The Boy from Seattle

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
faithplusone01

Why doesnt everybody talk about this song?! In my opinion it is one of Vai's best and one of the best on the ALS album! It has a great melody, chill-out feel, typically out-there awesome guitar solo, and the TONE!

Perhaps people dismiss it for its obvious Hendrix feel, but I don't feel like this one gets the credit that it deserves. This is one of my favorite Vai songs.
litlgrnman

One of my favorites! I asked Steve at an EVO Q&A if he would ever play it live. He said it's very difficult to perform. He backed that up with "but I could still play it if i wanted to." I'll hang on to a sliver of hope that he decides to do just that!

:wink:
StevieRayVai

Agreed, maybe he'll do it on the next tour. I loved the fact that after the last tour, he had us post our likes and dislikes about it. Always wanting to improve, it's awesome!
faithplusone01

Well I agree, I could only imagine how difficult it is to play live with the immense wall of orgasmic delay and echo in the middle section, the timing would have to be absolutely perfect.

What if he had (using "the Breed" as an example) Dave Weiner, Tony McAlpine, and Steve playing the echoed part in a round of some sort... that'd be an interesting twist? :D
Stefan
Newcomer

Why doesn't he ever do when I was a little boy? it's funny :)
Cleggy

Ohhhhhh!

SeAttle with an A! Theres me thinking hendrix was from yorkshire. Doh!

I joke. Yeah I like this song too but i dont think people pass on it. Maybe by metalheads who wont listen to whats not distorted, dont think so though.