Steve I'd like to say "thanks" for a certain song.

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Lucky

'Brandos Costumes (Gentle Ways)'...My GOD brother, that song goes straight to my heart and through my soul like no other.
jemgirl

so true lucky!!
like many of steve`s songs...they hit my soul to the bottom.
i also wanna say......thank you so much steve,for making my heart sing!!!
slash89

I get that feeling from quite a few of Steve's songs. Maybe most of all from The Silent Within. Those meaningful lyrics are the work of a genius and the melody and solo are so, so, so good!
Leanne_777

slash89 wrote:I get that feeling from quite a few of Steve's songs. Maybe most of all from The Silent Within. Those meaningful lyrics are the work of a genius and the melody and solo are so, so, so good!
Ooh, me too. I always thought that was a really underrated song.
slash89

Leanne_777 wrote:
slash89 wrote:I get that feeling from quite a few of Steve's songs. Maybe most of all from The Silent Within. Those meaningful lyrics are the work of a genius and the melody and solo are so, so, so good!
Glad to hear that others appreciate it as much as I do. One can really tell that Steve put his heart and soul into this song. Not that he doesn't do that with the other songs, just that it shows really well here. :)
Breeder

slash89 wrote:
Leanne_777 wrote:
Glad to hear that others appreciate it as much as I do. One can really tell that Steve put his heart and soul into this song. Not that he doesn't do that with the other songs, just that it shows really well here. :)
It is definitely not underrated!
One of my best of vai!
leigh01

Silent within, Brandos costumes (gentle ways)
Under it all and Brother are the ones that really whack me hard in the heart.
Incredible stuff.
CanCan

Isn't that the song for Portugal?

It's awesome.
Lucky

CanCan wrote:Isn't that the song for Portugal?

It's awesome.
Yep. 8)
mr_vai777

one of the best songs steve has written. the recording on the new album is my fave version, i love how he uses the orchestra in it.
menthor
Newcomer

for me most steve's songs are very insipring... they bring peace to my soul and make me feel great... this is what music should do...
true genius... i can't wait to see him live... heh... i've missed my chance when he had a gig about 200km from where i live
if he'll ever go to budapest or wienna again i'll surely go and see him
FireComa

I like the "Sound Theories" version of this song best.