Naked Tracks Live!!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
justcartilage

Howdy all,

Nothing on vai.news as yet, but I just downloaded the Naked Tracks collection via iTunes (australia).

Just thought I'd let everyone know. :D

J
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Excellent - can you see the Fire Garden tracks yet?

More cool news is coming about Naked Tracks... soooon...

(Yes, my guard is down because I'm buzzed from Tony Mac's birthday drinks...) Happy birthday T-Mac!

Mikey :)
vai.com
justcartilage

Hi Mikey,

No Fire Garden yet. 1, 2, 3.5, 4, and 5.

Freakin awesome stuff though!!

J

PS. Happy Birthday to Tony Mac as well!!
RAI

Mikey wrote:Excellent - can you see the Fire Garden tracks yet?

(Yes, my guard is down because I'm buzzed from Tony Mac's birthday drinks...) Happy birthday T-Mac!

vai.com
You're drinking and I'm not invited?
What gives?

8)
Bang_Bang
Newcomer

ya i just saw that iTunes has:

Vol 1-Liberty
Vol 1-Erotic Nightmares
Vol 1-The Animal
Vol 1-Answers
Vol 1-For The Love of God
Vol 1-Blue Powder
Vol 1-Sisters
Vol 2-Tender Surrender
Vol 5-K'm-pee-du-wee

dont know how long they have been up though.
NelssoN

vai.com
Yes... Fire Garden tracks are visible... :)

Just purchased 3,4,5...

Dylan.
Bang_Bang
Newcomer

you can get the albums from iTunes for 9.99 or from amazon for 7.99. not sure if their is a diff though. but the quality of the samples on amazon are awesome. and it states that they are in 256kbps, not sure if itunes are diff.

just hearing these in real audio instead of midi is just...just well i dont know how to say it, o hell im going back to listen to more untill my ears bleed. :twisted:

edit: its almost like hearing them for the first time all over again... well you know what i mean.
guitarmattms

Hey, I love this. They do have great sound there at Amazon. I'm thinking about trying Best Buy to pick these up. Another great Idea! I need to stop buying stuff... I just bout a lo-pro tremolo, a Ibanez Jemini and now I might get these. I need to start smacking my hand everytime I think about purchasing something.
TheOtnip

Hey Mikey, Volume 3 is now up on iTunes, but of course, Fire Garden Suite can only be purchased if the entire album is bought... Which strikes me as odd, since if you have all the tracks to distribute as a whole in the first place, they must be really lazy :lol:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Thanks or letting me know about that.. argh! This has been frustrating!

We'll work on getting it changed...

This is why I posted it here for you fine folks before really making a big public splash about it.

vai.com
bcgvh

I'm really not that excited about this. I'd rather just have the backing track to the full song by itself rather than just the main parts repeating for 10 minutes. I have my own loops to jam to. Plus, almost all of these songs have been available before with the Naked Vamps tab books. Really nothing new to get excited about IMO.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

bcgvh wrote:I'm really not that excited about this. I'd rather just have the backing track to the full song by itself rather than just the main parts repeating for 10 minutes. I have my own loops to jam to. Plus, almost all of these songs have been available before with the Naked Vamps tab books. Really nothing new to get excited about IMO.
I see you logged on a whopping 14 months ago to express how much the Naked Vamps that came with the transcription books "sucked".

You clearly don't know what the Naked Tracks set contains... so by all means, be underwhelmed, but don't base your opinions on assumption.

Mikey
vai.com
Big Bad Bill

I downloaded 'Die to Live' and last night was playing over it. F*@king, sh*t burger with fries! I felt like I was Steve Vai (albeit a short fat version) on stage playing before an adoring audience! It was the best fun I've had without a sheep being in the room. I really can't recommend practising like this enough and the lead in guitar part that's been added really helps in cueing the start of the lead. My playing was decidedly ropey but using the backing track (which this one is) is an excellent way of honing ones skills.

As for the naked vamps I have to say I find them more difficult to use since I have the original melody burned into my head and find it really hard to come up with anything new without drifting back to the original tune. Perhaps the booklets with offer some suggestions and directions.

Mikey any progress on the CD releases?
Symphon

naked tracks are not available on amazon.co.uk
i dont have itunes so i cant use that.
Ekim

vai.com
I thought YOU were Tony MacAlpine?!?