The Ibanez 20th Anniversary

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
slash89

matsimpson wrote:just google it, apparently the list is $6,666.66
wish it couldve been $7,777.77
Or even better - $777.77...but that aint going to happen
Meanwhile im getting my bank robbing kit
Or lets say $7.77 :P
miker

Looks very cool... but... an acrylic body? I dunno. Might not be my particular preference.
slash89

miker wrote:Looks very cool... but... an acrylic body? I dunno. Might not be my particular preference.
Have you tried these type of guitars before? I'll hopefully get the chance to try one out :)
so happy

Friend of mine had an acrylic guitar once, handmade by his older brother ( a luthier at the time) it was vaguely modelled on a telecaster shape. Sounded awesome, not great sustain but real 'crunch' , that could have been the Schaller duel coil pickups ( weapon of choice at the time) ...F....ng heavy tho....somebody email Ibanez for the overall weight.

Oh and they're $5k in the states, translate directly to pounds for the few that'll make it to the uk ( as with most things imported from there :evil: )

G.
-yasi-

that guitar looks soooo awesome :) :shock: :lol:
Splish

Am i the only one just to think the guitar is only... Alright? :? :oops: (don't slate me! lol)

Splish
b2

Would love to play one for one houre or 48.
But I proberly never will. But I wonder how the neck feel compared
to a Jem7vwh.

How many are gone be made? Are they signed by Steve Vai?
phil_greg

personnally I really dont find this guitar beautiful, compare it to the jem777 and it will look ridiculous. I've heard that the color you see are in fact lights and when you close them it is just the mirror color.
munchocruncho

"6105 frets"
Jeroen
Site Admin
Site Admin

phil_greg wrote:personnally I really dont find this guitar beautiful, compare it to the jem777 and it will look ridiculous. I've heard that the color you see are in fact lights and when you close them it is just the mirror color.
Look a while to the picture of the guitar on the homepage intro site (www.vai.com), you'll see it but lit and with the LED's off.

J
phil_greg

well i must reconsiderer my opinion, yes it is a beautiful guitar finally, steve vai will probably use it during bad horsie that should be crazy with all the lights
ibanezrg

Splish wrote:Am i the only one just to think the guitar is only... Alright? :? :oops: (don't slate me! lol)

Splish
:lol: "Am I the only one that thinks this guitar is just horrible looking???" :shock:
so happy

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. 8)

One mans medicine is another mans poison etc., personally I think the black one is just plain boring, plus black is the colour of protection (psychically) , interesting that all those satanic types traditionally wear black....they're the ones that buy into fear & believe we can be harmed :wink: Not that there's anything wrong in wearing black, just depends why & 'how'you do. :)

A trully conscious being knows he can never be trully harmed & aligns his consciousness to 'the light' be it green or otherwise ( enter the little green men, carrying said guitar on anti-gravity platform :roll: 8) :D )

OH....KAY....Early morning tangent :lol: :P :?
Bennett

looks absolutely awesome..oh man i wish i was rich..
phil_greg

thats the bad side of signature guitars its like 500-1000$ more expensive than a guitar at the same level