To represent Steve Vai....

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
Message
Author
User avatar
eledance
Member
Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 6:02 am
Location: Lochem (Holland)
Contact:

#16 Post by eledance » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:40 pm

Crtl Alt Delete :wink:

applesteam
Member
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:32 am
Location: Wicklow,Ireland

#17 Post by applesteam » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:37 am

Mmm...I don't think this guy deserves a comp cd of steves best work...but if he did it should include:

Liberty,The Animal,Erotic Nightmares,For The Love Of God,Blue Powder,Touching Tongues,Tender Surrender,Bad Horsie,Thers a fire in the house, warm regards,The Crying Machine,Lucky Charms, windows to the soul,Whispering A prayer,Lotus Feet, Building The Church,Get the Hell Outta Here,The Attitude Song...

davidparis
Member
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:11 pm

#18 Post by davidparis » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:24 am

just tell him to get Steve Vai an Anthology

TongueNGroove
Member
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:38 pm

#19 Post by TongueNGroove » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:17 pm

Well here are my favorite vai things

Have him watch the movie Crossroads
Give him the David Lee Roth CD's with vai on them
Passion and Warfare of course

But If I had to pick individual songs

Attitude Song
Yankee Rose
Blue Powder
For the Love of God
Juice
Jibboom

To name a few...

User avatar
joshua202020
Member
Member
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:15 am
Contact:

#20 Post by joshua202020 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:46 am

let him listen to... #%$@ Yourself.. that song is for him

Angry Chair
Member
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:12 pm
Location: Portsmouth UK

#21 Post by Angry Chair » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:20 am

I wouldn't put too much into it mate. I think Mikey's right, if his mind is made up then there won't be much you do about it. I would't make him sit though PaW though as it's quite intense and may tempt him to hit the forward button....!

I think the thing may be that with some of Vai's stuff you really have to concentrate as it can take a lot of disipline to figure out what's going on.

But if he doesn't like it then there's no real problem though. I think the beauty of music is that it what appeals to one may not appeal to another. I'll be totally honest in that I didn't like Real Illusions. For me it didn't strike home, although I definately reconize that there is some incredible playing on it....

But in the end though your friend should at least appreciate and admit that Steve is one hell of a talent....!

Cheers

Jay

vaigod
Member
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:24 pm
Location: PHX,AZ
Contact:

#22 Post by vaigod » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:47 am

Let him be. If he doesnt like SV then he doesn't like SV.

End of story. Never call anyone names just because they don't like the same things you do.

~D

maximus
Member
Member
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:45 am

#23 Post by maximus » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:21 pm

davidparis wrote:just tell him to get Steve Vai an Anthology
That is a good one but I wouldn't tell him to because he wouldn't want to spend money on someone he doesn't think he likes.

I think I'll just play him some of this stuff next time I get the chance, nothing as intense as P+W in its entirety but Tender Surrender for example, that was a good idea.

P.S. Angry Chair I agree about RI:R :oops:

SPQR
Member
Member
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:36 pm
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

#24 Post by SPQR » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:31 pm

Purchase a real illusions and blast it :lol:

Splish
Member
Member
Posts: 606
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:10 am

#25 Post by Splish » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:53 am

FRETPICK wrote:Just tell him he's a NOOB & that he needs to get a GRIP, followed by a slap to the forehead. :lol:
Lol :lol:

Splish

User avatar
juliussontany
Member
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:41 pm
Location: new york
Contact:

#26 Post by juliussontany » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:27 pm

eh ??


don't waste your time..... :D

quebec
Newcomer
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:59 pm
Location: Montreal

#27 Post by quebec » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:48 pm

Building The Church
Some of my non-musicians friends really enjoyed this one. It's rockin, futuristic, original, melodic, intense... They were intrigued!

Splish
Member
Member
Posts: 606
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:10 am

#28 Post by Splish » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:34 am

Angry Chair wrote:I wouldn't put too much into it mate. I think Mikey's right, if his mind is made up then there won't be much you do about it. I would't make him sit though PaW though as it's quite intense and may tempt him to hit the forward button....!

I think the thing may be that with some of Vai's stuff you really have to concentrate as it can take a lot of disipline to figure out what's going on.

But if he doesn't like it then there's no real problem though. I think the beauty of music is that it what appeals to one may not appeal to another. I'll be totally honest in that I didn't like Real Illusions. For me it didn't strike home, although I definately reconize that there is some incredible playing on it....

But in the end though your friend should at least appreciate and admit that Steve is one hell of a talent....!

Cheers

Jay
I sware i'm the only one on this forum that like RI:R more than P&W =/

Splish

seljer
Member
Member
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:11 am
Location: Slovenia

#29 Post by seljer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:05 am

Splish wrote: I sware i'm the only one on this forum that like RI:R more than P&W =/

Splish
nah, you're not alone. Though they're both great albums I find myself listening to RI much more often than P&W

User avatar
leigh01
Member
Member
Posts: 928
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:18 am
Location: England, East Anglia.
Contact:

#30 Post by leigh01 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:33 am

seljer wrote:
Splish wrote: I sware i'm the only one on this forum that like RI:R more than P&W =/

Splish
nah, you're not alone. Though they're both great albums I find myself listening to RI much more often than P&W
And me. :)

Post Reply