Total A**hole put his meet and greet pass on ebay

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
miker

#46 Post by miker » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:30 pm

You people amaze me. My response was to a statement that having ethics makes you broke. I guess you agree with that.

This thread is very enlightening. In a very sad, and disappointing way.

Read whatever you like and interpret it in your own selfish manner. Ignore the comments on the pass, they don't mean anything.

Aleister Crowley would be proud of you.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Blessed be.

I'm done with this thread 'cuz it's just fucking depressing.

Moderator7VWH

#47 Post by Moderator7VWH » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:40 pm

Ok, settle down.

Mikey has been very clear on this issue. Don't sell the pass or it will be void.

Moderator7vwh

ZappaIrl

#48 Post by ZappaIrl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:56 am

i cant see how the aftershow passes can be policed.

if its going to use credit card names, i coulda gotta a loan of great gran uncles card to buy it, or he could have bought it for me.

or i could have won it on a radio station that was giving out a free copy to one lucky fan, i wouldnt know who bought it then.

i could have been given the digipack as one gift in 50 for my birthday, and i wouldnt know who was the person to have bought it, or at least who's credit card bought it.

plus, if i bought the package, and was unhappy with it..... i have the right to sell the whole thing as a package, to someone who would want it.

i'm not saying that this should be done, but i dont think youre morally bankrupt, or an "a**hole" for wanting to sell the package. ive seen threads locked in seconds for less stupid stuff.

it's the over reaction that gets me annoyed.

Angry Chair

#49 Post by Angry Chair » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:52 am

Someone please lock this thread as it's totally pointless now.

If someone wants to sell it, let them. If someone wants to buy it, again, let them. There's no way it can be policed unless personal details are on the pass....

I'd love to hear what Steve's thoughts are on this. I bet when he created the idea of this promotion he wanted as many fans as possible the chance to say 'hi' backstage. Selling it on if they can't go sounds a better idea than having it collect dust in someone's sock drawer.

I think just coz it's a Vai ticket it's been blown out of all proportion as I think some fans take it a bit too personally (for some reason) when they see anything of Steve's being sold.....

I sold my London Masterclass tickets coz I couldn't go. I don't feel any shame in this........

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#50 Post by Mikey » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:00 pm

We certainly won't be doing something like this again.

Thread locked.

Mikey
vai.com