Steve Vai in Crossroad (Movie)

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
metrodungeon
Newcomer

Maybe the movie (Crossroad) is a little bit out seasoned but i truly feel that Steve perfomance and acting in that movie is really astonishing....not only he plays great tunes he also act better than any other actors in hollywood.....for those who haven't watched the movie, better watch it.....i really like the way he protrayed the devil's guitarist.....the way he performed with the guitars and dancing along with the tunes.....i was wondering if Steve ever appeared in any other movies besides Crossroads.
RAI

Nope....
genixia
Newcomer

RAI wrote:Nope....
Don't his hands appear in B&TEA ?
RAI

Even IF his hands are used in B&TEA, I wouldn't exactly call that an "appearance"...

But being that Steve wasn't the guitarist originally used for all the "air guitar" parts, I doubt they used his hands. I recall Steve saying that he had to try to match up his playing to what the actors were doing on screen. Another guitarist had recorded the parts originally, and then the director decided not to use that at the very last minute of editing...

8)
slapgup

Actually the hands in B&TEA belong to Stevie Salas.
slapgup

At least the part where Rufus is shredding.
Red Hot Numbers

I thought it was a good movie, I liked the story line, and loved seeing Steve playing the devil's guitar player, My 3 year old is even stuck on guitar now, he runs around the house acting like Steve shredding on his elmo guitar ( all that he can) now he is complaining about not having strings, or a strap. Guess i got to find him a little guitar!!
TongueNGroove

Crossroads is one of the greatest movies ever made. The dialog in that movie is so memorable and so is the music (The best blues stuff I've ever heard). And Steve just made it even more memorable with his performance, musically and acting wise.

I love the look he gives Ralph when he lowers his head and kind of winks at him as he's playing. I would NOT want to duel VAI. He's a head cuttin som biatch.
chineseboy
Newcomer

this film in china is very famous . nealy all the guitar players like it
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

metrodungeon wrote:i was wondering if Steve ever appeared in any other movies besides Crossroads.
he will.. stay tuned ;)
Knightmeir

Mikey wrote:
metrodungeon wrote:i was wondering if Steve ever appeared in any other movies besides Crossroads.
he will.. stay tuned ;)
Damn you and your teasing!!!! :twisted:
davester1234

hehe, c'mon Mikey!! You can't dude that to us dude!!
:evil: :lol: :lol:
davester1234

talk about a good day fo' sho!!! :shock:

Man, I wish I had that type of day! that would be like, the best day of my entire life...a day greater than the sum of every other day combined.

Congrats Steve, if your reading. Honestly, posts like that are heartwarming, because your sucesses are so inspiring to me. It makes me remember that there are still people out there who appreciate great music from great musicians.
John

Woa! :shock: :D