Has Steve ever done this song live....

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

I'd rather see him do something new. ;)

Mikey
vai.com
Petie

Mikey wrote:I'd rather see him do something new. ;)

Mikey
vai.com
Then tell him to get the next Real Illusions album out already!!! ;)
Jim_Jem777
Newcomer

You can't blame us Mikey - it's only human nature to be nostalgic about the most moving, significant and inspiring moments in our lives - listening to P&W for the first time and seeing Steve in that great era of The Rock Gods is definitely something to celebrate! And just because you celebrate the past, doesn't mean you're living in it!

BTW - does anyone remember Steve talking about a DVD several years ago that was to include lots of bit and pieces - e.g. interviews, one-off performances (I guess Letterman appearance, Expo 92, Hoshino 90th Anniversary show etc) etc etc. Any chance of this seeing light of day?? Or coud they be released through VaiTunes?? (assuming negotiation of rights could be sorted).
Natural Born Boy

Never heard about it but it will be very cool.

What do u think about playing live songs like :

-Lucky Charms (!)
-WipeOut 2000
-Speeding
-...and Warm Regards...
Seraphim

Natural Born Boy wrote:Lucky Charms (!)
Lucky that I have saw this song played live in Paris this tour :P

About Warm Regards... It's REALLY one of my favorites songs!!! I hope seeing that song played live!!! That is gonna be a dream comes true!!!

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
Natural Born Boy

Lucky Charms performed in Paris??!! Can't be... I attend the show at Rome and Vai didn't play it...sigh...good for you Seraphim!

I'm curious to see a live version of Christmas Time Is Here also...maybe for a Christmas concert eheh...
and yeah...it will be a dream come true if Vai performs Warm Regards...
Zongadude

Jim_Jem777 wrote: Voodoo Acid
The Riddle
"Voodoo acid" was performed live during the Ultra Zone tour. (I heard it in Strasbourg, Fr). And yes the live version was fantastic, because Steve can be such a funny actor when he's in the mood. So while playing this crazy song he told us little stories based on what the song is about, and played a lot with his voice modified electronically to make it sound like the voice of the Giant Queen Bee or something.... Great.

An early version of "The riddle" was performed in the early years with the band 777, but under a different name I guess.

And "Lucky charms" was also played in Luxembourg 1,5 month ago this year. (very cool version with the two violins, by the way).

(And I remember "Call it sleep" from the Sex&Religion show I saw in 93. It was wonderful.)
Vaism

why the hell would "voodoo acid" be a good song to play live? lol. there are SO many better songs on that album...and by that i mean every single song on ultra zone is better.
Jim_Jem777
Newcomer

well, well... but isn't that the great thing about art!? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I for one would like to see Voodoo Acid live.

'Here I am' is a great track from Ultra Zone to open a show - I assume he already did that on the Ultra Zone tour?

What about opening a show with the first part of 'Butler's Bag' from Crossroads?!! That would really get the crowd going!

One question I have about live performances - why an earth wasn't the full version of I Know You're Here (i.e. DVD version) including on the CD version? Big shame as the instrumental part of that track is stunning (and I don't believe the argument that there wasn't room on the CD!)!
litlgrnman

Natural Born Boy wrote:I'm curious to see a live version of Christmas Time Is Here also...maybe for a Christmas concert eheh...
and yeah...it will be a dream come true if Vai performs Warm Regards...
Had the privelege of witnessing Christmas Time back on the Fire Garden tour(12/3/96)! Wow... :shock: I agree with you wholeheartedly about Warm Regards. That's on my short wish list with Frank and The Boy From Seattle.
FireComa

"The Boy From Seattle"

Highly underrated. This is easily my favorite Vai song ("Fire Garden Suite" held that title for the longest time.) This song rocks, this is one of the most uniqe things Steve has ever done.

Also great would be:

"Blowfish"
"Dying For Your Love"
"Under it All"
"I Would Love To" (LOVE THAT SONG)
Vaism

yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder...that being said, there is nothing good about the song Voodoo acid. There are about 30 seconds of quality audio on that track :lol:
-yasi-

Seraphim wrote:
Natural Born Boy wrote:Lucky Charms (!)
Lucky that I have saw this song played live in Paris this tour :P

About Warm Regards... It's REALLY one of my favorites songs!!! I hope seeing that song played live!!! That is gonna be a dream comes true!!!

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
damd, did he really play it?? i was on 2 concerts and he never played it :shock: