40 DAYS WITHOUT NEWS

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
New-Clear

Ooooh, tantalising!
PSD

Mikey wrote:Sit tight... news is coming.... ;)

We've been quiet for a reason.. we're busy working on stuff! ;)

Mikey :)
vai.com
Mikey - Satriani leaked some news at a recent clinic in NY that will make Steve's fans very happy. But in respect to you and Steve I will hold off.

Here's a clue fans: It will, it will rock you.
lydian2000

then u've said too much...cool, I thought this would never happen!! :wink:

:headbang
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Just wanted to follow up on the post above: The rumor, even though only alluded to, is false.

vai.com
lydian2000

Mikey wrote:Just wanted to follow up on the post above: The rumor, even though only alluded to, is false.

vai.com
:lol:

Anyway thank you for the info Mikey,

:D
josemanuel

I wish it was a the new double DVD Live ... :roll:
Jem22

I'm so excited!!!!!
:P
Although I do think Steve should be taking a break... he works very hard.
prman

1/3 of the year is soon gone and there`s still no news. The forum is withering also. Nothing really going on here...

(whistles to pass some time...)

No. Nothing going on yet...

(keeps on whistling... takes a look at the wrist watch...)

Bah! I better go practice something on guitar!

I'm confused. Satch leeked something that turned out to be false?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

27 wrote:I'm confused. Satch leeked something that turned out to be false?
A fan said Satch said something, but we can't be sure Satch said it. It was to do with G3, but it's not true.

Apart from that, there was news just posted about two things: Steve's YouTube page, and Crazy.

There is more news coming, but it's too early to say what it is.

When Steve is busy working on stuff it gets quiet sometimes... but that's okay. It means good things are coming. ;)

But, you'll be pleased to know that I'm here in the studio working on editing the Minneapolis DVD. Steve is working on the audio.

It's very hot in Encino. Steve is wearing a grey t-shirt. I have a hangover. I'm about to go to Starbucks. That's the news from Planet Vai right now...

vai.com
TheOtnip

Mikey wrote:
A fan said Satch said something, but we can't be sure Satch said it. It was to do with G3, but it's not true.

Apart from that, there was news just posted about two things: Steve's YouTube page, and Crazy.

When Steve is busy working on stuff it gets quiet sometimes... but that's okay. It means good things are coming. ;)

But, you'll be pleased to know that I'm here in the studio working on editing the Minneapolis DVD. Steve is working on the audio.

It's very hot in Encino. Steve is wearing a grey t-shirt. I have a hangover. I'm about to go to Starbucks. That's the news from Planet Vai right now...

vai.com
Thanks for the update Mikey, the tour was great so I'm really looking forward to this DVD.

Somewhere down the road when its cheaper Steve should get them to shoot in Hi Def and release a Blu Ray disk with the upgraded audio and picture :)

Edit: Oh yeah, will there be a commentary track? I love listening to those on the live DVD's during my second playthrough of it :wink:
Petie

Mikey wrote:It's very hot in Encino. Steve is wearing a grey t-shirt. I have a hangover. I'm about to go to Starbucks. That's the news from Planet Vai right now...
You call that an update? Quit withholding info from the fans! We demand to know what size and type of coffee. Grande? Venti? Latte? Macchiato? Perhaps a nice cup of Kopi Luwak? http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=261049

Steve should get a new Jem swirled in cream and light brown colours, with chocolate sprinkled lightly on the finish before clearcoating. The inlays on the fretboard could be the Starbucks two-tailed mermaid in her green ring of fury. And Steve could modify the slide holder from the Bad Horsie Jem to hold a cup of coffee instead.

Warning on Starbucks coffee cups:
CAUTION! The beverage you are about to enjoy is very hot. Not to be used for playing slide guitar. This means you, S Vai.
TheRocKsTaR777

Mikey wrote:

vai.com

Mikey,will the Minneapolis dvd be available on Blu-ray ? or will any other dvd material be available on Blu-ray ?
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

TheOtnip wrote:Somewhere down the road when its cheaper Steve should get them to shoot in Hi Def and release a Blu Ray disk with the upgraded audio and picture :)

Edit: Oh yeah, will there be a commentary track? I love listening to those on the live DVD's during my second playthrough of it :wink:
We shot it in high-def. A Blu-Ray disc is a very likely possibility.

Yep - there will be a commentary track, I'm sure. There always is. :)

Mikey
vai.com
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Petie wrote:You call that an update? Quit withholding info from the fans! We demand to know what size and type of coffee. Grande? Venti? Latte? Macchiato? Perhaps a nice cup of Kopi Luwak? http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=261049
Quad-shot grande latte. Always. :) Of course, that's when I'm out. When I'm home I have a whole other very involved espresso-making ritual involving a number of impressive and complicated looking devices.
Petie wrote:Steve should get a new Jem swirled in cream and light brown colours, with chocolate sprinkled lightly on the finish before clearcoating. The inlays on the fretboard could be the Starbucks two-tailed mermaid in her green ring of fury. And Steve could modify the slide holder from the Bad Horsie Jem to hold a cup of coffee instead.

Warning on Starbucks coffee cups:
CAUTION! The beverage you are about to enjoy is very hot. Not to be used for playing slide guitar. This means you, S Vai.
LOL! How did you know about me calling it the two-tailed mermaid and her green ring of fury? It's like you've been living on the tour bus with us!

Thanks for the chuckle!

vai.com
Last edited by Mikey on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.