Alien Guitar Secrets Masterclass FAQ

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Tobacco Road

Re: Alien Guitar Secrets Masterclass FAQ

#121 Post by Tobacco Road » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi there mikey, i got tickets to the Toronto Masterclass in November but the credit card i used was not mine it was my dads and its showing that his name is on the will call list. Will he have to accompany me in order to recieve the tickets or am i able to bring a drivers lisence and the actual credit card used to process the transaction and receive the tickets myself?. I remember when i purchased EVO tickets i was in the same situation and you said it wasn't a problem. But this being a different event im not sure if the rules still apply.

Thanks
Robbie

Kremlin
Newcomer

#122 Post by Kremlin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:01 am

Hey Mikey, really looking forward to the Calgary masterclass (flying out just for it!). I called in my order and they said there was no physical ticket, they'd just have my name at the door -- which sounds a little weird. Is this right?

Calgary's my home town, let me know if you want any restaurant recomendations or anything like that... There's a great Italian place where they always give me get a private room when I make reservations, because Brad Pitt always eats there when he's in town (he owns a house a 1 hour drive away) and his bodyguard shares my name, no joke. Great look of disappointment on their face whenever I show up, hahaha.

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#123 Post by Mikey » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:07 pm

Kremlin wrote:Hey Mikey, really looking forward to the Calgary masterclass (flying out just for it!). I called in my order and they said there was no physical ticket, they'd just have my name at the door -- which sounds a little weird. Is this right?
That sounds fine.

We're not running the Calgary Masterclass - the venue is - so they are handling ticket sales, which is why they are a little different from the way we are selling tickets for Toronto.

Mikey

Philipp

#124 Post by Philipp » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:23 am

Hey,

I attend the masterclass. Steve recommended a website (http://www.tune.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.), where you can protect your music. Unfortunately I have forgotten the complete adress. Can someone of you help me to find out what the correct adress is?

Philipp

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#125 Post by Mikey » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:05 am

tunecore.com.

Not for protecting music, but selling it.

Mikey
vai.com

robertgodonnell
Newcomer

#126 Post by robertgodonnell » Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 am

Hi Mikey.

Just a couple of quick questions.
I am attending Steve's Masterclass in Orlando on June 19th.
I was wondering roughly how many people will be attending?

Also, I understand all of the policies regarding camera's and what not.
I read on the class outline line 9 Meet & Greet that Steve will do autograph's
and photo's with Steve. Is there a photographer that takes the pictures
and are they for sale to us and if so, roughly how much$!!!

Thanks!
Robert in Sarasota Florida

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#127 Post by Mikey » Mon May 24, 2010 12:05 pm

robertgodonnell wrote:Hi Mikey.

Just a couple of quick questions.
I am attending Steve's Masterclass in Orlando on June 19th.
I was wondering roughly how many people will be attending?

Also, I understand all of the policies regarding camera's and what not.
I read on the class outline line 9 Meet & Greet that Steve will do autograph's
and photo's with Steve. Is there a photographer that takes the pictures
and are they for sale to us and if so, roughly how much$!!!

Thanks!
Robert in Sarasota Florida
Hi Robert.

There will be at least 70 people in attendance, however tickets are still on sale, so it may be more.

You can bring a camera for the meet and greet, but cameras are expressly forbidden during the master class itself, and this policy is strictly enforced. So basically, feel free to bring a camera, but don't take it out during the class.

Thanks,

Mikey
vai.com

William1966
Newcomer

#128 Post by William1966 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:58 am

Hi Mikey,
I posted this on a different thread also, sorry about the duplicate. How will the seating be arranged at the Orlando event? Will it be reserved or first come first serve. I bought 2 tickets (me and my wife) but at separate times and I'm hoping we will be able to sit together even though the tickets weren't purchased at the same time.
Thanks to you and Steve,
Bill

William1966
Newcomer

#129 Post by William1966 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

One last question..Will there be Vai merchandise for sale at the event ie. CD's, posters, etc?

Kevan

#130 Post by Kevan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:45 pm

William1966 wrote:Hi Mikey,
I posted this on a different thread also, sorry about the duplicate. How will the seating be arranged at the Orlando event? Will it be reserved or first come first serve. I bought 2 tickets (me and my wife) but at separate times and I'm hoping we will be able to sit together even though the tickets weren't purchased at the same time.
Thanks to you and Steve,
Bill
Hey Bill!
It is first come-first serve/seating.
With the way we have the room setup, it will be very difficult to find a bad seat.
I've asked the staff here to give the chairs a little extra space between them so, if necessary, attendees are able to play their guitar w/o having to do the stand-up bass pose. :)

I suggest that you speak with the person doing the check-in at the master class about reserving the seat next to you.
I don't think there will be any problem having you and your wife sitting next to each other.
We will do our best to make it happen.

I don't know about merchandise being available.
I will check on that for you.

Some teaser info for everyone:
- Steve's gear for the master class showed up today. Think you have a lot of gear? His came on a pallet. :D

See you in a few days!

PortlandAxe

#131 Post by PortlandAxe » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Kevan, Gabe, and the rest of the Jemfest crew,

You guys did a fantastic job with the AGS & Jemfest events. This will be one of the most memorable events of my lifetime. It was so cool to be a part of it, and I'll definitely be back next year.

Getting to meet Steve and attend his AGS master class was the highlight of my music career for sure. Steve's message was so inspiring, I can't even begin to describe how meaningful his words of musical wisdom are for all of us aspiring artists.

And on top of all that, Rob Balducci's guitar clinic on Friday was AWESOME! Rob, if you're reading this, thanks for taking the time to basically perform your entire new CD live for us all and answer all our questions on top of that!

Darren did an awesome job with those swirled T-shirts. I can't wait to wear mine on stage sometime soon. :)

Thanks to the entire Jemfest crew for putting on an awesome show. See you next year,

Gary

P.S. To Kevan -- Yep, blueberry crepes and a side of sausage links at the local I-HOP is pretty damned tasty... Thanks for letting me hang with you all after the show. (But seriously... A double order?? Think of your arteries, man. ;)

Kevan

#132 Post by Kevan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:33 pm

William- my apologies for not posting about the merch.
Andy brought a few copies of Steve's "Naked Tracks" with him that were made available at the end of the AGS class.
I'm sure there will be more forewarning about which Vai goodies will be available at the next AGS event.

Thanks PortlandAxe!

bradsmithdba
Newcomer

#133 Post by bradsmithdba » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:15 am

Will there be any more AGS Masterclasses this year?

I just found out about them and will fly anywhere on the planet to attend but the June 2010 class in Orlando is the last one listed on the schedule...

BigBunny

#134 Post by BigBunny » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:39 am

wow, there hasn't been a post in this thread for a year! :shock:
i am so excited that Steve is bringing his Masterclass to Australia. i have a ticket for Perth and have a few questions?

~ how many people usually attend a Masterclass? my ticket says GA, so should i turn up early and hope for a good seat?

~ does Steve have anytime to sign autographs after the class?

~ will there be a M&G competition?

thank you
Leanne (BigBunny)

ibanezfreak777

#135 Post by ibanezfreak777 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Id like the above questions answered also...