To represent Steve Vai....

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
eledance

#16 Post by eledance » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:40 pm

Crtl Alt Delete :wink:

applesteam

#17 Post by applesteam » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:37 am

Mmm...I don't think this guy deserves a comp cd of steves best work...but if he did it should include:

Liberty,The Animal,Erotic Nightmares,For The Love Of God,Blue Powder,Touching Tongues,Tender Surrender,Bad Horsie,Thers a fire in the house, warm regards,The Crying Machine,Lucky Charms, windows to the soul,Whispering A prayer,Lotus Feet, Building The Church,Get the Hell Outta Here,The Attitude Song...

davidparis

#18 Post by davidparis » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:24 am

just tell him to get Steve Vai an Anthology

TongueNGroove

#19 Post by TongueNGroove » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:17 pm

Well here are my favorite vai things

Have him watch the movie Crossroads
Give him the David Lee Roth CD's with vai on them
Passion and Warfare of course

But If I had to pick individual songs

Attitude Song
Yankee Rose
Blue Powder
For the Love of God
Juice
Jibboom

To name a few...

joshua202020

#20 Post by joshua202020 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:46 am

let him listen to... #%$@ Yourself.. that song is for him

Angry Chair

#21 Post by Angry Chair » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:20 am

I wouldn't put too much into it mate. I think Mikey's right, if his mind is made up then there won't be much you do about it. I would't make him sit though PaW though as it's quite intense and may tempt him to hit the forward button....!

I think the thing may be that with some of Vai's stuff you really have to concentrate as it can take a lot of disipline to figure out what's going on.

But if he doesn't like it then there's no real problem though. I think the beauty of music is that it what appeals to one may not appeal to another. I'll be totally honest in that I didn't like Real Illusions. For me it didn't strike home, although I definately reconize that there is some incredible playing on it....

But in the end though your friend should at least appreciate and admit that Steve is one hell of a talent....!

Cheers

Jay

vaigod

#22 Post by vaigod » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:47 am

Let him be. If he doesnt like SV then he doesn't like SV.

End of story. Never call anyone names just because they don't like the same things you do.

~D

maximus

#23 Post by maximus » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:21 pm

davidparis wrote:just tell him to get Steve Vai an Anthology
That is a good one but I wouldn't tell him to because he wouldn't want to spend money on someone he doesn't think he likes.

I think I'll just play him some of this stuff next time I get the chance, nothing as intense as P+W in its entirety but Tender Surrender for example, that was a good idea.

P.S. Angry Chair I agree about RI:R :oops:

SPQR

#24 Post by SPQR » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:31 pm

Purchase a real illusions and blast it :lol:

Splish

#25 Post by Splish » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:53 am

FRETPICK wrote:Just tell him he's a NOOB & that he needs to get a GRIP, followed by a slap to the forehead. :lol:
Lol :lol:

Splish

juliussontany

#26 Post by juliussontany » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:27 pm

eh ??

don't waste your time..... :D

quebec
Newcomer

#27 Post by quebec » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:48 pm

Building The Church
Some of my non-musicians friends really enjoyed this one. It's rockin, futuristic, original, melodic, intense... They were intrigued!

Splish

#28 Post by Splish » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:34 am

Angry Chair wrote:I wouldn't put too much into it mate. I think Mikey's right, if his mind is made up then there won't be much you do about it. I would't make him sit though PaW though as it's quite intense and may tempt him to hit the forward button....!

I think the thing may be that with some of Vai's stuff you really have to concentrate as it can take a lot of disipline to figure out what's going on.

But if he doesn't like it then there's no real problem though. I think the beauty of music is that it what appeals to one may not appeal to another. I'll be totally honest in that I didn't like Real Illusions. For me it didn't strike home, although I definately reconize that there is some incredible playing on it....

But in the end though your friend should at least appreciate and admit that Steve is one hell of a talent....!

Cheers

Jay
I sware i'm the only one on this forum that like RI:R more than P&W =/

Splish

seljer

#29 Post by seljer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:05 am

Splish wrote: I sware i'm the only one on this forum that like RI:R more than P&W =/

Splish
nah, you're not alone. Though they're both great albums I find myself listening to RI much more often than P&W

leigh01

#30 Post by leigh01 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:33 am

seljer wrote:
Splish wrote: I sware i'm the only one on this forum that like RI:R more than P&W =/

Splish
nah, you're not alone. Though they're both great albums I find myself listening to RI much more often than P&W
And me. :)