EVO Premium Experience 2007 - FAQ Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
GTR-MAN

Re: Hey Mikey will a 2-page webpage reciept be okay at Willc

#301 Post by GTR-MAN » Mon May 07, 2007 6:13 am

Mikey wrote:
harvesttheouls wrote:Hey Mikey just bought my evo ticks for hammersmith apollo, but when i clicked on the 'print-friendly' reciept, it said my the delivery country is to US (it should be UK), so i just printed out the webpage copy (which listed mycountry as UK) to technical problems is a two page webpage receipt okay?

Then my web browser crashed so i cannot print the print-friendly copy now, will it be okay to show the webpage reciept at will-call/event office on the day?
It's nothing to orry about. Since there is no delivery and you'll get everything when you arrive, just bring what you printed out, plus your ID.

While I sound all strict about bringing IDs, credit cards, print-outs, it's all to ensure the right people get into the show, and we have multiple ways of checking you against our list.

Of the 100 EVO experiences we did last year, we didn't have one problem with anyone's ticket, or people not appearing on our willcall list.

Mikey :)
vai.com
I know you say that the tickets are issued at the door, but when I bought my two tickets for the Tempe AZ show, I was charged for UPS shipping. Is it different for this show or US shows?

GTR-MAN

#302 Post by GTR-MAN » Mon May 07, 2007 6:17 am

Sorry, I just saw the other posts and got my answer about my question about shipping in the US. See you in September !!!

Oh one quick question.... last time we got to get to the stage (since it's GA) before they let in the rest of the folks.... I was wondering if we'll get a few minutes to go to the restroom and buy shirts etc before letting everyone else in, or will we have to bum rush it to the stage ?

Steve

leigh01

#303 Post by leigh01 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:02 am

Mikey wrote:Those videos are not from EVO - but from the show - but in eaither case, they were doing something they shouldn't have.

vai.com
I just read in the Keyword section of the vids, "soundcheck" "Evo Premium experience" so I thought it was in rehearsals or soundcheck,

:peace Leigh. :)

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Re: Seating

#304 Post by Mikey » Mon May 07, 2007 10:55 am

Tobacco Road wrote:Eh Mikey, just a quick question in regards to seating with with the "EVO PREMIUM EXPERIENCE TICKET" Its stated that with purchasing this ticket "Preferred seating where possible (in seated venues only)" I myself have a "EVO PREMIUM EXPERIENCE TICKET" but when i recieved my receipt from Tix@musictoday.com its stated that i have an exact seat number already "LCF,Row A, Seats 21,22 (Massey Hall, Toronto Ontario Canada) I was just a little confused as to why i have an exact seat number but it states otherwise about the EVO EXPERIENCE on the vai.com website. A quick summary would be appreciated
In the USA, you are assigned a seat when you buy the tickets, By the looks of things, you got a front row seat. We can't guarantee everyone will get a front row seat though.

In Europe, we give people their tickets when they arrive at the venue.

Even though you have tickets in hand, you should still bring your a print-out of your EVO receipt with you when you arrive at the show at 3:30pm.

vai.com

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#305 Post by Mikey » Mon May 07, 2007 10:57 am

GTR-MAN wrote:Sorry, I just saw the other posts and got my answer about my question about shipping in the US. See you in September !!!

Oh one quick question.... last time we got to get to the stage (since it's GA) before they let in the rest of the folks.... I was wondering if we'll get a few minutes to go to the restroom and buy shirts etc before letting everyone else in, or will we have to bum rush it to the stage ?

Steve
I can't say for sure. It all depends on how things go on the day.

Obviously we'll do our best to make sure everyone is comfortable.

vai.com

Jem22

#306 Post by Jem22 » Mon May 07, 2007 11:59 am

Mikey wrote:
Tobacco Road wrote:Eh Mikey, just a quick question in regards to seating with with the "EVO PREMIUM EXPERIENCE TICKET" Its stated that with purchasing this ticket "Preferred seating where possible (in seated venues only)" I myself have a "EVO PREMIUM EXPERIENCE TICKET" but when i recieved my receipt from Tix@musictoday.com its stated that i have an exact seat number already "LCF,Row A, Seats 21,22 (Massey Hall, Toronto Ontario Canada) I was just a little confused as to why i have an exact seat number but it states otherwise about the EVO EXPERIENCE on the vai.com website. A quick summary would be appreciated
In the USA, you are assigned a seat when you buy the tickets, By the looks of things, you got a front row seat. We can't guarantee everyone will get a front row seat though.

