Alien Guitar Secrets Masterclass FAQ

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mackattack
Newcomer

Re: Alien Guitar Secrets Masterclass FAQ

#136 Post by Mackattack » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:34 pm

I too would like to know the answers to these questions. I want Steve to sign my custom dedicated to him. I too have tickets to the Perth Masterclass. Please make this happen stevo!!

Alien DNA
Newcomer

#137 Post by Alien DNA » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:41 am

Hmmm, having a Naked Pass from the Where The Wild Things Are vinyl... is it still valid with the Masterclass in Melbourne??

BigBunny

#138 Post by BigBunny » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:24 am

Alien DNA wrote:Hmmm, having a Naked Pass from the Where The Wild Things Are vinyl... is it still valid with the Masterclass in Melbourne??
i read the back and it says Masterclasses arn't included :(

Alien DNA
Newcomer

#139 Post by Alien DNA » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:17 pm

BOOOOOOOOO!!! :cry:

ozmium01
Newcomer

#140 Post by ozmium01 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:35 pm

Yeah BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Paul Tauterouff
Newcomer

#141 Post by Paul Tauterouff » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:27 am

I have a question for those of you who have attended one of Steve's Masterclasses in the past. Do you recommend bringing a pad and pen and taking notes? Or do you feel that taking notes interferes with your ability to focus on and enjoy the class? Thanks for any advice you can offer.

ibanezfreak777

#142 Post by ibanezfreak777 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Paul Tauterouff wrote:I have a question for those of you who have attended one of Steve's Masterclasses in the past. Do you recommend bringing a pad and pen and taking notes? Or do you feel that taking notes interferes with your ability to focus on and enjoy the class? Thanks for any advice you can offer.
I wouldn't bother with a pen and paper.. you will take more away with you from just listening and enjoying the experience...

or

Just select hit record on your iphone or similar, and you should be able to record everything he says... and play it back if you feel you really want to..

R1FSR

#143 Post by R1FSR » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:21 am

Just select hit record on your iphone or similar, and you should be able to record everything he says..
......only if you want to be removed from the class :roll: :?

ibanezfreak777

#144 Post by ibanezfreak777 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:38 pm

So lucky me, I was selected to Jam with Vai on stage during his Melbourne, Australia Masterclass... Im actually sh-ting my pants :P Any chance I can know which track I will be improvising to ???

Cheers !!

BigBunny

#145 Post by BigBunny » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:22 pm

ibanezfreak777 wrote:So lucky me, I was selected to Jam with Vai on stage during his Melbourne, Australia Masterclass... Im actually sh-ting my pants :P Any chance I can know which track I will be improvising to ???

Cheers !!
congrats! :headbang make sure you post a thread about it!

lucky7

#146 Post by lucky7 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Congrats I will see you there, I remember a few years back I met a guy Josh at the aftershow in Melbourne who told Steve he was learning Whispering a Prayer, then and there Steve got him to play it, I am sure that is a treasure moment ........ 8)

I am not sure if this applies to every state but is it correct no one is allowed to bring a guitar into the masterclass?

I hope we get the question answering regarding whether Steve will have time to sign stuff...

And to get an idea of how many tickets are presold for the Melbourne masterclass....

Not long now. 8)

Nate from San Diego

#147 Post by Nate from San Diego » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:34 am

Paul Tauterouff wrote:I have a question for those of you who have attended one of Steve's Masterclasses in the past. Do you recommend bringing a pad and pen and taking notes? Or do you feel that taking notes interferes with your ability to focus on and enjoy the class? Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Bring a pad and pen. The Masterclass is a very insightful, and will inspire you to explore the creativity that is within. You will want to take copious notes, for many of the topics are introspective in nature and require further personal exploration through practice. It is a unique, inspirational experience.

I was fortunate to have attended one here in San Diego. I met Steve...

and Mikey let me borrow his pen to take copious notes. :mrgreen:

ibanezfreak777

#148 Post by ibanezfreak777 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Nate from San Diego wrote:
Bring a pad and pen. The Masterclass is a very insightful, and will inspire you to explore the creativity that is within. You will want to take copious notes, for many of the topics are introspective in nature and require further personal exploration through practice. It is a unique, inspirational experience.

I was fortunate to have attended one here in San Diego. I met Steve...

and Mikey let me borrow his pen to take copious notes. :mrgreen:
I had the most amazing night at the Vai Master class... Jammed with him had him sign my guitar and learnd alot.. But I didn't need a pad and pen... I took it all in just fine...

I dont think a pad and pen is needed... If you understand english, and pay attention, you will just click with what he is saying and you will just get it...

Well worth the money... :)