Login with a social network:

It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:23 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:58 am
Posts: 764
Location: london, england
I think Kirk would fit in quite well in a G3. I personally havn't seen one but theyv'e all been different. You've got Vai and Satch who are the Regulars then you've got the guest who adds a different flavour; Eric Johnson added the blues, Yngwie added Neo-classical shred, Petrucci added a Prog feel. I think Kirk would add a more metal feel to a G3 which isn't a bad thing IMO, not that i'd ever see one :evil: :!: :!: .


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:17 am 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:02 am
Posts: 7
Location: Athens,GREECE,glyfada
:twisted:
cool quedtion.it would be interesting to see vai in hammets position!!`'d like to hear his ideas in solos like master,one and dyers eve........
metallica would rule if vai wasn't the king :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:27 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:58 am
Posts: 764
Location: london, england
I don't know about that. Steve could easily smash any hammet solo if he was in matallica but thankfully that won't happen.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:43 am 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:53 am
Posts: 10
Location: Scotland UK
firstly all you people that talk s**t about hammett should give the guy some repect he may not be as good as vai or satriani but you cant compare his work in metallica with vai or satriani's solo work. you never know, if hammett does release a solo album it may be completely different from anything hes done in metallica. i for one would love to see him on the G3 tour. lastly you shouldn't talk crap about a band or guitarist just because they're not to your liking.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: A joke
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:02 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:01 am
Posts: 21
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Q: What do you say to a drummer in a three piece suit?

Make some guesses. I'll answer tomorrow...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:15 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:01 am
Posts: 21
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Q: What do you say to a drummer in a three piece suit?

A: "Will the defendant please rise." :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:24 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:58 am
Posts: 764
Location: london, england
A drummer walks into a shop and says to the shop keeper "im sick of being called musically stupid my my band mates. want to buy a guitar." The shop keeper looks at him and says " your a drummer arn't you" " how can you tell". The shopkeeper replies...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:26 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:58 am
Posts: 764
Location: london, england
"This is a fish shop."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:28 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:58 am
Posts: 764
Location: london, england
So abot the off topicness of those last two posts but it seemed apt after the previous poster.

Back on topic now sorry...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:29 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:01 am
Posts: 433
Location: london
The Elusive Light+Sound wrote:
firstly all you people that talk s**t about hammett should give the guy some repect he may not be as good as vai or satriani but you cant compare his work in metallica with vai or satriani's solo work. you never know, if hammett does release a solo album it may be completely different from anything hes done in metallica. i for one would love to see him on the G3 tour. lastly you shouldn't talk crap about a band or guitarist just because they're not to your liking.


i agree! well said!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:40 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:06 pm
Posts: 759
Location: memphis, tn
The Elusive Light+Sound wrote:
lastly you shouldn't talk crap about a band or guitarist just because they're not to your liking.


uh, why not? i happen to think kirk hammet is a bad guitar player with no chops or original ideas. i don't really call that talking crap though, i call it my opinion, and if you think otherwise, you're completely entitled to that as well. and as far as him maybe being a better guitar player outside of metallica; i've never heard him do anything i liked, so why would i assume that he's any good?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:32 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:01 am
Posts: 433
Location: london
dude, i think what he means(The Elusive Light+Sound wrote) is the choice of words, i mean, i dont like say, AC DC guitarist but i woudnt say he sucks, i jus dont like him, but i respect that other peaple like him, they must like him for a reseon

peace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:08 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:36 am
Posts: 140
Location: london
The Elusive Light+Sound wrote:
firstly all you people that talk s**t about hammett should give the guy some repect he may not be as good as vai or satriani but you cant compare his work in metallica with vai or satriani's solo work. you never know, if hammett does release a solo album it may be completely different from anything hes done in metallica. i for one would love to see him on the G3 tour. lastly you shouldn't talk crap about a band or guitarist just because they're not to your liking.


nice one mate! this guy knows wot im talkin about!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:52 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:22 am
Posts: 82
I remember reading an article where Steve said that at that moment his favorite guitarist was Dimebag. I think it's safe to say he likes heavy metal. And I don't know if this was a question that needed an answer but Steve of course has met Kirk. Steve, Kirk and Joe did an article together and they all acted like friends. With little personal jokes kicking around in there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:34 pm 
Offline
Newcomer

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:53 am
Posts: 10
Location: Scotland UK
jmchambers5 wrote:
The Elusive Light+Sound wrote:
lastly you shouldn't talk crap about a band or guitarist just because they're not to your liking.


uh, why not? i happen to think kirk hammet is a bad guitar player with no chops or original ideas. i don't really call that talking crap though, i call it my opinion, and if you think otherwise, you're completely entitled to that as well. and as far as him maybe being a better guitar player outside of metallica; i've never heard him do anything i liked, so why would i assume that he's any good?


yeah you're right, everyone is entitled to an oppinion but yours is completly bullsh*t :wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group