Spotted!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Bryceybhoy

I saw the car registration plate - EVO SV - driving through Glasgow the other day.

Anyone else seen a cool Vai-related regi plate?
Big Bad Bill

What sort of car was it on, Bryceybhoy?

I once saw a registration 'The Mysterious Murder of Christian Tiera's Lover'. Its the truth I tell you!
guyver_dio

Big Bad Bill wrote:What sort of car was it on, Bryceybhoy?

I once saw a registration 'The Mysterious Murder of Christian Tiera's Lover'. Its the truth I tell you!
I didn't know they made number plates wider than the car.
Bryceybhoy

Big Bad Bill wrote:What sort of car was it on, Bryceybhoy?

I was too busy trying to take a picture with phone to check. It was a gold/bronze coloured car, and it was driving past Firhill Stadium, where Partick Thistle play.

Isn't there a way we can find out how much it is worth?
Big Bad Bill

Bryceybhoy wrote:I was too busy trying to take a picture with phone to check. It was a gold/bronze coloured car, and it was driving past Firhill Stadium, where Partick Thistle play.
I'm sure it didn't belong to a Jags player-they don't earn enough to buy cars etc.
Bryceybhoy wrote:Isn't there a way we can find out how much it is worth?
I be it'd be popular for owners of the Mitsubishi EVO.
boswell

According to this and a couple of other sites the reg no doesnt exist http://consumer.traderdatasystems.co.uk ... er=2694201
Shredded Heat

Ahh, but EVO 5V does exist! And it's a bloody nice car too (Aston Martin DB9)
boswell

8)
Bryceybhoy

boswell wrote: According to this and a couple of other sites the reg no doesnt exist http://consumer.traderdatasystems.co.uk ... er=2694201
You can make sure your private registration is not available to the public, therefore people can't bid for it.

I was told last night that you have to apply for a particular registration if you want it - after that, it's up to the owner to decide if he wants to sell it.

What a cool regi though.

And yes, BBB, Thistle players take the bus. I make more money than them.
boswell

Bryceybhoy wrote:
boswell wrote: According to this and a couple of other sites the reg no doesnt exist http://consumer.traderdatasystems.co.uk ... er=2694201
You can make sure your private registration is not available to the public, therefore people can't bid for it.
that address is for checking out vehicles not if a reg no is available
Big Bad Bill

Private registration plates are just soooo chavvy though, don't you think? I bet they have coloured loo roll and creole earrings too :wink:
Bryceybhoy

Indeed, but it is still not a complete reference. That's why the help link on the right says if you can't find it, you phone that number.
Bryceybhoy

Big Bad Bill wrote:Private registration plates are just soooo chavvy though, don't you think? I bet they have coloured loo roll and creole earrings too :wink:
A bit ned-tastic yes. It's also much easier to get spotted by people, including the police. Your car is easily recognisable.
boswell

Big Bad Bill wrote:Private registration plates are just soooo chavvy though, don't you think? I bet they have coloured loo roll and creole earrings too :wink:
Gotta agree, the ones were they alter the lettering just trying so painfully hard to make it look like their name make me grin, they often have their name written underneath just so you "know who they are".

Do these people have their names sewn into their clothes and own monogram hankerchiefs.

MTV cribs is good for checking out how many items a B list Celeb has their name or initials on every item.

It must make it easier for the Police to return stolen gear though :wink:

Having said all this Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason's Ferrari 250 GTO wouldn't look the same without it's "personal plate"

[/img]
JibboominAZ
Newcomer

I have "JIBBOOM" on my plate, most people have absolutely no clue what it is. In Arizona you only have to display a rear plate but they give you two plates when you register. So I got the second plate autographed and it's hanging on my wall.