2007 EUROPE AND USA TOUR

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Gerco

Just bought my EVO ticket for the Amsterdam show, YEAH!!! :lol:
Alexandre Caetano
Newcomer

MIKEY - any news about opening act?!?! I´m curious.

By the way, Jeremy Colson is playing with Marty Friedman now in japan, he will be in Europe for the next tour? He is a very nice guy and a great drummer :-) !!!
Leanne_777

Alexandre Caetano wrote:MIKEY - any news about opening act?!?! I´m curious.

By the way, Jeremy Colson is playing with Marty Friedman now in japan, he will be in Europe for the next tour? He is a very nice guy and a great drummer :-) !!!
I believe Jeremy will be on the tour :D
Jem22

Ok, so I scanned all 17 pages of this topic. I just wanted to confirm that any US dates will be announced after the European tour and might start around September? Is there any news / possibilites for a Canadian tour during the US tour? Will there be the EVO chance for this?

Thank you!
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Jem22 wrote:Ok, so I scanned all 17 pages of this topic. I just wanted to confirm that any US dates will be announced after the European tour and might start around September? Is there any news / possibilites for a Canadian tour during the US tour? Will there be the EVO chance for this?

Thank you!
Hi there,

The US dates will be anounced before the European tour and will begin in early September, yes.

There will be dates in Canada, but I don't have specifics yet.

Mikey
vai.com
Jem22

Well thank you Mikey for such a prompt reply! :D
This is great to hear!
sacrifice

TORONTO YESSSSS! it doesn't matter what the openeer is to me, haha. If it's someone i like, thats bonus harharhar - Devin Townsend? He doesn't have anything booked for that time yet, maybe maybe..

what would everybody like to see on this tour? In the postcards steve's mentioned getting around to completley reinventing himself again - would you rather see his past rock/light/fusionesque style we've seen, or see a new style? (continuing the sound from Real Ilusions I hope, pretty much my favourite release from him as a cohesive whole work)

I personally wouldn't mind even skipping certain classics people might demand (ive seen tender surrender and for the love of god on youtube too many times to count already haha). I don't know how long the set will be this tour, but if that's at all a concern, I am in favour of new material instead of classics.

... a tidbit of fire strings? haha, impossible maybe, i don't know. I am so interested in it anyway, maybe one solo taste of it bulit into improv between a song or something..
whatever it is I will love it, - -haha, the tour dates announced by symphony x and dream theater didn't have much impact on me this year, but Vai I am excited about.
Rahab

But but.... you're skipping the whole southeast!

=(
Surfdog777
Newcomer

Are the dates posted just the first leg of the tour, or is that the entire journey?

No southeast dates at all?
fiddlemord

PLEASE COME TO FINLAND!!!!!!!! What would make this even a more orgasmic year would be the almighty STEVE FUCKIN' VAI COME TO FINLAND!!!!!!! All we can do now is pray...
Mr Clark

any news on the tickets for udine, italy? it's may already and there isn't a sales opening date :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
_Josu_

Hi there guys,

I'm daily checking the web (more than usual) but there's still no news about tickets for Spain, is there something wrong? All European countries have tickets on sale but us!

Hope to get my ticket for seeing Steve soon!

Thanks and (warm)regards
<Mike>

spain has tour dates....
_Josu_

yeah, maybe I didn't explain myself very well...there's no tickets on sale still even the web means that in mid-april It will be on sale. That's my question, as we are in May why there's still no news about the tickets for spanish shows...I was worrying if something went wrong
Seraphim

In Oporto Portugal, the tickets are not in sale yet, but on the vai.com site say that the tickets are available at 13th april... I believe that are the venue that don't have printed the tickets yet. Probably that is the reason why some other venues don't have the tickets available too.
I guess.