Steve Vai Live in Bucharest?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
guitarmattms

Hi everyone,

I noticed there are some videos posted recently on youtube which were filmed in Bucharest/ Are these acurate and is there a dvd? I'll rather have the dvd cause this is in very low quality.

Thanks.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

It's from a TV broadcast of a show from The Ultra Zone tour.

It is not available on DVD.

Mikey
vai.com
matic22

But whole show is on Youtube :D
Desert_Runner

Not quite all of it.
http://www.jemsite.com/etc/tours/uz_rev.htm
Ultra Zone Tour Typical Set List

1. Intro
2. Here I am
3. Ultra Zone
4. Erotic Nightmares
5. Tender Surrender
6. Aching Hunger
7. Salamanders
8. Mangini Solo
9. Jiboom
10. Windows
11. Little Alligators
12. Blood & Tears
13. Angel Food
14. Keneally Solo
15. Fever Dream
16. Voodoo Acid 1
17. Contest Winner (if applicable)
18. Black Dog
19. I Would Love To
20. For The Love Of God
- - - e - n - c - o - r - e - - -
21. Liberty
22. Attitude Song
Quite a lot of those songs aren't there, and some of them are in a different order.

Also good to see a Led Zeppelin cover on the setlist. It would be interesting to see Steve apply his guitar style to a classic rock song.
guitarmattms

Mikey wrote:It's from a TV broadcast of a show from The Ultra Zone tour.

It is not available on DVD.

Mikey
vai.com
I'm dissapointed now :cry: Maybe you can ask Steve to make a dvd for me. :lol: I'll buy it for $14.88 plus tax.

Thanks Mikey for the information. Just a quick question.. Is steve planning any more tours soon or is he just taking a vacation right now?
Tom

Desert_Runner wrote: Also good to see a Led Zeppelin cover on the setlist. It would be interesting to see Steve apply his guitar style to a classic rock song.
Steve's version of "Black Dog" was, as I recall from the fabulous NYC show on that tour, unsurprisingly and astonishingly accurate, every nuance of the Page outro solo we love so much just perfect.... but the vocal was delivered in a whammy-pedal high-pitch that was just hilarious. Wish there were some official film from that tour.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

guitarmattms wrote:Thanks Mikey for the information. Just a quick question.. Is steve planning any more tours soon or is he just taking a vacation right now?
He's editing the Minneapolis DVD (which is looking amazing, by the way), and will be released in standard definition and Blu-Ray.

Then, once the DVD is done and the audio is mixed and mastered and the 5.1 mix is done, it will go into post-production manufactuing and he'll begin work on a new record. When the record is done, he'll tour... but that probably won't be until this time next year.

Expect an update from Steve himself next week some time.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Splish

Conformation of a new record! Hooray! :D
fyrie

Mikey wrote:
He's editing the Minneapolis DVD (which is looking amazing, by the way), and will be released in standard definition and Blu-Ray.
:headbang

Any idea if there will be uncompressed/True HD audio on the BluRay?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

That's the idea with BluRay.

The DVD was filmed in 720p high def.

Mikey :)
vai.com
darren1408
Newcomer

Hi Mikey,

That will be amazing, I cant wait to see Steve Vai on Blu-Ray!!!!

The sound will be incredible :D

Thanks,

Darren.
guitarmattms

Yay, Steve in Blue Ray! Actually, you know what will be better!? Steve in 3D!! If U2 and the Rolling Stones can do it... So can Steve.

Great news!! Looking forward to the new work... I see steve's been bringing back some of the older stuff... Such, as the FTLOG universe and such.

Also, I'm only asking about a new tour cause I haven't seen Steve live yet and hoping to do so. I've seen some of my heros now and all I need to do is see Steve.

P.S.

I recently purchased a Jemini... It'll be great with the Jem I'm building.

Peace!
guitarmattms

Hey, Mikey.

I also wanted to say thanks for the update. It's been awfully quiet on the Vai website. I liked it when he did the blogs for the sound theories dvd and cd. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new stuff from Vai.

Anyway, hope everythings going well for everyone.

PS.

I recently sent an email to PRS about hiring some sanders for their company. I know it's an ugly job but I think it would be cool.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

If you've checked the news page, you'll see there's a lot going on, plus we have a nice big video on the homepage.. plus a couple of blog posts just last week showing Steve at a photoshoot while it was happening...

Mikey
vai.com
guitarmattms

Hmm, okay. My eyesight must be getting worse. Sorry, Mikey. Didn't see that. The last thing I saw was about the jemini being released.