Steve Vai on radio

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
TRIDS

I was listening to my local rock station and while the guy was talking about concerts or something the animal came on in the backround as backround music. My question is if they can play his music in the backround why can't they just play regularly. If I called and requested it would they be allowed to play it?
Bryceybhoy

Dunno why they don't play Steve's music on the radio, it's soooo radio friendly!

Last year I was in a strip club (ahem, night out with the boys...) and the girl on stage was busy wringling herself round a pole on stage....and she did it all to Bad Horsie. I was well impressed.

I also remember that Howard Stern used to play Joe Satriani in the background on his radio show.

Also, one of the instructors in my gym plays Jibboom for a cycling class.

Pointless facts. But funny all the same.[/list]
VAI05

You would be surprised of the many people I know who don't get into Vai, Satriani, Beck etc just because of the the "no vocals" in the songs. That could have something to do with it. DORKS :roll: :roll: :roll:
llamahead

VAI05 wrote:You would be surprised of the many people I know who don't get into Vai, Satriani, Beck etc just because of the the "no vocals" in the songs. That could have something to do with it. DORKS :roll: :roll: :roll:
i know , i hate that, i let my mom listen to some music and she's all "where are the words?"

:?
Shredded Heat

Planet Rock in the UK (http://www.planetrock.com) play the odd Satriani track, but I've never heard them play any Vai
Jeries

i've heard cliffs of dover and summer song on the radio. never a vai song.
TheRocKsTaR777

I agree..we should petition to get vai's music on the radio..
Evai

Why should they? Vai isn't as popular as other rock bands, so they won't get as many people listening to their station.
guthriefan

Bryceybhoy wrote:Dunno why they don't play Steve's music on the radio, it's soooo radio friendly!

Last year I was in a strip club (ahem, night out with the boys...) and the girl on stage was busy wringling herself round a pole on stage....and she did it all to Bad Horsie. I was well impressed.

I also remember that Howard Stern used to play Joe Satriani in the background on his radio show.

Also, one of the instructors in my gym plays Jibboom for a cycling class.

Pointless facts. But funny all the same.[/list]

cool story with bad horsie ...it must have been funny... :lol:
Symphon

VAI05 wrote:You would be surprised of the many people I know who don't get into Vai, Satriani, Beck etc just because of the the "no vocals" in the songs. That could have something to do with it. DORKS :roll: :roll: :roll:
well then, they can play some of the tracks that have vocals.

All about Eve would be ace to hear on the radio.

Also a few years ago i was on holiday in cyprus listenin to the radio

"Napa FM" and Rescue me or Bury me came on :)
HeadacheBR

Symphon wrote: well then, they can play some of the tracks that have vocals.

All about Eve would be ace to hear on the radio.

Also a few years ago i was on holiday in cyprus listenin to the radio

"Napa FM" and Rescue me or Bury me came on :)
The only thing is that Vai lyrics are too poetic and full of meanings that most people would not like to hear on the radio...

I think Vai and many other virtuosos are not in the radio because of marketing. I mean, if it wasn't for my cousin a few years ago, I would never realized that Vai existed =\

It's not because "it has no vocal".

PS.: Didn't Metalica have a song playing on the radio a few months ago, only instrumental...?

PS2: Here in Baltimore/DC area, there is a radio that plays Surfing with the Alien on the back when the weather lady comes to talk. =)
TheRocKsTaR777

my local radio station plays satriani's summer song in the background when they're talking,etc.

I asked a friend of mine who is the supervisor there and he said they can't just play whatever they want..they play what the record companies release for mainstream listening..he says its up to the record companies and the artist.

I remember asking if they could play another song from alter bridge instead of ''rise today'',one of the songs from the album that isnt a released single,and he said they couldnt cause they could get fined,etc. He said unless they release it as a single they can't play it.

I wish we could get Steve's music on the radio!

i'll do anything to get my fix of Steve's music. :)
TheOtnip

I'd want Steve's music on the radio because I know if it was more exposed and stuff to open minded people a great majority of them would love it. Not only for increasing Steve's audience, but a good Vai song can hit the spot on
an unsuspecting heart :)
New-Clear

TheOtnip wrote:a good Vai song can hit the spot on an unsuspecting heart
that really is a very beautiful and profound statement :)
TheRocKsTaR777

Yes it is..great choice of words..