NEWSFLASH: Steve to perform with Tom Morello in LA 4/15

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
TheRocKsTaR777

StevieRayVai wrote:Oh yeah, I totally agree about the better camera angles. I really hope theres like a professional video of this legendary night too, a DVD doubtfully..
Yeah man..hopefully..
TheOtnip

Oh man I feel so bad for Steve during For The Love of God. They were playing it so fast and he was making those hand movements to tell the drummer to go the speed limit! I was very, very impressed when he got it all down at that tempo though. The tempo does play a very important role in the song with the pacing and the time usually used to vibrato those notes the sensitive way.
EyE

Cool to see Steve again, allthough it's in a poor videoclip. He still rocks!! btw, nice to see Steve with Tom and how about that..........Cypress Hill! That was awesome :wink:
Seraphim

lydian2000 wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock: ...That's it, I'm moving to L.A now!(I wish)
Amazing video and like you said an incredible collection of talent on stage...Steve jamming with Slash would make it worth alone(IMHO)...very very very very cool....made my day.
:D
:guitar :headbang
:peace
Thanks for the links my friends!!! This is really something for those who lives far away from that events :)
Yep, you emoticons says it all lydian2000 8)

:guitar :headbang :peace

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
Splish

TheOtnip wrote:Oh man I feel so bad for Steve during For The Love of God. They were playing it so fast and he was making those hand movements to tell the drummer to go the speed limit! I was very, very impressed when he got it all down at that tempo though. The tempo does play a very important role in the song with the pacing and the time usually used to vibrato those notes the sensitive way.
Agreed! It was as if the drummer hadn't heard the track before :?

But generally those videos were awesome! Thanks to everyone who posted on youtube :)
HeadacheBR

TheOtnip wrote:Oh man I feel so bad for Steve during For The Love of God. They were playing it so fast and he was making those hand movements to tell the drummer to go the speed limit! I was very, very impressed when he got it all down at that tempo though. The tempo does play a very important role in the song with the pacing and the time usually used to vibrato those notes the sensitive way.
Same here man... It's like as if the song didnt have any feeling at all because he didn't have much time to land on some notes, etc.

If I did not have listened to Vai before that day, I wouldn't be touched by the song at all... =\
Jem22

I still think he was able to pull it off, though. You could tell he was struggling just a bit a couple of times, but many would have just stopped and said "Look, it's too fast! I can't do it that fast" and he went on and sounded great.
Such professionalism :)
StevieRayVai

Okay, I found yet an even more amazing video. This time: Morello, Vai, Flea, Perry Farrell, Slash, Stewart Copeland, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTKhmEef ... re=related

and of course the performance of superstition...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYGM_FJU ... re=related
boswell

grisen wrote:Unfortunately, I wasn't there - but I found this video on Youtube today. Including Slash, Pete Yorn, Tom Morello and of course Steve. And the song? What else than the classic G3 all star number: Keep on rocking in the free world:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fw6xhLn03M0

Cool! Good to hear that even with all that talent on stage you can sound as bad as the kids in the garage next door! 8)
Splish

boswell wrote:
grisen wrote:Unfortunately, I wasn't there - but I found this video on Youtube today. Including Slash, Pete Yorn, Tom Morello and of course Steve. And the song? What else than the classic G3 all star number: Keep on rocking in the free world:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fw6xhLn03M0

Cool! Good to hear that even with all that talent on stage you can sound as bad as the kids in the garage next door! 8)
You must have some exceptionally tallented neighbours :?
boswell

So you think that clips sounds good??? :roll:
Splish

boswell wrote:So you think that clips sounds good??? :roll:
The quality's bad yes, but the muscianship is nothing to complain about..
boswell

sounds sloppy and unrehearsed
Splish

I'd say that it's a jam, it's not going to be perfectly together.. But hey, that's your opinion, I'm not going to knock it.