"Crazy" movie & the need for more archives

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
sword

On the Vai Tour Blog, what film is Steve referring to when he mentions doing the soundtrack for "Crazy" under the title "Mastering"? Speaking of soundtracks, I noticed while reading the jacket to The Elusive Light & Sound the other day that Steve mentioned recording a whole slew of music in relation to "Love Blood" (one of my all time favorite Vai songs--that solo ROCKS!!!). One question: It's been 6 years give or take a few, where is this music? How about releasing another archive CD with this music and other soundtrack music we've not experienced since Elusive...?

And while I'm on the subject, how about releasing another around the world CD similar to Alive in An Ultra World (possibly my favorite Vai album). I'm ready for some more cultural music with a Vai twist. I would also like to see or at least hear of Steve performing some of the music from Alive... Especially "Burning Rain," "Black Forest," "Iberian Jewel," and "Principessa."

Don't get me wrong, I know that Alive... is where we got "Giant Balls of Gold," "Whispering A Prayer," and "Brandos Costumes (Gentle Ways)," and I'm glad for those awesome songs, but don't forget the others as well, Mr. Vai.

Also, out of dire curiosity, I'm wondering: If Steve did do another around the world album, what would the song for America sound like?

Just some things to think about...

(¯`·._.·†§wo®Ð†·._.·´¯)
EyE

sword wrote:On the Vai Tour Blog, what film is Steve referring to when he mentions doing the soundtrack for "Crazy" under the title "Mastering"?

Steve is the Executive Producer of the movie "Crazy". The movie is about Hank Garland and Steve plays the part of Hank Williams in that movie.

btw, Tony Macalpine plays the part of Wes Montgomery

Zeds.Ded

what the hell? whats this all about
Breeder

Zeds.Ded wrote:what the hell? whats this all about
yea,what the hell?? :lol: :lol:

Why do I hear about this for the first time? :lol: :lol:
fineweather

EyE wrote: Steve is the Executive Producer of the movie "Crazy". The movie is about Hank Garland and Steve plays the part of Hank Williams in that movie.
Woow, Hank Williams is my first favorite country music star! "Long Gone Lonesome Blues", "Honky Tonk Blues", "I Saw The Light", "Wedding Bells" etc...how cool...! 8)
EyE

Breeder wrote:
Zeds.Ded wrote:what the hell? whats this all about
yea,what the hell?? :lol: :lol:

Why do I hear about this for the first time? :lol: :lol:
Well, this isn't the first time it's been discussed. Infact, if you do a search right here on the forum I'm sure you will find some threads about this upcoming movie.
Inga7
Newcomer

I,ve found this site:
http://www.crazy-themovie.com/index.html

Seems to be interesting:)
cbr1000f

EyE wrote:
Well, this isn't the first time it's been discussed. Infact, if you do a search right here on the forum I'm sure you will find some threads about this upcoming movie.
Exactly, the best thing is to do a forum search on "Garland", a search on "crazy" will give you a too extensive list :wink:
Zongadude

This is soooooo excellent !

Thanks for the exciting news and pictures :)
sunai

this really made my day!!!!
Ekim

Is this movie waiting for a studio to distribute it or what? No real news on that site.

The trailer looks great. I'm coming to like independent films more and more. I hope it comes out and doesn't sit for years on the shelf.
llamahead

i see Stevie as the executive producer but not as Hank williams

and do i see Tony anywhere :?
cbr1000f

Short videosurvey by Hollywood Live.
Steve's in it twice (once being interviewed and once playing together with Steve Lukather) :)
"Ali Larter at "Crazy" Wrap Party
Celebrations went underway for the wrap of "Crazy," a movie about legendary guitar player, Hank Garland."

http://www.livevideo.com/video/Hollywoo ... p-par.aspx
TheOtnip

cbr1000f wrote:Short videosurvey by Hollywood Live.
Steve's in it twice (once being interviewed and once playing together with Steve Lukather) :)
"Ali Larter at "Crazy" Wrap Party
Celebrations went underway for the wrap of "Crazy," a movie about legendary guitar player, Hank Garland."

http://www.livevideo.com/video/Hollywoo ... p-par.aspx
Steve's so right, the guitar is the best instrument in the world :wink:
_Josu_

But this movie has been already released? I want to watch It!