Sound Theories Digipak Pre-Sale and Aftershow Pass Contest!

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Mars Volta

#76 Post by Mars Volta » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:33 pm

o.k I've thought about it and I most likely am going to get the shirt/cd package but can a member of site staff or someone explain why the shipping price is so high please?

Is it because tax is included in it? The main reason stopping me from ordering at the moment is the fear of being landed with an extra 22% tax when it arrives at my door, making it over £40 which is a lot more than I want to pay.

Is there any chance I'll be taxed? (I'm in the u.k and being quoted $32 shipping)

Also it is insured delivery also for the $32?

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#77 Post by Mikey » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:04 pm

Mars Volta wrote:o.k I've thought about it and I most likely am going to get the shirt/cd package but can a member of site staff or someone explain why the shipping price is so high please?
I'm looking into it.

Mikey
vai.com

Mars Volta

#78 Post by Mars Volta » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:08 pm

Mikey wrote:
Mars Volta wrote:o.k I've thought about it and I most likely am going to get the shirt/cd package but can a member of site staff or someone explain why the shipping price is so high please?
I'm looking into it.

Mikey
vai.com
I just want to definitely know how much money I'll be spending before I order because I'm a jobless music student who only gets £10 a week lol.

Jem22

#79 Post by Jem22 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:16 pm

Thanks Mikey.

Yeah... *gulp* an extra $20.95 for ground Canadian shipping. I'm a fan... but a very broke fan... so I'll have to say no if this doesn't change. :cry:

nosferatu777

#80 Post by nosferatu777 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:41 pm

Great package with the cd/ shirt. Sorry to all the fans in Europe and England about the shipping. I work for a shipping company in the US and I know when we ship prepaid or collect worldwide, things such as declared value, duties, taxes all come into play.

Morisson

#81 Post by Morisson » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:47 am

jeejee wrote:To avoid contributing to global warming all overseas packages will be sent by sailing ships (and be delivered to your home by stagecoach).
Unfortunately the money saved on fuel is all spent on extra insurance, since pirates and sea monsters are really active nowadays.
Watch the documentary about pirates at the Carribean , now in your local cinema, if you don't believe me.

By the way , the orchestra and recording would not have been possible if it weren't for lots of dutch taxpayers money .... lots..

hahahah!

That's right! we've already paid for the freakin'thing!

cbr1000f

#82 Post by cbr1000f » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:15 am

Just ordered 3 times the "Steve Vai Sound Theories T-Shirt and CD Bundle" (for myself & two friends) :D

Revontulet777

#83 Post by Revontulet777 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:17 am

order placed! :D

shacks

#84 Post by shacks » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:07 am

You dont get a chance to win a pass but you can pre-order the standard CD with free delivery to the UK for only £8.99 at HMV!!...

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProd ... sku=666261

shacks

Ryan Brothwell

#85 Post by Ryan Brothwell » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:20 am

Wow. That is a big price difference :D Plus there are no worries of tax/border charges. I tried ordering the digipack/t-shirt bundle about 15 times but the website just wasn't having my transaction. :? I will probably find 15 tshirts/ cd's on my door :D

Mr Clark

#86 Post by Mr Clark » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:39 am

Ryan Brothwell wrote:Wow. That is a big price difference :D Plus there are no worries of tax/border charges. I tried ordering the digipack/t-shirt bundle about 15 times but the website just wasn't having my transaction. :? I will probably find 15 tshirts/ cd's on my door :D
yes and a bunch of burly blokes reclaiming your furniture to pay for all that stuff :D :D :D

Mars Volta

#87 Post by Mars Volta » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:06 am

If Steve's doing this like official meet and greet thing after the show does that mean it would be pointless to wait outside for him for a few hours afterwards to try and meet him? :(

HausCHILD
Newcomer

#88 Post by HausCHILD » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:49 am

Ordered mine yesterday :wink:

Mr.crapo

#89 Post by Mr.crapo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:59 am

And another copy on its way to NL for me :D ye sit is expensive shipping cost but .... what the hell ! i have been waiting too long to miss the thing and i especially appreciate most of you don't wanna pre order this CD : it gives me more chance to get an after pass show hihihi 8) :wink: no offense

by the way, i ll be in Melkweg on July the 18th. by that date i should have receive my copy and maybe also teh after show. but what about people that are planning to a show in Europe in early days of July ? they may attend their show but will receive teh adter show pass after . Am i mistaking something ?

Flo , a happy french guy living in NL. :)

Big Bad Bill

#90 Post by Big Bad Bill » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:10 am

Mr.crapo wrote:i especially appreciate most of you don't wanna pre order this CD : it gives me more chance to get an after pass show hihihi 8) :wink: no offense
In some ways that's the point, Mr. crapo. Some of us can afford to pre-order the CD and get a chance to win an after show pass-we're very lucky and I'm thankful. But what about those unfortunate fans who can't afford it-have families to look after, paying their way through college or simply don't earn enough to justify such an expenditure on a luxury item? They could still be huge Vai fans and meeting him would mean an awful lot to them. If the playing field is being tipped due to a third party company that packages and posts the CD at an inflated cost to make an unreasonable profit, then that is simply unfair and I hope something gets done about it for the sake of fairness.