The Official 'G3 2003' CD & DVD Discussion Thread

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
sword

I just bought the G3 DVD from sonymusic with the autographed booklet. It was 21.91 altogether with 2-3 day shipping. I hope I won't be disappointed. I'm already disappointed at the fact that Steve only has 3 songs on it other than the jam. I was really looking forward to seeing The Reaper live along with another live take on Whispering a Prayer. The Live in Astoria DVD ROCKED!!! I hope this DVD will rock as well. I'm also surprised it isn't a 2 disc DVD. By the way, Mikey, what are the bonus features included on the DVD? From the sound of the CD samples Joe sounds better and better with each passing year. They might be the same songs as his Live in San Francisco DVD (except for Midnight) but I always like to see what new elements each live show brings with it (new riffs, Joe's new guitars, etc.) All in all, I believe it will be worth the dough, especially since I'll remember my own first-time experience of seeing Joe, Steve, and Yngwie on this year's G3 tour in Nashville on Oct. 27, 2003. Peace and guitar.

P.S. And yes, I do prefer Yngwie over Eric Johnson hands down.

(¯`·._.·§wo®d·._.·´¯)
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

sword wrote:By the way, Mikey, what are the bonus features included on the DVD?
I have no idea. Steve wasn't involved in the production of the DVD apart from mixing his own audio. I sat in one day while he was mixing it in the studio and it sounds dope! But as far as the DVD goes, I'll probably see it for the first time at the same time you do :)

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
Sliver

is the song that steve plays on the triple neck on the DVD??
micdreyer

hi there folk's..i live in denmark, and can't order the autograph editions of cd-dvd here..sony dont ship outside usa..can somebody help me to get it..please contakt my on:

Micdreyer@hotmail.com

will this editions be able to get over VAI site??
GuitarMaster1962

I ordered my copy of the DVD at Borders yesterday. Can't wait for it.
juef
Newcomer

http://www.satriani.com has some info & new samples from the upcoming G3 stuff, in case anybody missed it.
Junebughunter

I ordered mine with the autograph today from sony music with the expidiated shipping. It was $21 can't wait for it to arrive and add the autographed booklet to my collection.

I really hope there are some cool features along with it too!
sword

The newsletter I received from Joe Satriani about the new G3 DVD and CD says that the "DVD also features day of show itinerary, lighting plot diagrams, alternate angle featuring the fretcam , 5.1 sound, bios and more!"
"Fretcam"? :shock: I like the sound of that :D Fretcam=happy fan :wink:

(¯`·._.·§wo®d·._.·´¯)
EyE

I can't waite!!!!! 8) . Just like as for the Astoria DVD i'll have to waite for this one also. Doesn't realy matter cause I also have to waite to see Mr.Vai with the MPO in Paradiso(holland) in may and I also gotta waite for G3 at the Arrow Rock Festival(holland) in june.
All this waiting makes me wanna waite some more :lol:

I waite to hear from you guy's :lol:

John
badasstommyboy

sword wrote:The newsletter I received from Joe Satriani about the new G3 DVD and CD says that the "DVD also features day of show itinerary, lighting plot diagrams, alternate angle featuring the fretcam , 5.1 sound, bios and more!"
"Fretcam"? :shock: I like the sound of that :D Fretcam=happy fan :wink:

(¯`·._.·§wo®d·._.·´¯)

yngwie used that on the war to end all wars video, small camera that fits to the headstock, so you see directly down the fretboard.
shader

Thunderstruck video...
Junebughunter

Man I can't wait for this DVD I am really glad this one got rushed and released. I still remember seeing the G3 show like it was yesterday. It's hard to believe it was several months ago already
Guitar playin dude
Newcomer

Hi everyone, does anyone know what region code the dvd is. I can't seem to find out anywhere and I want to order it today, although I suspect it's region free I don't want the disappointment of finding out it's not when it drops through the letterbox. Cheers.
shader

i think it's region 1...

Region codes are the tool of Satan (aka. 'The MPAA')... if you have a DVD-ROM drive for your computer there are a bunch of tools to allow you to play any region dvd (decss for one...)
Sliver

Sliver wrote:is the song that steve plays on the triple neck on the DVD??
well....anyone???