Mr. Vai's Solo from Whitesnake Tour 1990

This is the forum for all Steve Vai-related discussion including Steve's albums, videos, performances and frequently asked questions.
slash89

fiddlemord wrote:I wonder how Steve feels these days about playing to those HUGE crowds. I mean, with DLR and Whitesnake, the crowds were big!!! It must have been so exciting to play a great solo like that in front of that sea of people, who didn't come to watch Steve mainly, but the whole band. Steve had much to prove...and he sure did prove 'em that he's a wizard when it comes to the guitar!
I think it's safe to say that he didn't disappoint his audience back then, nor does he do so now either 8) Viva la Vai :P
ultra

Yeah i remember seeing this when Steve played with Whitesnake at the Monsters of Rock gig at Donnington Park back in 90 i think...ill always remember when David Coverdale said "Ladies and gentlemen....Mr Passion & Warfare....Steve Vai"...what a moment, one ill always remember.
ultra
slash89

ultra wrote:Yeah i remember seeing this when Steve played with Whitesnake at the Monsters of Rock gig at Donnington Park back in 90 i think...ill always remember when David Coverdale said "Ladies and gentlemen....Mr Passion & Warfare....Steve Vai"...what a moment, one ill always remember.
ultra
You were there :oops: Lucky lad :P
ultra

Yep i was there man, was way cool! Seems like only yesterday...sniff....the memories lol! Whitesnake were awesome but when Mr Coverdale introduced Steve...well hairs stood up on my neck!!..phew
miker

Xynia wrote:Well now I feel silly... lol :lol:
Well... you shouldn't! Seraphim's pulling a fast one. That hat's not pointy at the top!!!

Now the cat's outta the bag.
Seraphim

Now I feel silly... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn, I have watched again this video... impressive :shock:
hartfolk

Probably a month ago a found 2 links to you tube somewhere in vai com. The short videos presented Vai and David coverdale at Donnington 1990. Could anybody help to find it again. I have done a lot of research, but did not find....

thanks!
EyE

They were removed.
hartfolk

hmmm...i am disappointed, but thanks anyway! It would be so cool to be able to archive those files...
nickcat0

Ah happy memories .

Vai got paid a fortune , allegedly , to play with Whitesnake , and this gave him the financial independence to continue with his solo stuff .
slash89

ultra wrote:Yep i was there man, was way cool! Seems like only yesterday...sniff....the memories lol! Whitesnake were awesome but when Mr Coverdale introduced Steve...well hairs stood up on my neck!!..phew
I believe you man :lol: Steve's music has that effect on people!