This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
- Posts: 588
- Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:44 am
According to this site http://www.imhotep.no/?did=9072783
Steve has picked
- Tom Waits - Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards
- The White Stripes - Icky Thump
- Devin Townsend - Ziltoid The Omniscient
as the best albums of 2007.
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:27 am
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:50 pm
- Location: Somewhere But Not Here, California
I definitely agree with Ziltoid. Man, that album is amazing.
-Ziltoid the Omniscient
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:32 am
- Location: Wicklow,Ireland
I definitely agree with him on the Tom waits. That's one mother of a collection of great songs.
I'm surprised to hear that he likes the white stripes.
- Posts: 201
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:27 am
- Location: UK
I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that Steve likes The White Stripes, because I like them, and I thought Icky Thump was a really good album!
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 3:29 am
Ziltoid is fantastic... It reminds me of a heavy as hell Space Opera... Kinda like a crushing metal version of Queens Flash Gordan soundtrack...
"Foul, they hide thier finest bean!"
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:03 pm
prman wrote:Tom Waits - Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards
Seriously, what a collection of music! Anyone who has a working pair of ears should own this. Fabulous.
- Posts: 220
- Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:03 pm
- Location: out through the night & the whisperin' breezes
What - no 'Sound Theories'?
- Posts: 127
- Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:41 pm
- Location: new york
and no Systematic Chaos ??
- Posts: 413
- Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:24 pm
- Location: rio rancho, new mexico
united abominations?. . . . . no?
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:25 pm
- Location: Hamilton, Ontario Canada
It is great to see the White Stripes on his list, i was in awe when I first heard the album. It was so fresh and different which opposed to some of the shit heard on the radio these days. And it just goes to show that being a big time shred master has nothing to do with writing a good song.