tour 2009??

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
mayuka

sap wrote:My prediction :

New Album - late 2009

Supporting tour - early 2010

Please come to Texas.
I second that, I missed Steve since Sound Theories didnt come to TX. I cant wait to see Lil Stevie Vai again : )
lydian2000

Lol all that makes me want to start another thread "making a living and...making a living"....saving up for years...

thank god for DVDs, youtube and the net.

:peace
VAI05

Im already planning on putting the new tax check in the Vai account. I cannot wait for the new album & tour. It was pretty bad when we got the Happy Holidays e mail in December, Steve was talking about a 2009 tour. I was already wishing 2008 gone!!! :D :D :D
Big Bad Bill

Does Steve ever take a break from touring? It seems like he's always out on the road somewhere. It must be exhausting and being away form family and friends.....I don't think I could handle it. But I guess it is a job and he has to pay the bills.........
TheOtnip

Big Bad Bill wrote:Does Steve ever take a break from touring? It seems like he's always out on the road somewhere. It must be exhausting and being away form family and friends.....I don't think I could handle it. But I guess it is a job and he has to pay the bills.........
Steve is the pinnacle of live rock performances today! I agree it must be rough on him, but you can tell he's enjoying every second of it because he definitely knows how to show that stuff and loves interacting and feeding off the audience's energy. He's an entertainer :wink:

As for a 2009 tour, that'd be amazing! Hope they don't cut his set off at Berklee again if he choses to have it there again... :? He was upset at the end of the show and I completely understand why. To think, he graduated there, helped elevate musician's awareness of the place, and they wouldn't let him do his thing fully? They should have shown a little more respect.

Also, I'm still a little confused, is this next one separate from the first Real Illusions or is it part II?
lydian2000

yes let's all get excited now and then wait up to two years..woohoo!

:lol:

But I'm also happy to learn a new album will be out regardless.

:)

:peace
teokiatuan

asia tour please.
Instrumentalrockrocks

TheOtnip wrote: Steve is the pinnacle of live rock performances today! I agree it must be rough on him, but you can tell he's enjoying every second of it because he definitely knows how to show that stuff and loves interacting and feeding off the audience's energy. He's an entertainer :wink:
true!
I've seen quite a few shows from different artists in my life but Steve really knows how to please the people...

He also understands that the audience (after about 10 real loud songs) wants a step backwards... like a little acoustic set or a few softer songs
that is why he is a real good live performer and that is why it is worth your while to go to one of his shows every now and then
He keeps it interesting to watch, interesting to listen and overall interesting enough to stand on your legs for about 3 hours (wich is not always worth it, with other artists)

Shred On :guitar
_Josu_

In X-Mas letter It was meant that there was some possibilities of having some orchestated shows in Canary Islands...But we're in May and there's been no comments about that so I suposse that this idea is forgotten now...
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

_Josu_ wrote:In X-Mas letter It was meant that there was some possibilities of having some orchestated shows in Canary Islands...But we're in May and there's been no comments about that so I suposse that this idea is forgotten now...
Not forgotten, but unfortunately it didn't pan out.

Mikey :)
vai.com
_Josu_

Mikey wrote:
_Josu_ wrote:In X-Mas letter It was meant that there was some possibilities of having some orchestated shows in Canary Islands...But we're in May and there's been no comments about that so I suposse that this idea is forgotten now...
Not forgotten, but unfortunately it didn't pan out.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Oh, It's such a pity, that would have been great :roll: thanks for information anyway Mikey!
Jem22

Mmmm so excited for a tour! Steve's tours are indeed life changing.

I think Steve is the best entertainer I've ever had the pleasure to watch and be with... he has it down to an art. He knows what his audience wants... like he's psychic or something.
fineweather

randomnessman wrote:asia tour please.
+1 :)

Hoping solo full show tour in Japan, too!
He frequently came to Japan but didn't do it in Japan since the UZ tour...
teokiatuan

fineweather wrote:
randomnessman wrote:asia tour please.
+1 :)

Hoping solo full show tour in Japan, too!
He frequently came to Japan but didn't do it in Japan since the UZ tour...
noo -japan! haha rockstars go to japan all the time,its pretty unfair, but the fanbase is huge, though. :cry:

SE* asia!
Joona
Newcomer

I am really looking forward to a new tour. Sound Theories-tour did not hit on Finland and last time, 2005, when Stevie last time visited Finland, I didn't know about him or about his great music. I just really hope that he comes to Finland, it is just one of those few things that i would die for. Nearly all bands and artist who I like have visited Finland recently but not Steve :cry: .

Just Go For It