The Vai song you hate the most?

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Shredomaniac
Newcomer

Hey! Just wondering what is the song from Steve that you dislike the most!

Me, hum... it's really hard to find.

I would say ''It's time for christmas'' is really boring for me. Also ballad like : I'm your secrets and In my dream with you.

I know it can be a super idiot thread, but I actualy think it's interesting to know what kind of songs Vai's fans dislike.

And you Steve? What's the song from you that you hate the most? :P
Leanne_777

Oooohhhhhh, I wouldn't go saying hate.........
Shredomaniac
Newcomer

Well, I tought the word ''HATE'' would capture the attention of more people :lol:

Is the word ''Dislike'' better?
Leanne_777

I would say love the least :D
ClarkyNZ

Go ask again on www.britneyspeares.com
another virtuoso

ClarkyNZ wrote:Go ask again on www.britneyspeares.com
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Leanne_777 wrote:I would say love the least :D
there you go :D

there are very few i totally dislike. and i can't think of any that i hate. but there are a couple off Ultra Zone and Flexable i never could get into although i cant recall the names of them specifically at the moment.
Currahee

I was never really hot on Lucky Charms, sorry ......................
Prezidentman

Some of the stuff from Flexable and Leftovers is a bit too wacky for my tastes along with Lucky Charms, I generally don't like those high pitched voices in any song. But that makes up, what, 5% of Steve's vast catalogue, so I love about 95% of his work. 8)
Big Bad Bill

Yeah, 'Lucky Charms' I find a little challenging. It's the wacky Zappesque stuff that I'm not too keen on. We all have different tastes.
joshua202020

I must say i really don't like BAD HORSIE because there is no way i can play it.. but i love that song very much though...
Shredded Heat

Hmm maybe 'The Road to Mt. Calvary' - it kinda scares me
If not that, then 'Brother' or 'Genocide'

It's probably not to do with the actual songs, but the memories I associate with them
PSD

Big Bad Bill wrote:Yeah, 'Lucky Charms' I find a little challenging. It's the wacky Zappesque stuff that I'm not too keen on. We all have different tastes.
Funny how different people react to the same thing. I think this is one of Steve's greatest compositions. A mini-symphony that includes some of Steve's most tasteful acoustic guitar playing. I'm not criticizing you, just noting how different our tastes are,
Prezidentman

PSD wrote:
Big Bad Bill wrote:Yeah, 'Lucky Charms' I find a little challenging. It's the wacky Zappesque stuff that I'm not too keen on. We all have different tastes.
Funny how different people react to the same thing. I think this is one of Steve's greatest compositions. A mini-symphony that includes some of Steve's most tasteful acoustic guitar playing. I'm not criticizing you, just noting how different our tastes are,
I agree it does contain some great playing, passages, arrangements and whtatnot but overall that song just slighlty irritates me..again, I guess it's the voices..
Big Bad Bill

PSD wrote:
I'm not criticizing you, just noting how different our tastes are,
No, no-not at all-that's a good and fair comment.

I suppose I have this test-if I were to play this song to a non-Vai fan, member of the public-would they scoff at it or say it had credibility. I think Lucky Charms would make most adults roll their eyes :roll: But Steve wrote tht song for one of his sons and I think kids would LOVE it!

I can't even recall any acoustic guiatr playing it that track! Maybe I shold listen again with a more open mind.
BoonDog

I have great issues with the album Fire Garden.

A lot of it just seems to be steve experimenting with digital effects, to the detriment of his musical abilities. Somebody should of said to Steve to - "leave the big red digital effect switch alone".

I must concede though that the fire garden suite; and maybe hand on heart maybe dont deserve the bashing, but they didnt belong on that album. I felt the album ruined their impact, as your ears are just recovering from all the twiddly gadetry that was used on it.

I can say though i love pretty much everything else he has done, including work with Alcatraz and the Sex & Religion album featuring Dev Townsend.

RI:Reflections i know upset some folks, but i do not think there are any really weak tracks on there, even Steves voice seems to of found its self!

He is playing better than ever; and long may it continue.

Regards

Boondog