Steve Vai "The CD-ROM(s)"??

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
slash89

Steve Vai "The CD-ROM(s)"??

#1 Post by slash89 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:15 pm

Hey! Whatever happened to this?
The CD-ROM(s)

I'm working on 2 CD-ROMs. The main one is an educational guitar CD-ROM. I've never done educational videos in the past because I always thought they were somewhat stale and lackluster. But, with the advent of interactivity, I've found the means to display every guitar secret I know on the instrument. The CD-ROM will focus on a player's individuality on the instrument, learning how to indentify with it and develop it through a series of exercises that challenge the player to really delve into the imagination. You can be a complete beginner or an expert and I believe you'll find this to be inspiring. If all you want to do is learn to play the guitar, it can take you through that. If you want to learn how to be a completely educated musical person, it will go through myriads of theory and ear training.

The CD-ROM will take you step by step how to read music, compose and orchestrate for most ensembles, but, most of all, it will be a gas. It's still in the prototype stages and is being written in a very powerful, yet complex computer language.

The second CD-ROM I'm working on is sort of a folio for Alien Love Secrets. It has all of the video footage I shot for the Alien Love Secrets video that's available now. It will have the tabulature so you can play along with the music and the ability to loop certain sections of the music to listen to it or to play over it. It will also give the option to play your guitar, or any instrument, against the naked tracks of the Alien Love Secrets album. That is the tracks without the lead guitar on them.

I know I've mentioned the CD-ROMs before and it's not yet available. Sorry, I know, I know, most people's dreams are bigger than their watches. I'm sorry folks. It's just that these things take so much time ya know!

The real reason for the delay is that it is so special that it's taking a team of scientists to amalgamate all my brilliant concepts into one CD-ROM. Yeah, that's it.
Check out this link: http://web.archive.org/web/199611190725 ... sician.htm
It is under the In The Works section.

Please release it Mr. Vai :)

Cliff-Burton
Newcomer

#2 Post by Cliff-Burton » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:32 pm

Those cd-rom's would be absolutely awsome !!!
I really hope that after this tour we can get some more insite on this.

Go Steve !!! Release that $&&?%&?

Svelt Pen

#3 Post by Svelt Pen » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:38 pm

Considering that that's all outdated info from 1995, I wouldn't get your hopes up...

ThePhilosopher9292
Newcomer

#4 Post by ThePhilosopher9292 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:52 pm

It's sounds preety awsome ,I hope it does get released

another virtuoso

#5 Post by another virtuoso » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:56 pm

Svelt Pen wrote:Considering that that's all outdated info from 1995, I wouldn't get your hopes up...
aye aye, cap'n.

amanvai

#6 Post by amanvai » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:28 pm

Too bad, eh?

Svelt Pen

#7 Post by Svelt Pen » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:36 pm

Hmmmmm....this has got me thinking...maybe the EVO surprise is that the Real Illusions DVD will come with a companion instructional DVD from Steve, and maybe that's why it's been over 2 years in the making... :?:

NOT!!!

#8 Post by NOT!!! » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:17 pm

yes, other people pay for the EVO Premium and I get the surprise...that´s propably it!

But this would be awesome stuff!

frenchfred

#9 Post by frenchfred » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:19 am

it was the "guitar extravaganza" project, i think :wink:

davidparis

#10 Post by davidparis » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:18 pm

twould be amazinggg

lydian2000

#11 Post by lydian2000 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:33 pm

Guyz, we're in 2007..get a grip.

NOT!!!

#12 Post by NOT!!! » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:52 pm

lydian2000 wrote:Guyz, we're in 2007..get a grip.
anyway, maybe he just didn´t finish!

Getting all the stuff on tape will propably be the least work. But writing all the stuff is a lot of work.

But it´s not gonna be the EVO secret (which other people paid for and I did not...)

slash89

#13 Post by slash89 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:10 pm

Mikey, can you please shed some light on this. Is there a slight chance we might see an instructional release from Steve in the (near) future?

laficojr

#14 Post by laficojr » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:30 am

slash89 wrote:Mikey, can you please shed some light on this. Is there a slight chance we might see an instructional release from Steve in the (near) future?

Yeah, that would be great! But hey, Steve said once that he produced the ALS video for the Hal Leonard guys, 'cause They were doing the transcriptions of the ALS album.
So maybe this instructional video became the ALS Video..
Well, thats MY point of view, of course.

*Sorry for my terrible english guys

Masi

#15 Post by Masi » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:49 pm

Over the years Steve has shared many prospective projects to come "in the future", which for some reason or the other have not yet come out. I think it's partly him being so enthusiastic about his work and willing to let the people who are intrested in it to get the word from the get go and partly because he's the consumate perfectionist, that he would not settle for something that did'nt meet his expectations.

I would'nt wait for the cd-roms all that much...
(...there's probably a very thin hope for "PAW-The Novel", to see the light of day as well...)

Let's just enjoy the stuff he actually puts out and enjoy the quality of that.
I mean, daydreaming is great, but nothing we do will bring these things any closer to fruition...thonking about things that may never be takes away time from enjoying what is.