Steve Vai "The CD-ROM(s)"??

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Seraphim

#16 Post by Seraphim » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:03 pm

laficojr wrote:Yeah, that would be great! But hey, Steve said once that he produced the ALS video for the Hal Leonard guys, 'cause They were doing the transcriptions of the ALS album.
So maybe this instructional video became the ALS Video..
Well, thats MY point of view, of course.
Hey, after 7 month of absence you back Marco!!! :P Welcome back!!!
Good point of view but I think that Steve's words say it all:

"The CD-ROM will take you step by step how to read music, compose and orchestrate for most ensembles, but, most of all, it will be a gas."

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:

laficojr

#17 Post by laficojr » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:14 am

Seraphim wrote:
laficojr wrote:Yeah, that would be great! But hey, Steve said once that he produced the ALS video for the Hal Leonard guys, 'cause They were doing the transcriptions of the ALS album.
Hey, after 7 month of absence you back Marco!!! :P Welcome back!!!
Good point of view but I think that Steve's words say it all:

"The CD-ROM will take you step by step how to read music, compose and orchestrate for most ensembles, but, most of all, it will be a gas."

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:

Hey Seraphim!! Nice to see you here buddy.. !! :D I'm back!

Nice quote from steve btw, but after all, what happened to this project?

Big Bad Bill

#18 Post by Big Bad Bill » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:32 am

Can you imagine the monumental amount of work involved in doing these CD-ROMs (surely DVD or even Blu-Ray by now) to Steve's usual high standards? I should imagine Steve would have to forsake all touring, album producing, public appearences etc for years to do this and all for only a proportion of his fan base. Not all Vai fans play guitar after all. The Box Set has all but gound to a halt and that was far less ambitious than a set of instructional CD-ROMs. Maybe this could be a retirement project, although I can't imagine Steve'd ever retire.

I think we can safely assume this is never going to happen. But like they say-never say never. :wink:

slash89

#19 Post by slash89 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:54 am

laficojr wrote:
slash89 wrote:Mikey, can you please shed some light on this. Is there a slight chance we might see an instructional release from Steve in the (near) future?

Yeah, that would be great! But hey, Steve said once that he produced the ALS video for the Hal Leonard guys, 'cause They were doing the transcriptions of the ALS album.

*Sorry for my terrible english guys
The ALS dvd is many things, but an instructional video is not one of them. It can't be called that since it contains music videos, and not Steve sitting down explaining the techniques and fingerings used etc. The music is the exact same as on the record :wink:

Stephen Brown

#20 Post by Stephen Brown » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:29 pm

I'm working on 2 CD-ROMs. The main one is an educational guitar CD-ROM. I've never done educational videos in the past because I always thought they were somewhat stale and lackluster. But, with the advent of interactivity, I've found the means to display every guitar secret I know on the instrument. The CD-ROM will focus on a player's individuality on the instrument, learning how to indentify with it and develop it through a series of exercises that challenge the player to really delve into the imagination. You can be a complete beginner or an expert and I believe you'll find this to be inspiring. If all you want to do is learn to play the guitar, it can take you through that. If you want to learn how to be a completely educated musical person, it will go through myriads of theory and ear training.

I hope that comes out one day.