Question about the Minneapolis DVD

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Svelt Pen

Will there be a focus on Steve's hands, or an angle/fretcam option?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

There is a LOT of very close footage of Steve's hands in the Minneapolis DVD, unlike the Astoria, where there just wasn't enough shot (it was shot with 4 cameras, whereas the Minneapolis show was shot with 9.)

Mikey :)
vai.com
GYiakoumi

Mikey wrote:There is a LOT of very close footage of Steve's hands in the Minneapolis DVD, unlike the Astoria, where there just wasn't enough shot (it was shot with 4 cameras, whereas the Minneapolis show was shot with 9.)

vai.com
Aye I am watching the astoria as we speak, -commentary track

Steve talks about how he had to replace some of the shots from previous shows because the camera-men only focused on his face and a few neck shots on the guitar, theres were very rare shots of Dave and Billy and Tony, only behind them.
an example is in 'The Animal' you would have shots of Steve with the glasses hat and Evo II and some without glasses and Evo etc.
Svelt Pen

Awesome! Can't wait for this thing to come out...
bob mac

Svelt Pen wrote:Awesome! Can't wait for this thing to come out...

+1!! Hopefully this year.................
DEVIL82

When its out...ill get it :twisted: Moo ha ha
cant wait
Desert_Runner

GYiakoumi wrote:
Mikey wrote:There is a LOT of very close footage of Steve's hands in the Minneapolis DVD, unlike the Astoria, where there just wasn't enough shot (it was shot with 4 cameras, whereas the Minneapolis show was shot with 9.)

vai.com

Steve talks about how he had to replace some of the shots from previous shows because the camera-men only focused on his face and a few neck shots on the guitar, theres were very rare shots of Dave and Billy and Tony, only behind them.
an example is in 'The Animal' you would have shots of Steve with the glasses hat and Evo II and some without glasses and Evo etc.
And Dave Weiner's guitar changes colour in Erotic Nightmares.
GYiakoumi

Desert_Runner wrote:
GYiakoumi wrote:

vai.com

And the confetti is not always on the floor in Liberty :)
DEVIL82

also its not the same steve....was it jack butler :D
Desert_Runner

GYiakoumi wrote:
Desert_Runner wrote:
GYiakoumi wrote: Aye I am watching the astoria as we speak, -commentary track

And I think MacAlpine's shirt changes colour. During his keyoard solo it's blue but later on in the show it's black. Is that a costume change or just the camera at work again?
GYiakoumi

Desert_Runner wrote:
GYiakoumi wrote:
Desert_Runner wrote: And Dave Weiner's guitar changes colour in Erotic Nightmares.
And I think MacAlpine's shirt changes colour. During his keyoard solo it's blue but later on in the show it's black. Is that a costume change or just the camera at work again?
I dunno but on the commentary track Steve mentions 'It's a good thing we were wearing the same clothes' so I think it may be a costume change.
lydian2000

On the commentary track Steve also explains that most of the shots were unusable and therefore it was a video COMPILATION(even though if I remember correctly most of it is from the second night) of both nights..hence the changes of clothes or colour.
Tom

The shows last fall were so amazing I can't wait for this DVD!
Seraphim

lydian2000 wrote:On the commentary track Steve also explains that most of the shots were unusable and therefore it was a video COMPILATION(even though if I remember correctly most of it is from the second night) of both nights..hence the changes of clothes or colour.
That's right and as far as I remember, that was already explained here in another thread, but long time ago. Don't gonna make some search now because I'm busy at work :lol: :lol:
Meanwhile, we are a bit of topic... :? :o

About the Minneapolis DVD... wow... 9 cameras :headbang :peace

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
Brakkum

i completely forgot, but this show was a year ago last night! :shock: i can't believe how quick this last year has been!