EVO Premium Experience 2007 - FAQ Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Message
Author
User avatar
Leanne_777
Member
Member
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:31 am
Location: Ireland

#451 Post by Leanne_777 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:37 pm

Good for you!! EVO is amazing, I'd recommend it :D

charliec
Newcomer
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:06 pm

evo

#452 Post by charliec » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:12 pm

I'm really looking forward to Steve and the band coming to Hartford CT.
Steve has amazed me everyt time I have seen him.
I purchased 2 tickets for evo, I e mailed music today but have not heard back. Will the tickets be will call in Hartford? My original purchase
said they would be shipped.
Any insight or info would be appreciated.

Charlie

User avatar
GreenMeanie
Member
Member
Posts: 674
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:52 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: evo

#453 Post by GreenMeanie » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:36 pm

charliec wrote:I'm really looking forward to Steve and the band coming to Hartford CT.
Steve has amazed me everyt time I have seen him.
I purchased 2 tickets for evo, I e mailed music today but have not heard back. Will the tickets be will call in Hartford? My original purchase
said they would be shipped.
Any insight or info would be appreciated.

Charlie
I believe tickets ship two weeks prior to the show.

Joanne

charliec
Newcomer
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:06 pm

#454 Post by charliec » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:55 pm

Thanks Joanne! This will be my 4th shpw over the years and I have been blown away each time. Based on the reviews it should be tremendous.

aviantiefling
Newcomer
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:39 pm

#455 Post by aviantiefling » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:36 pm

this is the document needed to get into the Evo, right? the payment, billing, shipping and seat assignment info is also on this, i just didn't want to include them on here in the interest of space and privacy.

Image

Ashik Hasan
Newcomer
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:28 pm
Location: chicagp

#456 Post by Ashik Hasan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:35 pm

hey mikey,
is it allowed take still camera and take picture during the question ans session with evo experience ticket?

User avatar
Leanne_777
Member
Member
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:31 am
Location: Ireland

#457 Post by Leanne_777 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:06 am

Ashik Hasan wrote:hey mikey,
is it allowed take still camera and take picture during the question ans session with evo experience ticket?
I believe it's okay for EVO but you'll have to bring it back to your car/hotel right after EVO, not allowed for the gig.

Heavyd
Newcomer
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:10 am
Location: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

EVO upgrade vs. EVO Premium

#458 Post by Heavyd » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:21 am

You can't bring pro gear (a digital or film SLR camera with a detachable lens) to EVO or the show. A small digital or disposable camera is okay. No video cameras, or shooting video on still cameras.


Mikey
Thanks for the heads up on the Pro gear warning. I was planning to bring my SLR but I will just bring my little digital camera.
I cant believe that people would try to sneek video etc. You would think a real fan would be content with the EVO experience.
I am bringing my Brother to the show. He is a huge fan of Steve's but doesn't know about the EVO thing yet. He will absolutely freak.
Our seats for the show suck (upr balcony obstructed view)
We purchased the EVO upgrade so do our seats get better? Or is that for the premium EVO package only?
Thanks
Dave

MSC
Newcomer
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:05 am

#459 Post by MSC » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:40 am

Leanne_777 wrote:Good for you!! EVO is amazing, I'd recommend it :D
Hello everybody!!!!
I'm from Brazil and I will go to show in Sao Paulo (november, 06th). Can anyone tell me if there will be EVO tickets in Sao Paulo?
Thanks (and sorry about my english...)

MSC
Newcomer
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:05 am

#460 Post by MSC » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:46 am

One question: The new Vai's DVD "Sound Theories" and the DVD we recieve in EVO tickets are the same?
Thanks!

User avatar
Hakky
Member
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:07 am
Location: Vancouver

#461 Post by Hakky » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:55 pm

I believe these 2 DVDs are different. I have watched the EVO one, and would be certain that the commercial one is longer, and thus worth getting.
(I havent found it in my city yet though-- doh!)

User avatar
resha
Member
Member
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:09 am
Location: Turin, Italy
Contact:

#462 Post by resha » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:47 pm

MSC wrote:One question: The new Vai's DVD "Sound Theories" and the DVD we recieve in EVO tickets are the same?
Thanks!
No, they're different

MSC
Newcomer
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:05 am

#463 Post by MSC » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:12 am

resha wrote:
MSC wrote:One question: The new Vai's DVD "Sound Theories" and the DVD we recieve in EVO tickets are the same?
Thanks!
No, they're different
Thanks for answers, so, I'll buy "Sound Theories" as soon as possible (I
won't wait until the show here in Brazil).

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin
Posts: 4520
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:51 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: EVO upgrade vs. EVO Premium

#464 Post by Mikey » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:33 am

Heavyd wrote:You can't bring pro gear (a digital or film SLR camera with a detachable lens) to EVO or the show. A small digital or disposable camera is okay. No video cameras, or shooting video on still cameras.


Mikey
Thanks for the heads up on the Pro gear warning. I was planning to bring my SLR but I will just bring my little digital camera.
I cant believe that people would try to sneek video etc. You would think a real fan would be content with the EVO experience.
I am bringing my Brother to the show. He is a huge fan of Steve's but doesn't know about the EVO thing yet. He will absolutely freak.
Our seats for the show suck (upr balcony obstructed view)
We purchased the EVO upgrade so do our seats get better? Or is that for the premium EVO package only?
Thanks
Dave
Purchasing EVO upgrades does not change your seats. It just allows you to come to EVO.

Mikey
vai.com

bhandary
Newcomer
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:55 pm

#465 Post by bhandary » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:08 am

Mikey,
I'm attending the EVO experience at the Sayreville venue this week. Can I bring my electric guitar for Steve to sign? Also what's the size of the EVO group at this location? Is it limited to 30 or 40?

Thanks in advance

Vinnie

Post Reply