40 DAYS WITHOUT NEWS

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
josemanuel

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:[/b]
Last edited by josemanuel on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

That's because there isn't any news right now. Except that Steve is heading to Japan for the Zappa Plays Zappa tour.

But we sent out a big note from Steve about the stuff you can expect in the coming year, along with a Christmas card, just before Christmas.. maybe you missed that...

Would you like me to make some news up? ;)

Mikey
vai.com
Stephen Brown

Mikey wrote:
Would you like me to make some news up? ;)

Mikey
vai.com
Why not. :D
Surfingalien

LOL. This aint the Britney Spears site;)
RAI

Surfingalien wrote:LOL. This aint the Britney Spears site;)
Are you kidding me????
Sh*t, ten years later, and now you tell me......

:?
josemanuel

I'm sorry, I am impatient to have new material... :D
a photo from lorca:
777lovein

cool pic thanks. you got more of them?
josemanuel

yes, this is in barcelona two days before lorca:
josemanuel

another one in lorca with mekey too:
pauldlr

Hey, josemanuel, from the look of that photo of lorca you must have been standing right next to me. :D
Awsome gig, awsome venue aye, hope he plays there again.
Hakky

Grats to Mikey for keeping our hopes (and the site) alive within half an hour of us whining for some shizzle... =P

Hehe I'll try to "Make some news up" for us...

Los Angeles Mimes - January 18, 2008
It is reported that Steve Vai has been consulting with Santa Barbara yoga guru Clairence Visage after completion of his 2007 tour dates. Additional sources suggest Steve is expanding his linguifacial connotations and cerebridactyl permutations at a secluded ranch belonging to "the Viz", thought to be somewhere in the hills between Montecito and Carpinteria.

Many (professionals) in LA regularly offer cosmetic and existential alterations, yet cannot guarantee successful results. The elusive Viz' practice is far from 'regular' and includes such techniques as progressive relaxation, transcendental mindmapping and harmonius soul-tapping. It has also been reported that Viz' rare (anti-senescent) practice of geologic homeostasis resulted in the creative and often sarcastic juices of Frank Zappa and his gems like Help I'm a Rock.

It is thought that in the last year Vai has elevated his technique and longevity through intervention by the Viz.
An anonymous US Postal Worker (and Zappa/Vai fan) reports:
"With respect and privacy to our citizens, I can say that last week in the upper hills of 93103 and 93013 I heard some really strange noises. At first I thought it was my inner-voice singing, but then I remembered I never use it at work.
Anyway, I heard this faint music, it was eery at first, and yet it immediately made me think of Dupree's Paradise. The weird thing was that as soon as it would get louder, I'd feel intriguingly comforted and then it would suddenly disappear. I swear for the whole morning of my shift I heard this crazy intermittent medley of riffs, melodies and swoons. They were unlike anything I had ever heard before.

At one point I thought I heard perfectly pitched atonal chords being traumatized all over the place by a whammy bar and pedal! Man, not once did it go out of tune! I also heard this Bad Horsie divebomb that was about twice as long as the one near the end of "Frank" from UltraZone. Can you say freakout? I thought was having an F-flat/E-sharp epiphany, or going crazy, so I phoned my friend Harry who lives in Vancouver now.

We talked, I calmed down, he believed me and said, "Oh ya dude, you never heard of it? That's the Viz' ranch. You dont hear much about it these days. It's like everyone just seems to outsource their prescription while going to the tanning salon next to the botox clinic, just down the road from Capitol Records, if ya catch my drift...I'm stoked to hear from ya though because it means something must be up!"

If this story can be believed, it looks like 2008 may yet have some surprises in store from Mr. Vai. A new ultra-guitar? An ethereal fan? Another enigmatic episode of Drake Mason as influenced by Clairence Visage?

What remains to be seen is just how raw, exploratory and expressive the communique is. If past toured examples of sight and sound are any indication, Vai fans can expect a prophetic and tantalizing display. Illuminated wardrobes, aerodynamic fans and the psycho-sonic wizardry emanated from Steve Vai's entire body are similar to, yet distant from, the norm that is Hollywood show biz. All this thanks to Vai and a visit to 'the Viz'.

source: TUZ
KeithH

Would you like me to make some news up?

ha ha ha, thats him told
josemanuel

:oops: ....mmmm...... :cry: :cry:
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Sit tight... news is coming.... ;)

We've been quiet for a reason.. we're busy working on stuff! ;)

Mikey :)
vai.com
josemanuel

8)