The Vai song you hate the most?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Booligan

i don´t think I´ve ever been able to listen to "Dying for your love" in full. I just can´t stand it.
Jonesy038

Booligan wrote:i don´t think I´ve ever been able to listen to "Dying for your love" in full. I just can´t stand it.
Same for me. I love 98% of his stuff, but this song, purely in my own view of course, is dreadful!
slash89

Jonesy038 wrote:
Booligan wrote:i don´t think I´ve ever been able to listen to "Dying for your love" in full. I just can´t stand it.
Same for me. I love 98% of his stuff, but this song, purely in my own view of course, is dreadful!
Take a closer look at the song and dig into the deep lyrics the song has to offer.
Jonesy038

Thanks for the advice (!) but I just don't like it, it's just dirge to me, but there you go!
Zongadude

espguitarlord wrote: I'm not really a fan of "Under It All".
ouch ! That hurts ! ;)
This is to me the u-l-t-i-m-a-t-e Vai track. I really really love it. It is number one in my Vai-list, way way up high. But, hey.... that's life. :)
Seraphim

slash89 wrote:
Jonesy038 wrote:
Take a closer look at the song and dig into the deep lyrics the song has to offer.
Of course, I respect your opinion, like I always do. But the lyrics of that song means a lot to me at the time when the CD was available and still do :P
But that's my opinion! :wink:
Booligan

slash89 wrote:
Jonesy038 wrote:
there´s no way you could have known this about me but to me lyrics are only (and by that i mean only) a way to express the melody of a song. hell, I don´t even know the lyrics to my favorite songs! (other than Erotomania) :P
<Mike>

dude if you don't usually check the lyrics, start doing it. It can make the song 100 times better. (or worse)
Booligan

I´ve tried it. It just didn´t work for me, I don´t know why. Lyrics just won´t "give" me anything.
slash89

Booligan wrote:I´ve tried it. It just didn´t work for me, I don´t know why. Lyrics just won´t "give" me anything.
I take it you are not the vocalist in your band, huh? :lol:
Ultraviolet

Haven't heard nearly all of his songs yet,...however EVERY song I have heard,..takes my heart,...makes me smile,...or makes me laugh. So my answer for now will be NONE :)
Booligan

slash89 wrote:
Booligan wrote:I´ve tried it. It just didn´t work for me, I don´t know why. Lyrics just won´t "give" me anything.
I take it you are not the vocalist in your band, huh? :lol:
hahah, you´ve got that right! I´m the SHREDDER of me band, I don´t need to know no lyrics 8)
guitarbonham

i don't listen to lyrics either. i only know any of the lyrics to like 5 songs. i dont' really get anything out of them. im also a terrible singer so that explains it lol.

but now back on topic. i don't like the beginning of kill the guy with the ball. that out of control wah effect just sounds really wierd... but i like that song a lot as a whole. i dont' like under it all its sooo long and all of the talking in it slows it down even more. i do like the guitar work in it tho. my least fav vai song by far is yai yai. my friends love that song for whatever reason and everytime they get ahold of my ipod put it into my top rated and play it over and over and over... and ya they ruined it lol
<Mike>

dream theater wouldn't be as great as they are without their awesome lyrics imo. Petrucci writes awesome lyrics.
guitarbonham

dream theater lyrics i do listen to more then most. zeppelin dream theater and vai and some gnr is about all i actually listen to for lyrics.