EVO Premium Experience 2007 - FAQ Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
axeman31390

#421 Post by axeman31390 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:12 pm

Sorry, I understand about valid photo ID but it will be a different name then that of whom purchased the tickets, just making sure that was ok.

Repner
Newcomer

#422 Post by Repner » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:23 am

I just noticed something.

Why is Scotland written down as a city on the Tour page?

vaigirl777

Re: Shipping costs

#423 Post by vaigirl777 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:23 pm

Mikey wrote:
vaigirl777 wrote:
Mikey wrote:I'm surprised that more people don't read the EVO info page in full before making their purchase. It answers most of these questions. I don't mind clarifying stuff, but if I was spending this kind of money, I'd read the information about what I'm buying.

You won't need to bring anything but the printout and a valid form of photo ID.

Tickets will not be shipped. You will receive tickets when you arrive and you name is checked off our guestlist.

Mikey
vai.com
Hi Mikey,

I did read all the info and I understand that the tickets for the EVO will be given to us the night of the show I was just wandering why there was a $9.00 shipping charge from Musictoday. There really was not any option not to do shipping. Thanks, I hope I'm not repeating a question, I tried to read through the threads before asking. Thanks!
Hi Vaigirl,

Sorry to confuse you - this was my mistake.
In the USA, your TICKET will be shipped to you, however, you will receive all EVO merch when you arrive at the show at 3:30.

You should still bring your EVO purchase confirmation email printout with you.

Mikey
vai.com

Hi Mikey,

Help, I sent a PM earlier today and I know you're busy but has the above info changed. I received an email today from tix@musictoday and they said they were not shipping the ticket and would now be will call. It also said it would be available an hour before the show. I wrote them asking why the change and explained that I purchased the EVO and would have to be at the venue at 3:30 and I do not want to have to go and get my ticket an hour before the show and possibly have to exit the venue when I shouldn't have to. They did write me back and stated that: "The orders were changed to Will Call as per the promoter's request. You will be able to pick up your EVO package at the appropriate time." Does this mean my ticket will be ready at 3:00-3:30 so I don't miss anything or has it been changed so that it is ready with the rest of the EVO package. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, this is for the Alexandria, VA show at the Birchmere.

Thanks,
Heather

catscratchfever

#424 Post by catscratchfever » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:27 pm

hi mikey, i have the same question as heather........i just recieved my regular ticket to the anaheim show in the mail.....but i recieved no evo ticket....are they will call now for the U.S. as in europe?

thanks in advance,
Branden

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#425 Post by Mikey » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:38 pm

catscratchfever wrote:hi mikey, i have the same question as heather........i just recieved my regular ticket to the anaheim show in the mail.....but i recieved no evo ticket....are they will call now for the U.S. as in europe?

thanks in advance,
Branden
There is no actual "EVO Ticket". You need to come to the venue at 3:30pm on the day of the show. There, you'll line up outside the venue with other EVO participants, and I'll check your name off our list and you'll get an EVO Laminate. The laminate is your "ticket" into EVO. You'll need to bring your ticket with you, as that's your ticket for the show.

Mikey
vai.com

vaigirl777

#426 Post by vaigirl777 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:31 pm

catscratchfever wrote:hi mikey, i have the same question as heather........i just recieved my regular ticket to the anaheim show in the mail.....but i recieved no evo ticket....are they will call now for the U.S. as in europe?

thanks in advance,
Branden
That wasn't my question, I know there is no EVO ticket, my ticket for the show was to be shipped and then the rest of the EVO package would be given to us at the venue but I received an email that the show ticket is now not going to be shipped that it will be at will call an hour before the show. I was concerned because obviously I'll be there more than an hour before the show and I was wondering if I'd be able to get the ticket in time for EVO. Mikey was kind enough to write me back after I sent a PM stating that he would have my ticket for the show with the EVO package, which was not how it was originally supposed to be. I'm still a little worried but I have faith that Mikey will take care of things! :)

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#427 Post by Mikey » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:48 pm

Don't be concerned. We've done over 100 EVO Experiences and haven't had a ticketing problem yet.

Peace,

Mikey :)
vai.com

rio_perros
Newcomer

Re:2007 EVO/Pass for Vancouver, BC Canada Inquiries

#428 Post by rio_perros » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:44 am

Hello Mikey & Band, Great shows last July in Germany and now that I've had time to reflect, the shows were like watching a live masterpiece painting being created, full of life and colour. Thanks for the notice Mikey, looking forward to the show! Cheers :D
Last edited by rio_perros on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vaifan1982

#429 Post by Vaifan1982 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:14 am

Hi All,

If possible I would just like to find out if anyone knows whether the "Hammerstein Ballroom" NYC will allow cameras, especially for EVO and the aftershow Meet and Greet (it might partly influence my decision to go EVO upgrade ASAP). Their official website, ticketmaster, and live nation state "No Cameras," does this also mean that one won't be allowed through the doors if you have a camera on you at the time?? Does security check? I understand if photography is prohibited and you're not allowed take your camera out during the show (venue rules apply) but I'm just a bit paranoid about this. Moderators maybe? Thanks heaps. :)

