Steve's "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!"-mail (Dec 18th, 2007)

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
cbr1000f

Steve's "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!"-mail (Dec 18th, 2007)

Wow, I just read Steve's mail.
What a fantastic VAI-year 2008 will be!!!

"...And if you're interested in what's going on this year, following are some of the things on the agenda. Of course it can all change at the drop of an E-string...
1. At some point this year we will be making the followings videos available for download through iTunes & other digital distribution stores.
a. Alien Love Secrets DVD
b. Select tracks from Live at the Astoria
c. The original promotional videos for:
i. "For the Love of God"
ii. "I Would Love To"
iii. "The Audience Is Listening"
iv. "Down Deep Into The Pain"
v. "In My Dreams With You"
2. The release of the new signature Jemini distortion pedal from Ibanez.
3. The completion and distribution via internet sites and perhaps retail of Archives Vol. 5 - Gold from the Vault.
I'm very excited about this CD. It will have songs on it that were once available as Vai-tunes downloads, along with a handful of never heard tracks that have been sitting on the shelf in the vault that never made it to records from the past. You may find some nuggets on here...
4. The digital availability of "Naked Tracks" (Tracks from the catalog without the lead guitar) for those who might like to play along.
5. "Music As Art - For The Love of God." Similar to what was offered in the past with "The God Eaters", this will be nicely framed lithographs of the hand written lead sheet to the first two pages of "For The Love of God".
6. The contribution of a guitar track to Jason Becker's new solo record.
7. The Real Illusions: Reflections transcription folio through Hal Leonard.
8. Perhaps the announcement of a new Legacy amp with Carvin.
9. The completion and availability of the 6th installment to The Secret Jewel Box: Panic Jungle Alcatrazz Live
10. The arrangement and recording of "The Blossom Suite" that was originally written for myself and classical guitarist extraordinaire, Sharon Isbin. To be released on her solo record through Sony.
11. The editing and release of a DVD with the String Theories band from a performance in Minneapolis during the 2007 tour.
12. We are looking at the possibility of two orchestral performances with Orchestras in the Canary Islands of pieces from Sound Theories Vol. 1 & 2.
Clearing the boards for a new studio recording...

World tour, visiting your very backyard. See you there!
Geez, I get dizzy just writing it down.
Stay tuned to vai.com for updates on these things. They can all change and perhaps I'll just go to Tahiti for a few months. Well... maybe just a week."
tmwc

certainly looks good!
I highly doubt we will get all of that list...but just half would be great!

Looking forward to the Music as Art and Archives 5 in particular!
samuel

I hope he comes to Australia in 2009 as part of the world tour.
Splish

Don't know about anyone else, but that has made me excited :D
holzwurm

Splish wrote:Don't know about anyone else, but that has made me excited :D
Me, Me !! :D
Mr Clark

ehm.. aren't these already available for free on vai.com?
c. The original promotional videos for:
i. "For the Love of God"
ii. "I Would Love To"
iii. "The Audience Is Listening"
iv. "Down Deep Into The Pain"
v. "In My Dreams With You"
Mr.crapo

mmmmmm, that sounds great ! :D i am also thinking not all of these will go out but only half of it would be enough :wink: And Steve working with Jason Becker is a lovely news to me :)
call_of_ktulu

i love u steve
sap

Steve, the next time you tour please grace your presence in the south. Perferably Texas, more like Houston. :lol:
TheOtnip

Haha, of course, I just bought one of the two channel Legacys :lol:

Oh well, pretty cool news on the Vai front. Looking forward to the Sound Theories DVD and the 2009 world tour!
Prezidentman

That's some good stuff!....I just wish he would slip that "Alien Love Secrets on steroids" somewhere in there :wink: That'd be killer....and of course releasing some of those old video concerts, like from the S&R tour, but I know I may as well dream on, right? :lol:
bob mac

I,ll be happy with the String Theories DVD of this year's tour and the Archives Vol.5-Gold from the Vault C.D................... :D
R1FSR

Looks like its going to be a killer year for us Vai fans ..Many thanks Steve.
notavirtuoso

Steve isn't the type of guy you call a slacker by any means. Looks like a great year ahead.

Hey Steve!

I just read, with delight, your holiday season email newsletter with all the fabulous things you have lined up for the coming year. You ROCK! What an awesome list....especially the possibility of more orchestral performances, and the release of a new DVD!

Have a wonderful christmas and new year Wink

Simon