Sound Theories Digipak Pre-Sale and Aftershow Pass Contest!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mars Volta

I asked Abstract Logix and they say that they are selling just the regular version of the CD.
This should mean that there is no way of getting an aftershow pass if you order from them shouldn't it?
They're advertising and selling the regular CDs but saying there's a chance of getting an aftershow pass in them :?
notavirtuoso

anuj wrote:just received this:
Dear Steve Vai fan –

You are receiving this email because you recently ordered Steve’s new Sound Theories CD and t-shirt bundle from http://vai.seenon.com. Some of you have called or emailed because you have received only the t-shirt without the CD.

Please don’t be concerned! Your CD is on its way.

We received the t-shirts at our warehouse last week, before the new Sound Theories CD was ready to ship. Once we received the CDs at our warehouse, there was a delay in getting them shipped out to customers due to a last-minute change of the CD artwork, and the process of randomly inserting 2,500 passes into the CD cases. Unfortunately, some of the t-shirt orders started shipping out to customers before the CDs were ready to go with them. Please rest assured we are aware of the problem and we are expediting the CD to every customer whose t-shirt was shipped without the CD. All of those discs will be delivered by Monday at the latest.

The good news is that in order to get these CDs shipped out the door as quickly as possible, we’re not replacing the original artwork – your CD shipment will include both the original artwork and the new approved booklet, which makes your CD edition of Sound Theories a special collector’s item!

Thanks again for your patience and for your continued support.

All the best,

Customer Service
~A
Yeah, I just got the same thing. Feeling better about it all now, but I'm sorry for you folks that won't get the chance for passes in time for the shows you are attending.
another virtuoso

i think i know what the REAL problem was...
they randomly packed shirt sizes instead of after show passes, so they're having to redo the whole thing.
:lol: :?: :? :roll:
Mr. Wiggles

Well, I looked it up and it says "In process". What does that mean??! I was never even charged to begin with. Can you guys tell me when you were charged for the CDs???
Fredlight
Newcomer

Whatever happened, this is the messiest mess I've ever witnessed!

Got the same email...so I know I'll get the CD someday..and as someone said, I just have to sit on the dream to get a chance to win an aftershow pass.

To get a crappy extra booklet as a gift is not that great of an idea to cover this mess.

Lesson learned, I'll never order again at this place.

I'll report on the show tomorrow and let you know what happened (maybe we, French Parisian Screwed Fans, will burn the place as a welcome..who knows!)

The sound and show better be top notch..... :evil:
ArnieBall

I bought the regular CD at store and love it, but I also want to get the limited edition CD for my collection !!
I don't really care about winning the aftershow pass since I can't go to any of the upcoming show.... and I can wait a few days for delivery.
Do I still have to pay high $$ for FedEx shipping ??? Why don't they have a standard shipping option ?? Too bad....
disaxster

...and today the Royal Mail is on strike, so rock on (unless somebody else is going to deliver this one)
Big Bad Bill

disaxster wrote:...and today the Royal Mail is on strike, so rock on (unless somebody else is going to deliver this one)
Well it's supposed to arrive by courier-hence the expense-but I have a feeling it'll still rely on a Royal Mail postie to stick it through our letter boxes!
mr_vai777

fed ex don't use royal mail guys do they? the guy that delivered my shirt was a fed ex dude. well, he had a fed ex tshirt on lol.

I think it's cool that we get the pack that they refused aswell. not that we can do anything with it but its a cool collectable. :D
mayuka

got my shirt in, Large just like I asked for! I cant wait for the cd, its gonna be great, i hope they do something like this for newer albums to come!
RAI

mr_vai777 wrote:I think it's cool that we get the pack that they refused aswell. not that we can do anything with it but its a cool collectable. :D
Wonder if they cleared that with the Vai camp.
There was a reason why they had it re-printed...
It was not good enough to be distributed.
And they're still distributing them.
Zeds.Ded

wow! do we get the badly printed (well not up to Mr. Vai's standards im sure sure still pretty damn good!) copy as well as the reprints??
mr_vai777

yeh theyre distributing them for free as a collectable. i think its cool, theyll be very rare
Zeds.Ded

wow! that is great news to me! i really love and place a great amount of personal value in anything that is like that, cause its out of the ordinary, i know id never put it on ebay but just imagine "VERY RARE! one of the bad prints of the limited edition Steve Vai album - Sound theories!" sooo cool! is like a special special edition :D :D
Zeds.Ded

Just received the confirmation Email that Fedex has my package now and is on its way, they gave me a tracking link and all, so thats good.