GroovinMastiff
Newcomer

Evo Time Gap

#430 Post by GroovinMastiff » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:32 pm

Hi Mikey,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I admit that I was too lazy to look through all the posts to find out :wink:

Anyway, I'm attending the show at Massey Hall in Toronto, Ontario on Sept. 23 and would like to know for sure if there is a period of time after the Evo experience in which I can take an autographed guitar and other goodies back to my hotel room to be safely stored away. The hotel I'm staying at is only a 5 minute walk from Massey Hall, so even a short gap would be sufficient. If there is no gap, I know to keep my guitar at home and only bring small items as I don't want to be lugging a guitar around during the show.

My other question is about the camera situation. From what I understand, flash photography is allowed at the Evo, but is non-flash photography allowed at the show itself? If you've had a past experience at Massey Hall, did you find that the venue staff was tolerant to non-flash photography during the show?

Thanks, your help is appreciated in clearing up my concerns :)

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#431 Post by Mikey » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:12 pm

Vaifan1982 wrote:Hi All,

If possible I would just like to find out if anyone knows whether the "Hammerstein Ballroom" NYC will allow cameras, especially for EVO and the aftershow Meet and Greet (it might partly influence my decision to go EVO upgrade ASAP). Their official website, ticketmaster, and live nation state "No Cameras," does this also mean that one won't be allowed through the doors if you have a camera on you at the time?? Does security check? I understand if photography is prohibited and you're not allowed take your camera out during the show (venue rules apply) but I'm just a bit paranoid about this. Moderators maybe? Thanks heaps. :)
We don't mind you bringing a camera to EVO, but when the show begins, it's venue rules.

If you shoot video on your digital camera at any time during EVO you'll be ejected.

If people continue to come to EVO and shoot video on their digital cameras or mobile phones then we'll put an end to people being allowed to bring cameras at all. As you can tell, I'm having to repeat myself a lot on this point.

vai.com

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Re: Evo Time Gap

#432 Post by Mikey » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:15 pm

GroovinMastiff wrote:Hi Mikey,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I admit that I was too lazy to look through all the posts to find out :wink:

Anyway, I'm attending the show at Massey Hall in Toronto, Ontario on Sept. 23 and would like to know for sure if there is a period of time after the Evo experience in which I can take an autographed guitar and other goodies back to my hotel room to be safely stored away. The hotel I'm staying at is only a 5 minute walk from Massey Hall, so even a short gap would be sufficient. If there is no gap, I know to keep my guitar at home and only bring small items as I don't want to be lugging a guitar around during the show.

My other question is about the camera situation. From what I understand, flash photography is allowed at the Evo, but is non-flash photography allowed at the show itself? If you've had a past experience at Massey Hall, did you find that the venue staff was tolerant to non-flash photography during the show?

Hi there,

Yes - as Massey Hall is a venue where you have a seated ticket, you can leave the venue after EVO to take stuff to your hotel. Just let me know at EVO and I'll make sure you're looked after.

Regarding the cameras, see my post above.

You can't bring pro gear (a digital or film SLR camera with a detachable lens) to EVO or the show. A small digital or disposable camera is okay. No video cameras, or shooting video on still cameras.

vai.com

GroovinMastiff
Newcomer

Re: Evo Time Gap

#433 Post by GroovinMastiff » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:49 pm

Mikey wrote:
GroovinMastiff wrote:Hi Mikey,

Hi there,

Yes - as Massey Hall is a venue where you have a seated ticket, you can leave the venue after EVO to take stuff to your hotel. Just let me know at EVO and I'll make sure you're looked after.

Regarding the cameras, see my post above.

You can't bring pro gear (a digital or film SLR camera with a detachable lens) to EVO or the show. A small digital or disposable camera is okay. No video cameras, or shooting video on still cameras.

Excellent! Thanks for your prompt reply, see you in a month... 8)

Vaifan1982

#434 Post by Vaifan1982 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:03 pm

Mikey wrote:
Vaifan1982 wrote:Hi All,

We don't mind you bringing a camera to EVO, but when the show begins, it's venue rules.

If you shoot video on your digital camera at any time during EVO you'll be ejected.

If people continue to come to EVO and shoot video on their digital cameras or mobile phones then we'll put an end to people being allowed to bring cameras at all. As you can tell, I'm having to repeat myself a lot on this point.

vai.com
Thanks Mikey, your feedback is greatly appreciated! Rules, space, privacy etc. are always respected in my book, hence the caution. I looking forward to seeing you there :wink:

vanbrussel
Newcomer

#435 Post by vanbrussel » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:26 pm

hey mikey :D

i was kind of unsure about one thing about cameras. I understand that u can't video and stuff during The EVO, but will you be able to take pictures as he is answering questions?

And just wondering,.. do u know of any problems at the UB Center in buffalo for camera's and stuff like that?

Thank you very much for your time.