The Grove Show Sept 9th

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
kemospear
Newcomer

My wife and I had a very special moment at the Grove the last time Steve played there durring the Real Illusions tour. I had managed to win aftershow tickets from Vai.com, so, I put into motion proposing to my wife at the show. Half way through the show, I managed to find one of Sevevs people and told him my intentions about proposing to her during the show. He told me to stay by the side door and wait for him and he would see what he could do. Well, after standing there and missing almost the 2nd half of the show, I finaly walked away figuring that he had forgotten about me and that I would propose to my fience after the show instead of during and catch the end of Steves set. After the show a bunch of us went back into the Grove and were introduced to Steve. When I was finaly introduced to Mr. Vai, I had whispered to him and I wanted him to over see my proposal to my fience. Steve gave me some wonderful advice on marage and then him and I walked over to my fience and then Steve told me to "Get on with it man!" I got down on 1 knee and did the deed. Marie, my bride to be, was totaly stuned and suprised...and of course she said yes!
Since then, she has been one of the biggest Vai fans. When she saw about the concert for Cliff, she got tickets as soon as the pre-sale started for our annicercery (I know I speled that wrong).
Well, This time around, we had som many things going on, we couldnt get decent tickets for the Grove show. :( We are both depressed that we couldnt get decent tickets because The Grove with Vai playing holds such a special place in both of our hearts. I was wondering if anyone here in the fan forum knows how we could get decent tickets for The Grove show with out paying an arm and a leg?
It would meen so much to both Marie and I.
Could anyone PLEASE help

Kemospear :)
Zeds.Ded

your a legend kemospear! that was a heart warming story, and its so cool that Steve was a part of it for you :D
Jem22

Yeah, I had heard that story somewhere before too! Good for you :D I'm glad it worked out well for you! I'm sorry I don't know how to fix your dilemma with the Grove tickets :(
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Ticketmaster has plenty of tickets available.

Mikey
vai.com
kemospear
Newcomer

TY Mikey.

I checked Ticketmaster, and all thay had was tier 4 gen admin.

I guess if that is all there is, that is all that there is.

Thank you again Mikey
FireComa

Don't worry, man, the Grove is really small. Seats in the fourth tier are really really good.
theollieb

Honestly, I really do hope you get those tickets. That is the most heartwarming story I've ever heard.
Mustang Girl
Newcomer

Hi kemospear!

My husband and I were the couple next to you two. (I had on the black 7th song sweatshirt that I later found out was not made by Steve's merchandise people but he was so gracious to autograph it for me anyway.) That was really such a special moment to have witnessed. My husband and I were married in October 2005 and when we got to meet him (after your proposal), we told him that we were going to use "Hand on Heart" as the ceremony music (none of that "here comes the bride" stuff for this bride but when I told Steve the name of the song, I was a little nervous and called it "Hand on my Heart". :oops: ) and that our first dance song was "For the Love of God". We just got an aftershow pass with our CD bundle and I hope that we find out from Mikey that it's a "winner + 1" so my husband and I can both see him after the show again and get one of our wedding programs autographed since his name is in it twice. I haven't made our wedding scrapbook yet but an autographed program would be the "piece de resistance". We went on our honeymoon to Paris and missed seeing him there in the Zappa show by a couple of months (we were there in March and the show was in June) so we are really looking forward to seeing him at the Grove in August.

Congratulations on your wedding!

:D