Your First Guitar

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
chestah

mY first was an electric Epiphone, that was on sale at a local department store(not a music store, a place like Home Improvement or something like that) anyways it was a cheep strat body like with a hammer style neck..

The body was made of Plywood(I stipped it down to actually see) and the neck was warpped.. The pickups sucked and so did the action, it never stayed in tune(mainly cause I never owned a tuner and I didn't know how to tune a guitar) and I barely ever played it..

that's when a friend of mine sold me his mex-strat for $20 so he could go and buy a few grams of weed.. and I loved that guitar to death until my first live gig with it, and I wanted to be like nirvana.. I smashed it on the stange, breaking the neck into splinters and cracking the body in half.. Oh and making a few holes on the wooden stage that I had to pay for.. fun..
and that's how I started playing guitar...:D
alienacidsoup

Phantom - Earl Slick :shock:
XSteveDudeX

A piece of s*** looking Epiphone les Paul... The pawnshop special. :lol:

The Guitar I want most is an Ibanez Universe 7-String.....Like the one that Steve plays. :D
Knightmeir

First guitars I played were an Aspen Acoustic, Ibanez Silver Series Strat copy (heavily modified), and a Carvin DC 135 (I believe)

First guitar I bought: Fender Strat (and I still got it)
Oliver_Reed

My first was some cheap peice of wood with a neck bolted onto it that my dad bought for me for £10. When they realised that I never put it down - my parents bought me a classical guitar made by Suzuki.

My first electric was a Squire (Fender strat copy); then after discovering Stach/Vai I bought myself an Ibanez 550. For the last few years I've been playing a JEM777 Heaven - and in my opinion, there is no better guitar.

Ollie.
guyzif

My first was a Hondo strat with a black and silver EVH style design. It plasyed peally s**t and the locking trem was crap. I stoped using it when I got my second guitar, a westfield Les Paul copy. Now I use an Ibanez Ergodyne. I am Retro fitting My first Guitar with EVO's and puting a Tuno-matic bridge on it. I've named it Kellie after my Girl Friend.
ROCK KITTEN 76

SQUIRE ...DREAM GUITAR JEM7VWH WITH MY OWN DESIGN AIRBRUSHED IN AND MR VAI ATTACHED!!
:twisted:

KITTEN
BloodySwirl
Newcomer

First guitar: Tabacco Burst Harmony Strat Clone

Current guitars:
Plus a Soundgear bass and 2 more Frankenstein guitars in the closet.
Dreamboye
Newcomer

Mine was a stratovox. It was my dad's first guitar when he was 15 or so. Really cheap guitar and has a funky sound, but it looks pretty kool.
Tony

My very first guitar was an old cheap acoustic with .012 strings on it (right for beginners :lol: ).
Then I got my first REAL guitar, a cheap Start copy by Career. But it's not that bad. Now I've got an Ibanez RG 570, damn cool axe 8)
shader

Crate fat-strat copy
jcm900

Epiphone Fat-210

(strato copy)
BSBoy

First guitar was a Hagstrom Futurama
BSBoy

Current guitars...
Hagstrom Futurama
Fender Strat MIJ '68 Reissue
Epiphone Korina Explorer '58 Reissue
Dean USA (Model Unknown)
Ibanez EX370FT-BL
Ibanez EX370FM-TB

now the good ones 8)
Ibanez RG550BK
Ibanez RG548LBL
Ibanez JEM7BSB :lol:
Ibanez JEM7VSBL
Ibanez UNIVERSE UV777PBK
seaofstrings
Newcomer

mine wa a cheap imatation strat but im getting a les paul standard (blue)