The Vai song you hate the most?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
holzwurm

Little pieces of seaweed
:roll:
Entheogen

Mikey wrote:
It absolutely is NOT a Christian rock album...

Mikey
vai.com
It has its moments of God Rock-ness, but it's all balanced out by the immortal chorus, "Jesus Christ is in your bed tonight". Don't worry, I love the album.

Evan Riddell
slash89

Entheogen wrote:
Mikey wrote:
It absolutely is NOT a Christian rock album...

Mikey
vai.com
It has its moments of God Rock-ness, but it's all balanced out by the immortal chorus, "Jesus Christ is in your bed tonight". Don't worry, I love the album.

Evan Riddell
I think you have missed the point :? Vai's music is spiritual, not Christian :wink:
Booligan

lol i don´t think the term "spiritual" belongs into a conversation about music. it´s just music. great music that may "touch" some people but still, just music.
djhollowman

http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20051

So where was all this when I tried to get some responses a while back huh???

:? :? :?
Yozhik

test

having trouble posting
slash89

Yozhik wrote:test

having trouble posting
Seems like everything is fine now :wink:
s_t_e_v_e_n_s_i_r_o_v_a_i

I'm not sucking up when I say that I don't dislike any song of vai's work, play me any song that steve made and I won't press the skip button on my music player
Guitarmonky55

yeah I can say that I have yet to hear a vai song that i dislike. I like some songs more than others, but i dont have distaste for any that I have heard.
notavirtuoso

I always skip Genocide.
Svelt Pen

I know I'm gonna get attacked for this but I can't stand the Attitude Song and Answers...it's a toss-up. Sorry die-hards! IMHO, Answers sounds like it could be used as background in a used car sales or Tide commercial, and the Attitude song just doesn't cut it, and it's rather cheesy. Oh yeah, maybe I'll include Ya-Yo-Gaak too...That baby's voice is so obnoxious! Anyways, that's my humble opinion and I'm stickin to it! ;)
Vaism

Least favorite Vai songs:

Ya-yo Gakk
Brother
Damn You
Yai Yai
Dying For Your Love
Glorious (that dying cat effect is too annoying for me)
Oooo
Voodoo Acid
Fever Dreams
Asian Sky

I do not enjoy these songs really for a variety of reasons. Anyone who says they enjoy listening to Yai Yai is clearly lying lol. :lol: I really think Flex-able is one of Vai's best collections of songs. Im shocked to see so many people not favor it. Also guys, a REALLY underrated song is There's Still Hope (I know Vai didn't write it) on Mystery Archives vol. 4 - I think that song shows how good Vai is. There is so much more to him than just fast licks and tricks. His chordal accompaniments are simply amazing. But yeah those songs I do not like lol.
FireComa

It's hard to dislike Steve Vai's stuff overall, but there is a lot of his stuff that is more than an acquired taste.

"Ya-Yo Gakk" is obviously annoying,

The filler tracks ("Whookam," etc.) on Fire Garden are pointless,

"The Blood and the Tears" off of The Ultra Zone was bad, but "Voodoo Acid" is one of the worst things he's done.

and "I'm Your Secrets" could have been better.

And I know this will probably anger all of you other diehard Vai fans (Note: I'm one) but I am not that much into "For the Love of God." I know that's basically Vai's Citizen Kane to all of you, but it's not that great in my opinion.
Seraphim

Vaism wrote:Anyone who says they enjoy listening to Yai Yai is clearly lying lol. :lol:
I like Yai Yai and I'm not lying 8)
Also like the Crab-Grass Baby from Zappa's Thing Fish 8)

:mrgreen: Seraphim :mrgreen:
bilbo--baggins

My least favourite is 'So Happy' (Flex-able) if you call that a song...

Interesting reading some other people's least favourites - some of them I really do like, like Brother, Damn You, etc.