To represent Steve Vai....

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
vaivox
Newcomer

#31 Post by vaivox » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:16 pm

man... theres so much great vai tunes. there isn't words best to describe some of Steve's music. i love all about eve
secrets from :Passion and Warfare
erotic nightmares
LIBERTY
call it sleep,
that worldjazz tune he did anyone who has an ear can say!? can't pigeon corner the man can do hops around most Dudes
^ Vai's a pro man: * :shock:

quiksilver98

#32 Post by quiksilver98 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:52 pm

Vai is the master and he has more feeling in his pinky finger than we have in both our hands but Vai does have no talent... he is the best guitar player but he ahd to practice A TON to get as good as he is. Go to the interview at ultimate-guitar.com, Vai even says it himself that he got no talent and he wasn't a natural.

Leanne_777

#33 Post by Leanne_777 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:17 pm

Anyone remember a thread a while back where someone was claiming that Steve couldn't play bar chords? It was hilarious.

leigh01

#34 Post by leigh01 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:39 am

quiksilver98 wrote:Vai is the master and he has more feeling in his pinky finger than we have in both our hands but Vai does have no talent... he is the best guitar player but he ahd to practice A TON to get as good as he is. Go to the interview at ultimate-guitar.com, Vai even says it himself that he got no talent and he wasn't a natural.

(coughs and splutters) MR VAI, NO TALENT,
sorry I had to put the , in there but for some reason Vai and No Talent don't seem to fit in the same sentance, I mean listen to the dudes compositions???????,

I don't think that motor skills are a talent on guitar at all what I judge as talent is his compositions.

leigh01

#35 Post by leigh01 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:40 am

Leanne_777 wrote:Anyone remember a thread a while back where someone was claiming that Steve couldn't play bar chords? It was hilarious.
:lol: :lol: That ridiculous (sorry mispelt).

maximus

#36 Post by maximus » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:25 pm

I am not going to stop interacting with this guy because he doesn't like Vai. Let's make that clear. :wink: I think I might actually give him Eat 'Em and Smile and not tell him who the guitar player is. He likes VH... :D

smiffy

#37 Post by smiffy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:58 am

quiksilver98 wrote:Vai is the master and he has more feeling in his pinky finger than we have in both our hands but Vai does have no talent... he is the best guitar player but he ahd to practice A TON to get as good as he is. Go to the interview at ultimate-guitar.com, Vai even says it himself that he got no talent and he wasn't a natural.
I think there must be a slight misunderstanding here. It is true that Steve have said, that he had to practice a lot, to get the technique he has now. He has also said that he felt other guitarist (presumably some the other world class players) did'nt have to struggle as much as he did to get to that level. However getting a techique like Steve in the first place, can not be done without tons of talent. Another thing is that Steve's musical genious shows in so many other ways. Just think about his arranging skills on say "Answers" just to pick one, it is simply a unique piece of music. Steve has said that he had all the arrangments in his head when he wrote that piece, a gift that would be impossible to posses, without being an outstanding talented musician.

ZappaIrl

#38 Post by ZappaIrl » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:35 am

i just tried to convince a friend yesterday to go and see steve in vicar street, and i think i did it..... the two songs i used in this devilish plan were...... "the boy from seattle" and "sisters".. two of my fave songs! plus im a big Xbox 360 fan......... and so is he.... and when he heard that steve appeared on the Halo2 soundtrack..... i think it swung it!