Steve Vai on radio

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
sap

I heard Erotic Nightmares on Hair Nation on serius radio the other day, does sat. radio count?
BorgAngel

Heard Satriani in the background of a tv documantary (or how u might spell that) But I only know one radio station in Holland that plays Vai that's Arrow Classic Rock like the festival Steve played 30th of june last year.
prman

I`ve heard Satch tunes many times on different sport shows on TV. They always tend to be different car races or something like that. Dunno why is that...
StevieRayVai

Does anyone listen to Nights with Alice Cooper? I remember him playing the Attitude Song last year, it was pretty cool. Alice has got a great radio show, the only show I care to listen to.
Desert_Runner

Sorry to bump a dead topic, but I heard Blowfish just now on a japanese gameshow and thought I should point out. What are the chances of that eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_m___lk44E

listen at about 1:30 in
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Co de Kloetoften plays Vai on his shows, at http://radio6.nl/ :mrgreen:
meandmrvai

The only song I have heard on the radio of his was Giant Balls of Gold but only because radio host and fellow musician Kim Mitchell played it as part of his Damn I Wish I Wrote That segment on Toronto based radio Q107.

Never heard an Eric Johnson track either, you pretty much hear Satch's Crowd Chant at every freaking sports event now though, sometimes you hear Surfin with the Alien as well.
Desert_Runner

meandmrvai wrote:you pretty much hear Satch's Crowd Chant at every freaking sports event now though, sometimes you hear Surfin with the Alien as well.
You hear Satch at sport events in Canada? That's awesome! Does he play live or is it just the recorded music?

No, I'm sure Satch personally shows up to every sports event in Canada to play Crowd Chant.
BadHorsie777

ive heard eric johnson on the radio, and some old satch...

no vai though...

i remember watching the movie "for your consideration" and satch made a good cameo apperence on some talk show in the movie.
Desert_Runner

27 wrote:No, I'm sure Satch personally shows up to every sports event in Canada to play Crowd Chant.
I wish I lived in Canada.
RAI

That looks like fun....

:lol:
cbr1000f

John 'BoBo' Bollenbergoften plays Vai on his shows. Playlists & link to the radiostation: http://www.boborocks.be/playlists.php

See also this related thread: http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23579
Ultraviolet

If i had my own radio station, it would be ALL VAI ALL THE TIME!!! I can do it now,..without the fcc stepping in,..but my range would only be like 30-40 miles. (I'd put it on a cb/station,..make my own channel dedicated to Steve, and tell all the truckers what channel it is,...)

enough dorks and geeks behind the glass in those booths,.. WE can do it for STEVE!!!,...

FOLKS!!!

If you wish,....and i don't think he would sue us because he has been quoted saying he would give anything to be able to figure out how to get his stuff on the radio,... you can purchase a LARGE cb/output antenna, put it on your home,...get a cb, and a dc/ac converter.....GRAB A 5 DISK CHANGER,....load it with Ultra Zone, the 7th Song, Alive in an Ultra World, Sound Theories, and put it on continuous play from disc to disc,...and duct tape the cb talk handle in, and rest it in front of a speaker,..but MAKE SURE not to crank up the volume so much that the sound is distorted,...and be sure not to overdrive the input cardioid on the handset. LETS GIVE HIM OUR OWN AIRTIME BECAUSE HE DESERVES IT,..and EVERYONE ELSE STINKS!!! ;) bet the truckers will love it while cruisin,..plus their hearts will be so happy it will probably help keep them awake when they are awaiting the solos!!!.....like I said,...we will dedicate our own channels from an unused one to ALL VAI ALL THE TIME so they have the option to listen if they wish,..or not. You could do it while you go to sleep,, then shut down the rig when you wake up,.. and you can do it on weekends, all day all night,.. if you are home... ;)

:)

we get around fcc complication because there are no threats or slanders,..or swears in his music.....ohhh yeahhh like no lyrics..lol

whaddya think?
brentm

Ultraviolet wrote:If i had my own radio station, it would be ALL VAI ALL THE TIME!!! I can do it now,..without the fcc stepping in,..but my range would only be like 30-40 miles. (I'd put it on a cb/station,..make my own channel dedicated to Steve, and tell all the truckers what channel it is,...)

enough dorks and geeks behind the glass in those booths,.. WE can do it for STEVE!!!,...

FOLKS!!!

If you wish,....and i don't think he would sue us because he has been quoted saying he would give anything to be able to figure out how to get his stuff on the radio,... you can purchase a LARGE cb/output antenna, put it on your home,...get a cb, and a dc/ac converter.....GRAB A 5 DISK CHANGER,....load it with Ultra Zone, the 7th Song, Alive in an Ultra World, Sound Theories, and put it on continuous play from disc to disc,...and duct tape the cb talk handle in, and rest it in front of a speaker,..but MAKE SURE not to crank up the volume so much that the sound is distorted,...and be sure not to overdrive the input cardioid on the handset. LETS GIVE HIM OUR OWN AIRTIME BECAUSE HE DESERVES IT,..and EVERYONE ELSE STINKS!!! ;) bet the truckers will love it while cruisin,..plus their hearts will be so happy it will probably help keep them awake when they are awaiting the solos!!!.....like I said,...we will dedicate our own channels from an unused one to ALL VAI ALL THE TIME so they have the option to listen if they wish,..or not. You could do it while you go to sleep,, then shut down the rig when you wake up,.. and you can do it on weekends, all day all night,.. if you are home... ;)

:)

we get around fcc complication because there are no threats or slanders,..or swears in his music.....ohhh yeahhh like no lyrics..lol

whaddya think?
I've only heard David Lee Roth on Sirius - no Vai yet, but I hope to!

This sounds like a sequel to "Pump Up the Volume" - 1990s movie