does steve like metallica???

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
guyzif

#61 Post by guyzif » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:23 am

I think Kirk would fit in quite well in a G3. I personally havn't seen one but theyv'e all been different. You've got Vai and Satch who are the Regulars then you've got the guest who adds a different flavour; Eric Johnson added the blues, Yngwie added Neo-classical shred, Petrucci added a Prog feel. I think Kirk would add a more metal feel to a G3 which isn't a bad thing IMO, not that i'd ever see one :evil: :!: :!: .

the love of god 999
Newcomer

#62 Post by the love of god 999 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:17 am

:twisted:
cool quedtion.it would be interesting to see vai in hammets position!!`'d like to hear his ideas in solos like master,one and dyers eve........
metallica would rule if vai wasn't the king :twisted:

guyzif

#63 Post by guyzif » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:27 am

I don't know about that. Steve could easily smash any hammet solo if he was in matallica but thankfully that won't happen.

The Elusive Light+Sound
Newcomer

#64 Post by The Elusive Light+Sound » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:43 am

firstly all you people that talk s**t about hammett should give the guy some repect he may not be as good as vai or satriani but you cant compare his work in metallica with vai or satriani's solo work. you never know, if hammett does release a solo album it may be completely different from anything hes done in metallica. i for one would love to see him on the G3 tour. lastly you shouldn't talk crap about a band or guitarist just because they're not to your liking.

Higain

A joke

#65 Post by Higain » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:02 am

Q: What do you say to a drummer in a three piece suit?

Make some guesses. I'll answer tomorrow...

Higain

#66 Post by Higain » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:15 am

Q: What do you say to a drummer in a three piece suit?

A: "Will the defendant please rise." :D

guyzif

#67 Post by guyzif » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:24 am

A drummer walks into a shop and says to the shop keeper "im sick of being called musically stupid my my band mates. want to buy a guitar." The shop keeper looks at him and says " your a drummer arn't you" " how can you tell". The shopkeeper replies...

guyzif

#68 Post by guyzif » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:26 am

"This is a fish shop."

guyzif

#69 Post by guyzif » Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:28 am

So abot the off topicness of those last two posts but it seemed apt after the previous poster.

Back on topic now sorry...

guitar_love

#70 Post by guitar_love » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:29 am

The Elusive Light+Sound wrote:firstly all you people that talk s**t about hammett should give the guy some repect he may not be as good as vai or satriani but you cant compare his work in metallica with vai or satriani's solo work. you never know, if hammett does release a solo album it may be completely different from anything hes done in metallica. i for one would love to see him on the G3 tour. lastly you shouldn't talk crap about a band or guitarist just because they're not to your liking.

i agree! well said!

jmchambers5

#71 Post by jmchambers5 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:40 am

The Elusive Light+Sound wrote:lastly you shouldn't talk crap about a band or guitarist just because they're not to your liking.

uh, why not? i happen to think kirk hammet is a bad guitar player with no chops or original ideas. i don't really call that talking crap though, i call it my opinion, and if you think otherwise, you're completely entitled to that as well. and as far as him maybe being a better guitar player outside of metallica; i've never heard him do anything i liked, so why would i assume that he's any good?

guitar_love

#72 Post by guitar_love » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:32 am

dude, i think what he means(The Elusive Light+Sound wrote) is the choice of words, i mean, i dont like say, AC DC guitarist but i woudnt say he sucks, i jus dont like him, but i respect that other peaple like him, they must like him for a reseon

peace

*metalli-fanatic*

#73 Post by *metalli-fanatic* » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:08 am

The Elusive Light+Sound wrote:firstly all you people that talk s**t about hammett should give the guy some repect he may not be as good as vai or satriani but you cant compare his work in metallica with vai or satriani's solo work. you never know, if hammett does release a solo album it may be completely different from anything hes done in metallica. i for one would love to see him on the G3 tour. lastly you shouldn't talk crap about a band or guitarist just because they're not to your liking.

nice one mate! this guy knows wot im talkin about!

Ice9

#74 Post by Ice9 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:52 pm

I remember reading an article where Steve said that at that moment his favorite guitarist was Dimebag. I think it's safe to say he likes heavy metal. And I don't know if this was a question that needed an answer but Steve of course has met Kirk. Steve, Kirk and Joe did an article together and they all acted like friends. With little personal jokes kicking around in there.

The Elusive Light+Sound
Newcomer

#75 Post by The Elusive Light+Sound » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:34 pm

jmchambers5 wrote:
The Elusive Light+Sound wrote:lastly you shouldn't talk crap about a band or guitarist just because they're not to your liking.

uh, why not? i happen to think kirk hammet is a bad guitar player with no chops or original ideas. i don't really call that talking crap though, i call it my opinion, and if you think otherwise, you're completely entitled to that as well. and as far as him maybe being a better guitar player outside of metallica; i've never heard him do anything i liked, so why would i assume that he's any good?

yeah you're right, everyone is entitled to an oppinion but yours is completly bullsh*t :wink: