Total A**hole put his meet and greet pass on ebay

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Jeries

Total A**hole put his meet and greet pass on ebay

#1 Post by Jeries » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:41 am

<snip>

No point in promoting this by providing a link...

Axemadman

#2 Post by Axemadman » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:45 am

But he's selling the whole package - not just the pass? I'm not sure if I agree with you. If he was only selling the pass - yes you're right.

Jury is still out at the moment.

Jeries

#3 Post by Jeries » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:56 am

well...the bottom line is..he was lucky enough to receive one and he's trying to exploit a fellow Vai fan for money, and he knows there are some that would pay a lot for the pass (although you could just order 4 CD's lol)

and regardless it clearly states on the pass it cant be sold or transferred so I'm sure it will get taken off ebay sooner or later...

i just think that selling that on ebay is a total dick move, i hate when people do that kinda stuff.

Seraphim

#4 Post by Seraphim » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:16 am

Well, the seller is "underlogic" but have some logic when said:
underlogic wrote:Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to a show of his this year, so hopefully I can share this with another Vai fan out there who can enjoy it as much as I would.
Also if he/she sales the CD is because don't have like it (or make a copy) :?
Don't know what to think... if he/she wanna sale it because of the reasons that have quoted or if he/she wanna make some big amount of money... don't know... I have doubts... he also use the word "share" why not shared for free... :roll: so far only one bid...
Also he/she only have sale/buy 27 items in 6 years, not a big seller...
I don't gonna judge him/her before I know the reasons... but I remember what Mikey said about selling passes on e-bay...

That reminds me the Dweezil song "you can't judge a girl by the panties she wears" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so I don't gonna judge him/her

Hummmmm, maybe I gonna bid it... at least probably I get the stuff faster that the seenon one :lol: :lol: :lol: and the mailing cost is more cheap :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(obviously I'm jokking... not gonna bid it...)

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:

Cleggy

#5 Post by Cleggy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:18 am

Seraphim wrote:Hummmmm, maybe I gonna bid it... at least probably I get the stuff faster that the seenon one :lol: :lol: :lol: and the mailing cost is more cheap :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(obviously I'm jokking... not gonna bid it...)

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
LOL!!!!

its not seen-on but see-non

xgtdec
Newcomer

#6 Post by xgtdec » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:15 am

I wouldnt agree this person is an assH**e for wanting to sell his pass...he see's a way of making money and he grabs it with both hands...i mean if you an assho**e for trying to make money than call me an asshole cause god damn it i try to make as much as i can...i also know another that has lots of clever ways to make the cash...and yes his name is Steve Vai...dont be gettin me wrong...i love the music as much as anybody here but the Vai marketing machine sure knows how to bring the cash in..same as our little E-bay friend.....

beggz

#7 Post by beggz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:19 am

I noticed this on Ebay as well..Bloody sad & the fact is it could well be a member of this forum!!

Angry Chair

#8 Post by Angry Chair » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:24 am

I don't see a problem with this. Definately not enough to call him an A%$hole........If I had got it and didn't have a ticket for the show I'd probably put it in ebay so at least someone else who has a ticket for the show could experience the meet and greet.....

Let's all calm down and move along...!

Cheers

Jay

Leanne_777

#9 Post by Leanne_777 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:00 am

The killer is in this very room!

Seriously, that's a crappy thing to do. He's clearly not just selling it as a cd with an extra, he's selling the pass. [/i]

mr_vai777

#10 Post by mr_vai777 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:18 am

didn't Mikey say if anything like this happens they won't do anything special again? One can only hope not...

Axemadman

#11 Post by Axemadman » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:35 am

So let me get this straight - if had not won a pass and sold his CD on ebay it would be fine, but because he has been lucky enough to get one with a pass he's an asshole???

I just don't get it.

I do disagree with selling the pass for financial gain. Is he being intentionally sneaky and trying to disguise selling the pass by using the CD as a cover up - I don't know.

According to the photo he's selling the whole he package received - ie, CD, Pass and 2 booklets and he does clearly state that you will need a valid ticket to use the pass. It certainly is an attractive offer. Ebay is swimming is forgery's (JEM's, RG's, autograph's etc..) At least this looks genuine.

I have no doubt Mikey will have the final say on this - and I'll respect it no matter what he says.

cosmic ape

#12 Post by cosmic ape » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:04 am

the problem is that he is not supposed to sell the pass, it doesn't matter if he only makes $20 or $300... the whole idea of this thing is that anybody could be able to meet Steve, not just people who can afford an Evo experience ticket... If this guy's move jeopardizes the whole thing and from then on we don't get this kind of opportunity, then yes, he will be an asshole...

...I gotta say that I like this whole "Willy Wonka" vibe, it'd be a shame to see it go because of this move...

Svelt Pen

#13 Post by Svelt Pen » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 am

I don't think it's a big enough deal to get all in a huff about....move on with your life!

mr_vai777

#14 Post by mr_vai777 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:19 am

it is a big deal because this is a treat for guys like me who can't afford EVO passes. albeit I cannot use my pass as i am going with 2 other people but this is the reason they do these things.

xgtdec
Newcomer

#15 Post by xgtdec » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:47 am

See this is the strange thing about it....this person is gonna make some cash on a deal which is a bonus feature of the digipak and affords the chance to meet steve after a gig. so somebody spends their hard earned cash on E-bay and then they get to meet steve..its like me...i speant my own hard earned cash on an evo ticket...and i get to meet steve....the only real differance is where the money is going...and if ya take Steve Vai as a product and not a person then you bet they gonna be pissed at the fact somebody is making money off their product and its not them. But thats business...and the world still turns

PS..I do have an aftershow pass but no i would not sell it..thats just the way i am.