Even though you have tickets in hand, you should still bring your a print-out of your EVO receipt with you when you arrive at the show at 3:30pm.

vai.com
I was just going to ask this question! :D Hey, Tobacco Road, you're right in front of me!! I'm "LCF Row B seats 23, 24" at Massey Hall. :D Awesome seats eh? When did you purchase your ticket? Hope to see you there!!
Angela

vaigirl777

Shipping costs

#307 Post by vaigirl777 » Mon May 07, 2007 3:58 pm

Mikey wrote:I'm surprised that more people don't read the EVO info page in full before making their purchase. It answers most of these questions. I don't mind clarifying stuff, but if I was spending this kind of money, I'd read the information about what I'm buying.

You won't need to bring anything but the printout and a valid form of photo ID.

Tickets will not be shipped. You will receive tickets when you arrive and you name is checked off our guestlist.

Mikey
vai.com
Hi Mikey,

I did read all the info and I understand that the tickets for the EVO will be given to us the night of the show I was just wandering why there was a $9.00 shipping charge from Musictoday. There really was not any option not to do shipping. Thanks, I hope I'm not repeating a question, I tried to read through the threads before asking. Thanks!

Jem22

#308 Post by Jem22 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:06 pm

Mikey wrote:There you have it. Sorry - I was thinking of EVO Europe. My apologies. It's been a busy last few days...

If you buy tickets to any of the US shows, tickets will be shipped to you, but you will receive your EVO items on the day of the show.

vai.com
Did you purchase a ticket for a US show?

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Re: Shipping costs

#309 Post by Mikey » Mon May 07, 2007 4:18 pm

vaigirl777 wrote:
Mikey wrote:I'm surprised that more people don't read the EVO info page in full before making their purchase. It answers most of these questions. I don't mind clarifying stuff, but if I was spending this kind of money, I'd read the information about what I'm buying.

You won't need to bring anything but the printout and a valid form of photo ID.

Tickets will not be shipped. You will receive tickets when you arrive and you name is checked off our guestlist.

Mikey
vai.com
Hi Mikey,

I did read all the info and I understand that the tickets for the EVO will be given to us the night of the show I was just wandering why there was a $9.00 shipping charge from Musictoday. There really was not any option not to do shipping. Thanks, I hope I'm not repeating a question, I tried to read through the threads before asking. Thanks!
Hi Vaigirl,

Sorry to confuse you - this was my mistake.
In the USA, your TICKET will be shipped to you, however, you will receive all EVO merch when you arrive at the show at 3:30.

You should still bring your EVO purchase confirmation email printout with you.

Mikey
vai.com

guitarman13

#310 Post by guitarman13 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:37 pm

Hey Mikey, I'm still sorta confused about one thing. Will I get to meet Steve and exchange a few words with him? And will I be able to get a picture with him?

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#311 Post by Mikey » Mon May 07, 2007 6:59 pm

Yes.

Mikey
vai.com

Tobacco Road

#312 Post by Tobacco Road » Mon May 07, 2007 8:42 pm

Jem22 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

vai.com
I was just going to ask this question! :D Hey, Tobacco Road, you're right in front of me!! I'm "LCF Row B seats 23, 24" at Massey Hall. :D Awesome seats eh? When did you purchase your ticket? Hope to see you there!!
Angela

AHH thats awsome!!! soo excited, i purchased my ticket about 4 hours after they went on sale. It was pure luck i was home that day due to the fact i work construction and my boss' back was hurting so we took the day off, so i was on vai.com lookin around at tour dates, then i cam across that EVO TICKETS were on sale, ran for my credit card and ordered them!! the rest is history, oh and one more thing are you from Hamilton? just taking a guess from the looks of your e-mail adress

Jem22

#313 Post by Jem22 » Tue May 08, 2007 6:39 am

Hey TR, I sent you a pm.

Leviafan
Newcomer

#314 Post by Leviafan » Tue May 08, 2007 10:01 pm

Hi, Mickey! I mailed Musictoday about my problem and they helped to make everything clear!!! :D :D :D I order my ticket and fill out my adress in Russia and then, when I'm in the USA, I'll mail to them my adress in Florida. Hope to recieve my tickets in time and then to go to one of the most important event in my life! 8)
Cheers! :wink:

Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

#315 Post by Mikey » Tue May 08, 2007 10:06 pm

Leviafan wrote:Hi, Mickey! I mailed Musictoday about my problem and they helped to make everything clear!!! :D :D :D I order my ticket and fill out my adress in Russia and then, when I'm in the USA, I'll mail to them my adress in Florida. Hope to recieve my tickets in time and then to go to one of the most important event in my life! 8)
Cheers! :wink:
Leviafan - please send me a Private Message to discuss this, and I have another solution that we have devised with MusicToday.

vai.com