STEVE VAI - 2007 EUROPEAN TOUR???

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
SPQR

I dont know why some of us didnt see this forthcoming tour coming as usually when there is a new addition as a guitar to steves weaponary there is more than likly going to be something planned to play it or record with.
slash89

I hope The Breed will return :oops:
Angelicosis

Steve PLEASE :!: come to Poland with whoever You want :)

all the best,
Angelika
Prezidentman

Hm, I see Marty Friedman is currently touring with Jeremy Colson, seeing them next month, can't wait!
Zongadude

Mikey wrote:Steve is assembling a new band because he wants to explore other musical areas.
I'm delighted. First, I just discovered that Steve's coming to Paris to do a show. Secondly, it's going to be a new band, and there's a high probability that these new shows will be slightly different concerts than usual.

Don't get me wrong. I love Steve's show. I saw him in 1993, 2000, and 2005 (this last one with the Breed being the one I enjoyed the most). I would have enjoyed another 'Real Illusion' show big time. But the possibility of getting something new is more appealling, and quite amazing.

Go ahead Steve ! Do whatever you need to do. I'll always follow you, no matter what. Just continue to surprise us. We love it each time. :)
Prezidentman

He comes anywhere within a 300 mile radius near me and I'm there!!
frenchfred

Mikey wrote:
Tony and Virgil Donati are playing arenas in France with Michel Polnareff. Nothing to do with SV.
:shock: :shock: Michel polnareff ??? OK OK he is a legend in france but i'm surprised that CAB play with him
Listen to "ophélie flagrant délit" in michel polnareff's myspace :shock:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=76216036
lydian2000

frenchfred wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Tony and Virgil Donati are playing arenas in France with Michel Polnareff. Nothing to do with SV.
:shock: :shock: Michel polnareff ??? OK OK he is a legend in france but i'm surprised that CAB play with him
Listen to "ophélie flagrant délit" in michel polnareff's myspace :shock:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=76216036
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WTF??? tony and virgil playing with polnareff??? I hope they did get a good paycheck at least.... I agree with frenchfred polnareff is/WAS a pop legend... and a classically trained musician...but they live in totally different worlds IMO!..... :shock:
Zongadude

lydian2000 wrote:
frenchfred wrote:
Mikey wrote:
:shock: :shock: Michel polnareff ???

WTF??? tony and virgil playing with polnareff??? I hope they did get a good paycheck at least.... I agree with frenchfred polnareff is/WAS a pop legend... and a classically trained musician...but they live in totally different worlds IMO!..... :shock:
Well guess what: Some friends went back from the Polnareff show saying: "he's got an amazing guitarist and a serious drummer!". I told them they ususally play with Steve Vai these last years. Now they wanna check Steve out ! :D So it's not that bad an idea, is it ?
frenchfred

there is an interview in a french newspaper which is called "liberation", and michel polnareff says he's now inspired by jazz, fusion, steve vai :shock: :shock: :shock: (I hope vai's influence in his next album :D )
Now i know why CAB is playing with polnareff, in front of 17 000 fans every evening, during 10 days :shock:
and french public are :shock: :shock: :shock: by CAB too : very very very good critical :D
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Michel lives in Los Angeles and was at most CAB gigs anytime they played here.

I don't think that they're all that different. Take Tony and Michel for example: both clasically trained and highly accomplished musicians. They just took different paths with the music they make. Bunny and Virgil are also highly trained musicians of considerable caliber.

I think that it's great that Michel assembled such an excellent band for his comeback tour. To me, it shows that that it's really about the music.

Tony told me they they're currently playing to 17,000 a night.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Zeds.Ded

:shock: i wouldnt mind 17,000 a night . . . .
ibanson

outch! :shock:
frenchfred

Mikey wrote:Michel lives in Los Angeles and was at most CAB gigs anytime they played here.
I don't think that they're all that different. Take Tony and Michel for example: both clasically trained and highly accomplished musicians. They just took different paths with the music they make. Bunny and Virgil are also highly trained musicians of considerable caliber.

I think that it's great that Michel assembled such an excellent band for his comeback tour. To me, it shows that that it's really about the music.

Tony told me they they're currently playing to 17,000 a night.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Thanks for the information mikey :D . You know, michel polnareff is a MYSTERY for "french public" (not for french fan of course) since he lives in USA. So when michel decided to do concerts in france, fans were :D :D but some folks thought that he would fall down :? . But critically are very good :D :D .
seriously when i heard michel's latest hit "ophelie flagrant des lits", i thought it was ridiculous. But when i see video from the concert, i change my opinion.
So i'm very happy that a french artist plays with musicans like CAB, because it's not common in france (it's a country which prefer "pop idol artist" than musician :wink: . For example : you can't see satriani or vai at TV show / or radio).
Let's go Michel !!!!
Tomsangel

Does anyone know, whether more tour dates will be added? I've been checking the tour dates and the news section regularly, but so far nothing has come up within a distance of 200 miles of where I live. And I'd loooooooove to see Steve on stage again.