A New Postcard From Steve

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
b2

A New Postcard From Steve

#1 Post by b2 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:11 am

Could not find a thread about this.

A New Postcard From Steve:
http://www.vai.com/AllAboutSteve/postcards.html

Steve, this is excellent! Both the info and that you have time to keep
us updated with what you are working on these days.
Just the right info for us crazy fans! Thanks! :D

Big Bad Bill

#2 Post by Big Bad Bill » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:31 am

Excellent stuff! I'm so excited about these new recordings that a little pee has come out! :oops:

Isn't it interesting that Steve still plays 'Answers' after all these years? It's probably my favourite Vai piece, not least for the 7/4 lick toward the end. I wonder why this 2:56 of musical heaven is still so important for Steve?

R1FSR

#3 Post by R1FSR » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:34 am

I was lucky enough to be at one of these shows so i know 'roughly' what to expect...but this is one Vai CD/DVD i am really looking forward to buying.
It now more exciting now that Steve has made a comment on what hes doing and where hes up to on the mixing etc.

cant wait for this one.

resha

#4 Post by resha » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:21 am

Only a little time left to have that superb work in my hands... I cannot imagine what to espect, and this thing kinda lights me up! I'm really curious to see what Steve is capable of in this new adventure, and I'm sure He will -as always- surprise me.

I will follow anything He does.

Thanx Steve

EyE

#5 Post by EyE » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:50 am

Cool stuff Steve!! Thanks for the note. It's always nice to read your notes and what keeps you bussy. The Aching Hunger shows were a blast and certainly a memorable event Steve. Thanks again for your musical poetry.

J :wink:

SPQR

#6 Post by SPQR » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:15 am

wow thats excellent i can't wait for the dvd and stuff to be released. Cheers steve 8)

Prezidentman

#7 Post by Prezidentman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:33 am

Great to read Steve's words again...can't wait for the releases. I was pleasantly surprised to hear him praise Paul Gilbert and his new album, that was nice of him.

LasGuit
Newcomer

#8 Post by LasGuit » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:52 am

Uuum after reading the post card...I can also list myself into the ones waiting for that job to be finished mister Vai.

Indeed I was lucky enough to watch one of those shows by the German TV and I cant wait to see how it ends with a good sound mix and all of that stuff. But in the other hand...I know that Vai doesn´t consider himself a perfectionist but I must say that I don´t like the "cut&paste" aproach applied to alive performance. I think I takes away the "real feeling" from the recordings,...anyway, let´s sit and wait...

Emi

#9 Post by Emi » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:11 am

Cool, thanks for the pos card Steve!!!!!
I can wait for the release of the CDs and the DVD!! :D :D

fineweather

#10 Post by fineweather » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:38 am

Really excited after I red Steve's words. The "Sound Current" project is definitely magnificent. I'm really glad of being a fan of Steve as a great composer. Can't wait for the release date of the CDs/DVD! And hope this wonderful project'll keep evolving! Thank you Steve so much for your sweet post card!

Stephen Brown

#11 Post by Stephen Brown » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:31 am

That's so much work...!!!!!!!!! Respect!!!! Can't wait.

The dedication of the individuals involved is a massive project.wow!!!!!!

Hat off to Steve.Must be very proud going from doing all that work as a youngling to this. Like a life project/dream come true.

Who'd want to do the editing though!!! No fear.haha. Brave man. We're talking hours...days...time...omg.

What about the tracks then...horns...strings....the whole deal. I mean it's not like the band work. My dear old par played the proms when he 18 so I sort have a little idea but MIXING.WOW.

A dvd & a cd with different takes on each!!!! Yesssss.Nice....!!!! 8)

Do ya reckon Steve got chatting with Sting & Mr Summers?

davidparis

#12 Post by davidparis » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:06 pm

:D:D:D:D:D

I can't wait

slash89

#13 Post by slash89 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:16 pm

Nice! Can't wait to read them all :)

cbr1000f

#14 Post by cbr1000f » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:33 pm

Great read as usual :)

litlgrnman

#15 Post by litlgrnman » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:59 pm

Nice find b2! I've been anxiously awaiting word on this project. I can't wait to turn off the lights, fire up the surround sound and soak up some symphonic Vai.

Thanks for taking the time to give us a little insight into your experienc at the Grammy's. Not often that you get a firsthand report from someone who's had a chance to hang with Miss Universe in an exploding dress! :shock:

I could certainly forsee upon completion and release of "Sound Current Vol. 1" Steve presenting himself with an award or two for the Aching Hunger project.