it up!
It may be just the picture, but Vai looks very old in it.

Ciao

i dont give a shit how he looks like today..we all gedding older,its the music he plays,
and mr.vai is still the best guitarist!!! :headbang
777lovein

I mean he is 48 not 52. And one day we are all looking older. That´s the thing of age. But i thing Steve looks cool like allways :)
Claus P

777lovein wrote:I mean he is 48 not 52. And one day we are all looking older. That´s the thing of age. But i thing Steve looks cool like allways :)
I think you might have misunderstood my earlier comment (page 1) - it was my own age I referred to and you are right about Steve being 48. Btw I agree in all the many positive remarks above. :wink:
pipowicz

jemgirl wrote:
Tobacco Road wrote:WOW 25 years! Can't wait to pick it up!
It may be just the picture, but Vai looks very old in it.

Ciao

i dont give a shit how he looks like today..we all gedding older,its the music he plays,
and mr.vai is still the best guitarist!!! :headbang
Amen !
Cool pic, thx for sharing.
Ice9

Attn: Spoiler. If you have not read the article yet do not read.

Ummmm. New DVD Mikey? When?
Patill

I think he looks old beause of the photoshopping of this picture.

I mean look at the shadows on his cheek...looks completely unnatural and wrong. That makes the picture kind of old.

And why did they have to break the neck of this guitar in the picture :x???
Breeder

Patill wrote: And why did they have to break the neck of this guitar in the picture :x???
I hope this is a joke :lol: :lol:
RAI

It's a valid question.
The neck isn't broken on the Album cover......

8)