The Vai song you hate the most?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
slash89

guitarbonham wrote:dream theater lyrics i do listen to more then most. zeppelin dream theater and vai and some gnr is about all i actually listen to for lyrics.
Since you said
..and some gnr
it's all good :lol:
NaturalJEM

Asian Sky, does nothing but remind me of a corny anime show, and I hate anime personally.
giantrobot

I certainly don't hate anything Steve does,but I've yet to really enjoy any of his vocal tunes (that he sings).That's the main reason I didn't care for Ultra Zone that much....too much of it.There's some brilliant work on there,though (Oooo,Frank,Lotus Feet).

Never really got into Sex And Religion,either.
slash89

giantrobot wrote:I certainly don't hate anything Steve does,but I've yet to really enjoy any of his vocal tunes (that he sings).That's the main reason I didn't care for Ultra Zone that much....too much of it.There's some brilliant work on there,though (Oooo,Frank,Lotus Feet).

Lotus Feet is from RI:R :roll:
leigh01

slash89 wrote:
giantrobot wrote:I certainly don't hate anything Steve does,but I've yet to really enjoy any of his vocal tunes (that he sings).That's the main reason I didn't care for Ultra Zone that much....too much of it.There's some brilliant work on there,though (Oooo,Frank,Lotus Feet).

Lotus Feet is from RI:R :roll:
:lol:

Dude, Ultra Zone was like my fave album and still is.
fiddlemord

The song I like the least from Steve is 'Aching Hunger'. It's not a bad song, but the background vocals/voices are kind of disturbing...
boswell

There's loads I dislike, most artists only produce 2 or 3 tracks per album that are worth listening to.

mp3's have been my saviour since around 1998 no more filling my house with dodgy music 8)
IbanezGRX
Banned

BoonDog wrote:I have great issues with the album Fire Garden.

A lot of it just seems to be steve experimenting with digital effects, to the detriment of his musical abilities. Somebody should of said to Steve to - "leave the big red digital effect switch alone".

I must concede though that the fire garden suite; and maybe hand on heart maybe dont deserve the bashing, but they didnt belong on that album. I felt the album ruined their impact, as your ears are just recovering from all the twiddly gadetry that was used on it.

I can say though i love pretty much everything else he has done, including work with Alcatraz and the Sex & Religion album featuring Dev Townsend.

RI:Reflections i know upset some folks, but i do not think there are any really weak tracks on there, even Steves voice seems to of found its self!

He is playing better than ever; and long may it continue.

Regards

Boondog

YOU COULDNT OF SAID IT ANY BETTER

I recently bought 5 of his albums and I seem to not like Fire Garden as much it really goes over board with effects and by the way

I HATE GENOCIDE VERY MUCH..

Sorry Steve it should be illegal to listen to that song
The chorus is annoying :( Save some kids before we die? Sorry, but it doesnt stop me from listening to your amazing other songs (see my topic for my favorite songs)

~Ryan~
leigh01

IbanezGRX wrote:
BoonDog wrote:I have great issues with the album Fire Garden.

A lot of it just seems to be steve experimenting with digital effects, to the detriment of his musical abilities. Somebody should of said to Steve to - "leave the big red digital effect switch alone".

I must concede though that the fire garden suite; and maybe hand on heart maybe dont deserve the bashing, but they didnt belong on that album. I felt the album ruined their impact, as your ears are just recovering from all the twiddly gadetry that was used on it.

I can say though i love pretty much everything else he has done, including work with Alcatraz and the Sex & Religion album featuring Dev Townsend.

RI:Reflections i know upset some folks, but i do not think there are any really weak tracks on there, even Steves voice seems to of found its self!

He is playing better than ever; and long may it continue.

Regards

Boondog

YOU COULDNT OF SAID IT ANY BETTER

I recently bought 5 of his albums and I seem to not like Fire Garden as much it really goes over board with effects and by the way

I HATE GENOCIDE VERY MUCH..

Sorry Steve it should be illegal to listen to that song
The chorus is annoying :( Save some kids before we die? Sorry, but it doesnt stop me from listening to your amazing other songs (see my topic for my favorite songs)

~Ryan~

:shock: :shock: :shock: :P
matsimpson

i dont hate any vai songs. but i dont particularly like the little meanderings like when i was a little boy..whookam is good backwards though! :p dirty black hole doesnt do it for me. but i LOVE so happy! its so cool! and i just heard that mp3 clip of "shadows and sparks" from the audition page - it reminds me of the black page abit, and i LOVE that song! it is a bit weird so i guess it might make the hate list for some of you :p
IbanezGRX
Banned

Alright im sorry but I also DONT LIKE

-Whookam (what is he saying when its backwards..?
-Ya-Yo-Gakk (alright going over board with your son there.. rather annoying)
-Yai-Yai (really stupid)
-When I was a Litttle boy (Totally un-called for) seriously WTF?

Sorry steve Everything else from my 5 Albums is REALLY GOOD

Please dont sing.. it makes me sad because your guitar skills are 100% better
Entheogen

IbanezGRX wrote: Please dont sing.. it makes me sad because your guitar skills are 100% better
Ouch... that's a little harsh. I happen to enjoy the singing, but one can't please them all. I, for one, am not too much a fan of "Road to Mt. Calvary." It sounds too much like a Nine Inch Nails B-Side. I have my problems with the Sex and Religion album as a whole, not enough to stop me from listening to it (Steve, T.M., HevyDevy, and Bozzio?!), but that it's a Christian Rock album masquerading around under the sheets of virtuous guitar playing and compositional skills. That's just my problem.

Evan Riddell

P.S. "Dirty Black Hole" doesn't make me think of the inner evil of mankind, if you catch my drift.
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Entheogen wrote:I have my problems with the Sex and Religion album as a whole, not enough to stop me from listening to it (Steve, T.M., HevyDevy, and Bozzio?!), but that it's a Christian Rock album masquerading around under the sheets of virtuous guitar playing and compositional skills. That's just my problem.

Evan Riddell

P.S. "Dirty Black Hole" doesn't make me think of the inner evil of mankind, if you catch my drift.
It absolutely is NOT a Christian rock album...

Mikey
vai.com
matsimpson

IbanezGRX wrote:
-Whookam (what is he saying when its backwards..?
It starts with a random grunt of sorts, then its the chorus from sex and religion, slightly different, then some people shouting "Holy mary mother of god and blessed is the fruit of thy womb!" then its those weird grunts at the beginning but backwards :)
its quite strange.
IbanezGRX
Banned

Ok, I got Holy Mother of God.. and thats it.. But I believe you ;)