Do vais kids play guitar hero?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
h100

thatd be funny if they did
applesteam

yeah, it would be like the south park where where stan and kyle are worshipped like gods for being really good at guitar hero, while randy marsh who can play the songs from guitar hereo on a real guitar is made fun of.
SoundCurrents32

They do play it!

At the Birmingham EVO last year, someone asked "How good are your kids at the guitar?"

He replied: "My kids don't play guitar. They play guitar hero."

So yeah, they do! :P Classic! :D
StevieRayVai

Yeah, I heard neither of them actually play guitar.
teokiatuan

StevieRayVai wrote:Yeah, I heard neither of them actually play guitar.

man what a waste of genes.
StevieRayVai

randomnessman wrote:
StevieRayVai wrote:Yeah, I heard neither of them actually play guitar.

man what a waste of genes.
I know, right? Not only that, they would have the best teacher in the world!
applesteam

Yeah, but they'd also have to live in his shadow and be constantly compared to him which they probably wouldn't want.
calos

Hey come on guys, Steve casts a huge shadow as a musician; I'd feel pretty put off trying to live upto him as a son etc, besides maybe his children have other talents that we don't know about.
Sure Dweziel followed on, and is doing great, but that's not gonna happen every time, music skipped a generation in my familey for example.

Besides I'm pretty sure that Steves familey and such is pretty much out-of-bounds here on the forums, perhaps as a good father he wants them to simpley be children and to grow up as normaly as possible, I don't feel it's any of my buisness at least.

Maybe one day his grand children will do something, or maybe his kids are performing music right now that we don't hear about and probabley shouldn't.

peace
cal
StevieRayVai

calos wrote:Hey come on guys, Steve casts a huge shadow as a musician; I'd feel pretty put off trying to live upto him as a son etc, besides maybe his children have other talents that we don't know about.
Sure Dweziel followed on, and is doing great, but that's not gonna happen every time, music skipped a generation in my familey for example.

Besides I'm pretty sure that Steves familey and such is pretty much out-of-bounds here on the forums, perhaps as a good father he wants them to simpley be children and to grow up as normaly as possible, I don't feel it's any of my buisness at least.

Maybe one day his grand children will do something, or maybe his kids are performing music right now that we don't hear about and probabley shouldn't.

peace
cal
I bet your father was an English teacher and you dont want to live in his shadow. :wink:
calos

StevieRayVai wrote:
calos wrote:Hey come on guys, Steve casts a huge shadow as a musician; I'd feel pretty put off trying to live upto him as a son etc, besides maybe his children have other talents that we don't know about.

peace
cal
I bet your father was an English teacher and you dont want to live in his shadow. :wink:
lol
Nah I'm mildley dyslexic, but after nearly 40 years you learn to laugh about it.

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac....?
Spent all night wondering if there really is a dog.

peace
cal
llamahead

calos wrote:
StevieRayVai wrote:

peace
cal
lol
Nah I'm mildley dyslexic, but after nearly 40 years you learn to laugh about it.

Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic insomniac....?
Spent all night wondering if there really is a dog.

peace
cal
hahahaaa!!! that took me a couple reads to understand!! :lol:

it is sad that they don't play guitar cuz not only will they have access to any guitar and any equipment. but more importantly the best teacher in the world (which was mentioned before, thanks StevieRayVai) :wink:
jam-man

Someone mentioned music skills skipping a generation...that's true...my folks can't even make a whistle make a sound...and I'm like...amazing :P :lol:

But I really don't like guitar hero...it might be fun, but it might be too much fun!

Children used to play football or basketball on school playgrounds...these days they play FIFA or PES, or NBA Live...

And someone put a link to a Southpark episode...I fear of that episode becoming true...it might happen if you think about it...
h100

haha thats never gonna happen

all my friends play guitar hero n rockband

they all understand how lame it looks

but ive played it it is fun
theriddler14

well it's said genes sometimes skip a generation, so there's still hope :wink: