The #?@! Yourself Appreciation Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Azyiu

I am sure this has been discussed before, but feel free to join in.

I decided to give my Flex-able Leftover a spin a couple days ago after at least a year on the shelve... man, all I can say is Steve is a genius!

The song #?@! Yourself, while it deals with some rather serious issues, it does not sound offensive in any way; and it is actually done in quite a humorious manner. I just don't think anyone else can write a song that is about the same subject matter, and that does not sound offensive. :lol: I like what I hear so much, I actually listened to that same a few times over a two-day period.

Well done, Steve!!! :wink:
notavirtuoso

If for nothing else, I will always be in Steve's debt for providing me with the "fuck yourself with your face" line that I've been known to bust out at random.

The thing about that song is that hardly anyone says anything about the outro solo, which is one of my favorites.

I think Steve could have done it without the language. For me, '#?@! Yourself' is one of the few black marks in Steve's catalog.
lydian2000

notavirtuoso wrote:The thing about that song is that hardly anyone says anything about the outro solo, which is one of my favorites.
I agree this is one of a hell kickass solo(and quite long too).

:peace
llamahead

i like it.

i listen to it while watching presidential debates
SoundCurrents32

It's such a great song - not serious, and intended as a bit of fun. :D
VAI05

27 wrote:I think Steve could have done it without the language. For me, '#?@! Yourself' is one of the few black marks in Steve's catalog.
No Way! Killer tune 8) 8) 8)
pin 8

Well. I had the chance yo ask personally to Steve about this song. It was on the last year EVO experience in Bergara (Spain); (me and Vai face to face, talking alone just with Mickey next to us... they told me it was the first time there was only one person at a EVO :shock: , I felt so fortunate and responsible at same time, you can imagine!! it was an EVO Personal Solitaire Experience for me). Well, as the situation was so intimate, I asked Steve about this song, I had a doubt because in the lyrics he talks about Internet, and it didn't fit in a song written in 1982! He answered me that the music was from 1982, but the lyrics were made recently. If he had told me that he was able to foresee in the 80's the importance of Internet in the upcoming future, I would have believed him!! :lol:

For me a great song, very funny of course!
Ekim

Azyiu wrote: The song #?@! Yourself, while it deals with some rather serious issues, it does not sound offensive in any way; and it is actually done in quite a humorious manner. I just don't think anyone else can write a song that is about the same subject matter, and that does not sound offensive.
Of COURSE it's offensive! It was intended to be. You can't write a song with that as a title without knowing well in advance it will be considered offensive.
Azyiu

Ekim wrote:Of COURSE it's offensive! It was intended to be. You can't write a song with that as a title without knowing well in advance it will be considered offensive.
It is offensive somewhat, but again, it isn't exactly a hardcore song and it tends to be humorous anyway.

By the way, I especially love the part he sings about the gov't and paying income taxes. So true! :lol:
joshua202020

The line that got me lmao was: "I've been so f#$%@! by legal bills that my asshole's the size of Beverly Hills.."; really had a good laugh at that. :lol:
bennyvx78

He sings it, and there's nothing wrong with the word Fuck.
If you think it is? ..when then go ....;).
guitar92691

i dont care what you do,fuck yourself with a garden tool
classic!
null_is_one

FUCK YOURSELF WITH A RUBBER HOSE

one of my all time favorite songs that always makes you feel better :)
bennyvx78

I don't think mine would fit.