EVO Premium Experience 2007 - FAQ Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
reesh
Newcomer

#391 Post by reesh » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:19 am

Hey, thanks, that's a great help! Unfortunately I'm not from Glasgow so I don't know where the good pubs are, and the venue isn't in the best of areas in Glasgow... There are however many bars in the venue that serve a wide array of beers though![/code]

highlystrung72
Newcomer

#392 Post by highlystrung72 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:50 am

Hi Mikey,

Quick question, approximately what time will the gig finish?

I'm attending the 19/7 gig.

Thanks,

Leanne_777

#393 Post by Leanne_777 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:52 am

highlystrung72 wrote:Hi Mikey,

Quick question, approximately what time will the gig finish?

I'm attending the 19/7 gig.

Thanks,
I'd say they'd roughly finish at 10.30-11-ish? I'm open to correction though. :o

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#394 Post by Mikey » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:29 am

That sounds about right. Generally shows int he UK end earlier that the rest of Europe.

Mikey
vai.com

beggz

Re: Meet and Greet Pass Giveaway

#395 Post by beggz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:23 pm

chlamy wrote:
reesh wrote: I'll be using it at Glasgow Carling Academy on July 25th.
Hi there, I'll be at the meet and great in Glasgow also :D From what I understood, we just have to wait in the venue after the concert with the pass until we get further instructions (sounds like a James Bond movie to me, lol)

See you there, as I am from France and never been to Glasgow you might also help me out finding goog pubs for a drink before or after the gig :D
Hi the Solid Rock cafe is good for music,food & of course drink .
Heres alink on google maps showing its location.If you then search for carling academy on the same page you'll see the venue just over the other side of the river!
http://www.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=so ... l&ct=image
& heres a link to their site
http://www.thesolidrockcafe.co.uk/

chlamy

#396 Post by chlamy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:25 pm

Hi, my bank will kill me, but I decided to do EVO + aftershow in Glasgow (after EVO in Paris !)

I'll be at the Glasgow Exhibition Center for a conference the beginning of the day. Anybody from Glasgow know how to get to the venue from there, ie Bus, Subway or other ?

And always up of meeting some of you that go to EVO beforehand to go there together !

:D

MrConnelly
Newcomer

Satin Aftershow pass

#397 Post by MrConnelly » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been lucky enough to receive an aftershow pass in the new Sound Theories CD pack.

My partner travels to shows with me, she enjoys Steve's shows, however is not a big a fan as me. The pass is for one person, however i cant just leave my girlfriend outside in the cold while i go and meet Steve, (Which i am so excited about)

Dear Administrators,

Was wondering if there could be a post or something added to the site advising everything we need to know about these passes as the pass doesnt really tell us anything except that it admits us to the aftershow meet and Greet. Maybe something like the EVO experience passes

Would really appreciate that :D .

Cheers

Steve

[/b]

mattmcmanus

#398 Post by mattmcmanus » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:16 am

Mikey/All

to add to posts above regarding bringing guitars to the EVO to be signed - has anyone contacted the Nottingham venue yet to ask? (to save me the phonecall)?

Alternatively, Mikey, is there a gap in the EVO "schedule" to allow people to nip back to their cars and stow guitars away?!

Thanks

Matt

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#399 Post by Mikey » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:34 pm

I can make that happen for you.

Just ask.

Mikey :)
vai.com

beggz

#400 Post by beggz » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:02 pm

Mikey why is it still showing Evo tickets available for the Glasgow Gig (on the tour page)When Youve mentioned that its (EVO) a sell out there?

resha

#401 Post by resha » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:13 pm

Mikey wrote:I can make that happen for you.

Just ask.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Can I take advantage of this special "offer" too Mikey?!

I'll be taking my guitar with me (leaving it in my car) and asking you when you'll check our ID. :P

T bird

#402 Post by T bird » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:45 pm

i will be there

Gekko
Newcomer

#403 Post by Gekko » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:59 am

Hey guys,

I'll be at the aftershow Meet and Greet and will see you there. I did the Evo thing last time Steve played Glasgow and you are in for a great experience.

I live here in Glasgow so as far as bars go...

Definitely avoid the area of the gig! reesh is spot on with his comments about that!

Someone already mentioned the Solid Rock which is a rockers' bar and not part of the Solid Rock Cafe chain. It's worth a visit.

There's also a nice little trio of bars at the bottom of Stockwell Street - The Scotia, The Clutha, and Scotch Corner (formerly the Victoria Bar). They are about 10-15 minute walk from the gig. The Clutha and The Scotch Corner are now joined by a pleasant little beer garden, so if the weather is good, I can recommend that. I suspect I will be there with my mate who is going to the gig - look for a big blond guy in a Steve Vai baseball cap and say hello!

chlamy, if the weather is nice, you can easily walk from the Exhibition Centre to the venue - the Solid Rock pub is sort of on the way as well. If it's raining, get a cab - they are not expensive here.

If anyone has any other questions, I'll be glad to help if I can.

chlamy

#404 Post by chlamy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:17 am

Gekko wrote:
chlamy, if the weather is nice, you can easily walk from the Exhibition Centre to the venue - the Solid Rock pub is sort of on the way as well. If it's raining, get a cab - they are not expensive here
Hey,

Thanks for the information ! I am really looking forward to that. When you say that the area of the concert is not that good, is it just not good for partying or dangerous (criminals ...) ? I will be on my own, and as I am doing the aftershow also, I'll be walking home by myself to Grand Central Hotel, late at night ... should I be worried about that ?

Anyhow, I hope we'll catch up ! If you are doing EVO we could meet before that, and otherwise try to meet at the concert/aftershow :D

Can't wait :D

Gekko
Newcomer

#405 Post by Gekko » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:46 am

Mainly it's not good for partying, but it's also not too far from some rough areas, but it's not so bad that you should be particularly worried.

It's main roads from the venue to your hotel and I would be surprised if you ran into any problems. There will be a few people at the aftershow all heading back into town anyway, I'm sure. And if some are going to Solid Rock, then that's only 2 minutes walk from your hotel!