Musicians For Minneapolis

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
jem613

has anyone else been to cdbaby to hear steves track, and just got some boring country song instead?

GUTTED! :evil:
lydian2000

jem613 wrote:has anyone else been to cdbaby to hear steves track, and just got some boring country song instead?

GUTTED! :evil:

same here... :evil:
Symphon

it does sound a bit of a let down, but as you know it is for a tragedy that happened, so he wasn't going to write a song thats all widdly widdly widdly.
jem613

My point is it's not the Steve Vai tune.

There are three track 19's, his should be the last one of those, but the same tune plays for all three!
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Here's a solution: buy the album. You'll get to hear Steve's track in high quality, uncompressed CD audio, and you'll be helping a good cause.

Mikey
vai.com
TheOtnip

Hey Mikey, is this album going to be on iTunes?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

I don't believe so.

Mikey
vai.com
Symphon

Well im from the UK and didnt even know this happened... but still i like to help
Polymnie

Hi Mikey,

Are there lyrics on this new song?
And, have you an explanation on this worrying title "Without Me"?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

There aren't any lyrics.

It's really up to the listener to interpret what the song title means with regard to the song that accompanies it. :)

It's a really beautiful song.

Mikey
vai.com
litlgrnman

After three trips and a call to Best Buy I gave up and decided to order from cdbaby. Does anyone have the cd yet?
Polymnie

Not very advanced, but, thank you nevertheless Mikey. :wink:
fyrie

litlgrnman wrote:After three trips and a call to Best Buy I gave up and decided to order from cdbaby. Does anyone have the cd yet?
There was an article in the local paper about the cd and it sounded like copies were being distributed to CDBaby and some independent stores in the Minneapolis/St Paul area first. However the story also implied that it will make it's way to major chain stores very soon.

I went ahead and bought it on CD baby too. It shipped Friday, so hopefully I'll have it in a few days.
litlgrnman

fyrie wrote:There was an article in the local paper about the cd and it sounded like copies were being distributed to CDBaby and some independent stores in the Minneapolis/St Paul area first. However the story also implied that it will make it's way to major chain stores very soon.

I went ahead and bought it on CD baby too. It shipped Friday, so hopefully I'll have it in a few days.
Thanks for the info. That makes sense. I wasn't considering that the first pressing of only 5,000. If you don't request it at your local Best Buy (outside of Minnesota) there's a good chance they won't have it.

I hope the proceeds from this project help where there is a need after that tragedy.
SPACEBROTHER

I ordered it.