Crossroads.. Oh my god..

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
IbanezGRX
Banned

Crossroads.. Oh my god..

#1 Post by IbanezGRX » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:23 am

I was feeling bored so I went back and watched Crossroads again.. And jesus I couldn't stop rewinding to go back to the Duel.. Man o Man it's so good.. It wouldnt be half as good if Steve didnt move around and fall on the floor and stuff :D (If when you read that and it sounds Negative.. Keep re reading it cause I think if you miss interpet that it will sound negative) The best part of the solo is when he grabs the whammy bar and lifts the guitar and shakes the hell outa it... .:D:D:D

God I hope Steve Reads this I wanna know what he was thinking through out the video.. and I wanna know if some of the playing was a little fake.. :(

Steve I hope you get back to me on this..

and I also dont want people who have no idea what they are talking about to post

vaigod

Re: Crossroads.. Oh my god..

#2 Post by vaigod » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:27 am

IbanezGRX wrote: and I wanna know if some of the playing was a little fake..
None of what he was playing was fake.. I do agree, its one hell of a jam/duel.

~D

miker

#3 Post by miker » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:31 pm

No. You're wrong... he did fake!

When he choked and threw the guitar on the floor... he faked that (the choking part, where he messed up).

But I don't really know what I'm talking about and shouldn't have posted... so just ignore this. yah.

Zeds.Ded

#4 Post by Zeds.Ded » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:36 pm

logically id say it was mimed over the pre-recorded track, so he could put more effort into the acting rather than the playing, for film sake, if the director wasnt happy with acting Steve could just do it again and not worry about messing up the solo. just like the Tender surrender video, which is also mimed

little green ghloe

#5 Post by little green ghloe » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:34 pm

Zeds.Ded wrote:logically id say it was mimed over the pre-recorded track, so he could put more effort into the acting rather than the playing, for film sake, if the director wasnt happy with acting Steve could just do it again and not worry about messing up the solo. just like the Tender surrender video, which is also mimed
indeed....

Lucky

#6 Post by Lucky » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:28 pm

Yeah it was just acting. He recorded those bits with his old green meanie...not on the spot with that red charvel/jackson which was just a prop.

vaigod

#7 Post by vaigod » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:39 am

I thought you meant the track itself. Sorry for the confusion./
~D

mayuka

#8 Post by mayuka » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:46 am

yes it was fake, but man its still awsome

Ice9

#9 Post by Ice9 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:38 pm

I have to say, I was watching it recently too and Ralph Machio did a fantastic job miming the slide parts. Maybe not so much the classical part but Ry Cooder did a great job coaching him. IMHO.

acoates

#10 Post by acoates » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:24 pm

Can anyone tell me why the track was sped up for the movie? Listen to the Elusive Light and Sound track and the movie the movie is higher and ever so slightly faster. Considering how impressive it is at normal tempo, why change it?

RAI

#11 Post by RAI » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:35 pm

Ice9 wrote:I have to say, I was watching it recently too and Ralph Machio did a fantastic job miming the slide parts. Maybe not so much the classical part but Ry Cooder did a great job coaching him. IMHO.
Arlen Roth was the coach, not Ry.
:)

Ice9

#12 Post by Ice9 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:19 pm

RAI wrote:
Ice9 wrote:I have to say, I was watching it recently too and Ralph Machio did a fantastic job miming the slide parts. Maybe not so much the classical part but Ry Cooder did a great job coaching him. IMHO.
Arlen Roth was the coach, not Ry.
:)
You are right. But it was Cooder's playing behind the scenes. Got me on that. I've never heard Arlen play.